X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Terry Pegula speaks up

Pretty much expected at this time he comes out to straighten the record from the very top, not forcefully but very subtle -- shows his business skills.

Don't like the fact that he watches films of practice "every day". Not sure if this is the seed that one day leads to a play-calling owner ...

If he has other business to run, how much time he has by staying here every day?
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Terry Pegula speaks up

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Don't like the fact that he watches films of practice "every day". Not sure if this is the seed that one day leads to a play-calling owner ...?
    I'd guess he's more trying to learn, he said previously he's weaker on football.

I'm sure his businesses are fine. I hope he's on this organization like a cheap suit and develops a proper bull**** filter with the people he's dealing with.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      I'd guess he's more trying to learn, he said previously he's weaker on football.

I'm sure his businesses are fine. I hope he's on this organization like a cheap suit and develops a proper bull**** filter with the people he's dealing with.
      How in the world can anybody flip over that amount of cash to buy an NFL franchise and still needs to learn something?

In this age of 0.1% interest (thanks to the current Administration and their realization that they couldn't begin to try to service the massive debt they rang up for their political purposes. Cripes - they have monetized debt - with the resulting flood of currency), Pegula correctly saw - like he did with the Sabres purchase - a place to park money virtually risk-free.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Topas
        German smartass
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        How in the world can anybody flip over that amount of cash to buy an NFL franchise and still needs to learn something? ...
        Are you serious? Do you think he should have waited until he is a GM-like football expert and only then bought the next franchise that goes for sale? Have you been an expert on cars when you bought you first car?
        Probably you are kidding and I dont get it...

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

you have to watch out for these zero risk, zero leverage conservatives who want a robust economy without taking any risk, topas. they typically don't understand how the world works.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

How in the world can anybody flip over that amount of cash to buy an NFL franchise and still needs to learn something?
            Yeah, like you never bought anything you didn't know how to use.

Biggest aggravation to me is :
            Pegula: “Yes, and by the way, in my mind, the team hasn’t been to the playoffs in one year.”
            I'm glad you feel my pain, Terry.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Yeah, like you never bought anything you didn't know how to use.
              No - I never bought anything I didn't know how to use.

But I have bought lots of things that seemed to me to be a bright idea at the time, but never put into use. Things like 2 bikes - 24 and 26 inch, both outfitted by me with fat seats, side view mirrors, front and rear lights, rear cargo racks, bells, and after-market brake calipers. A 200-pound generator with wheels that I have to haul up my down-dip drive with a winch, the parts and tools to drill an access port through and cap off the steel side door of my house, to feed in the industrial-grade 10 pound twist-lock GFCI extension cord.

Wanna buy some tires? I have 12 in my garage - like new - that I took off our fleet because they are those dangerous (to me) original-equipment "low-rolling resistance" donuts newer cars are afflicted with in the name of gas mileage.
              Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-11-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

No - I never bought anything I didn't know how to use.
                No way you've never looked at instructions and tried to figure out what you're doing, for anything whatever. It's that simple.

Or you never had to learn anything because you already knew it all. No way, it's that simple.

It's really that simple.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

No way you've never looked at instructions and tried to figure out what you're doing, for anything whatever. It's that simple.

Or you never had to learn anything because you already knew it all. No way, it's that simple.

It's really that simple.
                  You are trying to play semantics. Your original statement was if I ever bought anything I didn't know how to use. Of course I read instructions. You seem to be implying that if I bought, say, a shotgun, I'd think that picking it up and putting the muzzle into my shoulder was ok, until I read the instructions. You may buy things without any idea whatsoever as to how to utilize the thing - but I don't.

Don't be really that simple.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

You are trying to play semantics. Your original statement was if I ever bought anything I didn't know how to use. Of course I read instructions. You seem to be implying that if I bought, say, a shotgun, I'd think that picking it up and putting the muzzle into my shoulder was ok, until I read the instructions. You may buy things without any idea whatsoever as to how to utilize the thing - but I don't.

Don't be really that simple.
                    Nah, you don't need instructions if you know how to use everything. You said you know how to use everything you bought. That's not semantics. You said it.

I'm not implying, I'm stating it pure and simple, you need to learn how to use things best like anyone does, even an NFL owner.

It's still just that simple. This is where you give up, so do so and let's move along.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Cripes - you are a shining example of what passes for discussion these days - ignore the general idea, the thrust, and hunt for some phrase that you can interpret your way, then go ahead and declare victory.

Any fool can understand that "knowing how to use" something one buys isn't an absolute - once you buy it, you examine it, you consult and follow instructions to learn more.

Save your condescension for your circle of friend.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Cripes - you are a shining example of what passes for discussion these days - ignore the general idea, the thrust, and hunt for some phrase that you can interpret your way, then go ahead and declare victory.

Any fool can understand that "knowing how to use" something one buys isn't an absolute - once you buy it, you examine it, you consult and follow instructions to learn more.

Save your condescension for your circle of friend.
                        If
                        is true, it would apply to Pegula buying a football team then wouldn't it ? And you just called yourself a name. I didn't write your sentences for you so don't blame me if you aggravated yourself.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Pegula said he watches so he can learn but he does not say what to do or ask for things to change.

I have zero problem with anyone in the organization sitting and learning and asking questions to the coaches.

He also is not there during time with players so he is not slowing that process at all, which is timed and has limits per the cba.

Further he said he has no intentions of dictating like al Davis or Jerry jones football decisions he just wants to understand and gain knowledge.

My lord could you imagine if trump bought the team his son would probably be the gm. So glad we have Pegula.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                            Pegula said he watches so he can learn but he does not say what to do or ask for things to change.

I have zero problem with anyone in the organization sitting and learning and asking questions to the coaches.

He also is not there during time with players so he is not slowing that process at all, which is timed and has limits per the cba.

Further he said he has no intentions of dictating like al Davis or Jerry jones football decisions he just wants to understand and gain knowledge.

My lord could you imagine if trump bought the team his son would probably be the gm. So glad we have Pegula.
                            Settling for 7-9 forever, are you?

Comment

Working...
                            X