X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Sal Capaccio wants you to Know

That Doug Whaley DID NOT draft EJ Manuel... Sal just said on WGR he knows for a fact that Buddy Nix desperately wanted a QB going into the 2013 draft and it was Buddy Nix decision to draft EJ Manuel... What a wonderful way to go out on retirement with that dubious decision
    Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 08-11-2016, 01:13 PM.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Sal Capaccio wants you to Know

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    That Doug Whaley DID NOT draft EJ Manuel... Sal just said on WGR he knows for a fact that Buddy Nix desperately wanted a QB going into the 2013 draft and it was Buddy Nix decision to draft EJ Manuel... What a wonderful way to go out on retirement with that dubious decision
    Elder abuse. I get it all the time. Mostly here.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

sounds like a Russ Brandon spin job to me.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Doesn't make a difference? They needed a quarterback and nobody drafted that year turned out to be worth anything.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          Doesn't make a difference?
          Taking a flyer on Matt Barkley in the 3rd round compared to completely whiffing on EJ with the 16th pick makes a difference.. And since I'm playing this hindsight game the bills wouldn't have been any worse off taking Barkley instead of Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd round
          Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 08-11-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Business Practices 101 - Blame the guy who is no longer there.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

That's old news.

It was reported back then that was Buddys gift out the door from Ralph. Selecting a QB who is a bust.

Whatever. At least they found Taylor, drafted Jones and will draft another QB next year. At least they had the sense to start the right QB last year and move on.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

Doesn't make a difference? They needed a quarterback and nobody drafted that year turned out to be worth anything.
                So you force a 1st round pick in one of the worst QB drafts ever? They could have went BPA, then drafted Carr or Bridgewater the following year and been so much farther ahead, right now. How many other years have they needed a QB? 75% of the teams existence? How many other times have they force a QB pick in the first round (when there wasn't a guy worthy)? JP. Everyone that had anything to do with that pick should have been fired.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

It matters when the only improvements they made over last year's 8-8 team were rookies who are dropping like flies due to injuries and Russ Brandon still needs to sell tickets.

"No, the guy who wasted the 16th overall on a useless QB retired. We have the guy responsible for the good picks "

I don't know- I wasn't there. Maybe it's the truth. But I truly believe that this is what they would tell the media regardless of the actual truth.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

The best thing about the EJ pick was that it wasn't a killer for us. We traded back from the Austin pick and got Kiko and EJ with that deal. Kiko turned into McCoy. So we still got Production from that #9 pick. It was a pretty safe move.

The JP Losman pick was a back breaker and derailed this team for the better half of a decade. EJ cost us a few games.
                    Last edited by The King; 08-11-2016, 02:11 PM.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

EJ will be gone at first opportunity, we need an elder statesman to play QB just in case.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        The best thing about the EJ pick was that it wasn't a killer for us. We traded back from the Austin pick and got Kiko and EJ with that deal. Kiko turned into McCoy. So we still got Production from that #9 pick. It was a pretty safe move.

The JP Losman pick was a back breaker and derailed this team for the better half of a decade. EJ cost us a few games.
                        Waiting for that new cartoon...

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

this debate is so boring. it does seem largely on buddy since he didn't know he was being recorded. that forced our hand to can fitz and look for someone fresh. but whaley was on the record saying its his pick and that he should be judgd by EJ's success or lack thereof. ej is pretty spectacularly bad. that jags game should not have played out like that. he singlehandedly threw a game away. but as long as the entire front office never pays the price for 16 crappy years, there is reason to believe that there will be another 16 terrible years ahead.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Dumb.

Nix went on record saying that he wanted to get the QB of the future in here before his time was up. He drafted for need instead of talent, which is always a danger. Picked the wrong year to press the issue. But at least we traded down and got some value in the end. We also didn't waste very much time with EJ...just one year, really.

People with one brain cell take a wild stab a Russ Brandon when they need a scapegoat. He had nothing to do with it.

Part of anyone's job is to talk up the personnel the team actually DOES have in public. So if Whaley talked up EJ, then that explains it.
                            Last edited by feldspar; 08-11-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

russ never has anything to do with it. he just happens to be the only guy who's been there the entire 16 years of mediocrity. Thanks, Feld.

Comment

Working...
                              X