X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Marquise Goodwin - Making Impression

I knew Goodwin was fast but after reading this article I looked up his combine speed -- 4.27 -- That is the fastest 40 at the combine in the last 10 years.

Plus he is ranked #5 in the last 5 years for the broad jump.

He's obviously explosive so if he can translate his camp success to the preseason we might have real quality behind Watkins.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Marquise Goodwin - Making Impression

Heh.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

are bills fans overlooking marquise goodwin a little bit for that number 2 spot?

I think we found our very own Devin Hester. Damn this guy is fast. I watched that kickoff return about 20 times yesterday. He made everyone else look like they're moving in slow motion.

I wonder if he can field punt returns too. Or is TJ Graham doing that.
      I think we found our very own Devin Hester. Damn this guy is fast. I watched that kickoff return about 20 times yesterday. He made everyone else look like they're moving in slow motion. I wonder if he can field punt returns too. Or is TJ Graham doing that.

Ok, so it seems like every practice has at least one bomb to Flash. Even one Bills reporter is saying that the DB's are dropping back on him in practice. It seems like he is one of the most productive receivers in camp so far.
      Ok, so it seems like every practice has at least one bomb to Flash. Even one Bills reporter is saying that the DB's are dropping back on him in practice. It seems like he is one of the most productive receivers in camp so far. Maybe not by the number of catches or yards but by total TD's and Wow factor. I think that if we would

not only does he have track speed, hes agile, has football iq with the ball in his hands and running routes. he showed great hands and route running ability at the senior bowl.

and hes strong/tough as hell....

look at his block vs ucla! this pick is special!
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4nq9emo0hWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talk to me when his wikipedia page talks more about his NFL career than his track career.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

Oh, the annual training camp fluff stories. Torell Troup is also making a very good impression.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

The best stat that any player can ever have is availability during the entire regular to post season . He hasn't really thrived there.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Most things break at higher speeds, like MG.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

It's 50/50 he makes it to opening day without some sort of injury.

Rooting for him but this is why we have a bunch of WR's in camp. Pre-season hasn't started yet.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Contract year

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  Most things break at higher speeds, like MG.
                  I assume that when you wrote MG you were writing about Goodwin. But we are living in the Age of The Segue, so...allow me.

The early MGA/MGB motors were a 3 main bearing design, susceptible to a main bearing problem if you over-revved the thing. Quite easy to repair, however - new bearing babbit, some crocus paper and some plasti-gage, and you were back up and running.

See also the Model T, and E.B White's essay about same. It is an exceptionally good read:

ONWARD & UPWARD WITH THE ARTS about the early Model T Fords and their tricks. Only one page in the current catalogue of Sears, Roebuck is devoted to …

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Marquis seems like a good guy based on some the articles on him and his family life, but I wouldn't count on him being available for 16 games. I don't even know if you can count on him for 8. if he rises to the top, then that really says something about how the other guys faired. Marquis really seems like a one trick pony to run long and run reverses. and when you ask him to do other things like run over the middle he gets hurt. I wouldn't be angry if he made the team, but he should be 4th 5th receiver. he is not durable enough to be the 2/3. if the bills utilize TE in the middle of the field this year, you may see Goodwin get a lot of chances 1 on 1. that would be a case to keep him. but keeping him to be the 2/3 receiver to run the full route tree seems absurd to me. and a sign that we don't have depth at WR.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

I'm astounded this 2013 3rd rounder is still on the team, let alone competing and being under consideration for a roster spot again.

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquise_Goodwin
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-10-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

He's not a #2 by any means and he should not be put in the slot on any kind of regular basis because he is not able to take hits. He is probably better than Devery Henderson was with the Saints but we don't have that kind of offense.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Rooting for him too. But he's kind of gotta prove himself all over again, again. Still a fan of his and Woods.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                            Oh, the annual training camp fluff stories. Torell Troup is also making a very good impression.
                            Some are fluff stories, some pan out though. They've been saying both he and Dezmin Lewis improved their consistency, catching, and route running. Sure it's too early, but I mean those are good things aren't they ?

I remember Josh Reed being terrible early in his career, couldn't run routes, couldn't hang on to the ball, fumbled. But later in his career, he became precise, tough, flypaper hands and clutch. That's why they hang on to some younger players.

Is Goodwin robust ? Well, I doubt it, but let's face it, the whole team seems like they're made of ancient papyrus at this point.

The guy improved though. At this point that's a good thing.

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

He won't last 4 games. Another injury prone find for Whaley. Eason still around? Why we keep these guys I'll never know.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X