PDA

View Full Version : Joe B and his current 53 man project

Night Train
08-11-2016, 02:50 PM
A nice guide to work with, going into the 4 practice games. He's been at camp every day.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-bills-53-man-roster-projection-81116

stuckincincy
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
A nice guide to work with, going into the 4 practice games. He's been at camp every day.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-bills-53-man-roster-projection-81116

Thanks - good read.

Scumbag College
08-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Pretty good assessment and I could see things shaping up that way. My two cents:

1. Keep four tailbacks on the active roster. If McCoy goes down for any length of time, it's Bush going into his eleventh year who had 10 touches or so last year, and Gillislee.
2. The Duke Williams reign of terror in Buffalo will be over.

YardRat
08-11-2016, 03:36 PM
--I think they keep 4 RB's also, with draft pick Williams making the team.
--Please, for the love of the football gods, just part ways with Goodwin already. He;s going to be replaced by Little, Powell or Hankerson eventually anyway when he gets hurt again.
--IMO Zimmer makes the final 53.
--I don't think they'll keep five inside 'backers. Johnson or Hawthorne will be cut.
--Butler will get one more season at CB, wouldn't be surprised if they kept seven.
--Four safeties, Anderson gets cut.
--If they go with 3 QB's, gonna have to sacrifice the two kicker philosophy.

swiper
08-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Where did this Blake Annin come from?

Mace
08-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Where did this Blake Annin come from?

Multiple practice squads since 2014 (udfa from Cinci). Not saying that as a pro or a con. If he makes the roster on Roman's offense it's on merit.

Mace
08-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Probably still too early, but I don't have many gripes with it.

I can take or leave :
-wr's Salas, Hankerson, Little, Boykin, Powell, Easley....I probably lean more favorable toward Powell from what I've read, but they're mostly JAGs.
- rush lb, well I'm no fan of Enempkpali as opposed to any whoever, but Rex likes him so whatever. I'd rather they keep Lorenzo Alexander.
- inside lb, Hawthorne & Randall Johnson are JAGs, got to have JAGs somewhere I guess, I'd watch for lb cuts.
- fb, I'd prefer they keep Gronkowski. I just see no use for Felton. Gronkowski can at least theoretically h-back and catch, and is younger which means he has upside. No, it's not because he's a "Gronkowski". Thing is though, unless he starts showing a crap, he's not showing a crap so I can't say it will break my heart any.

- agree with Yardrat about not keeping 5 ilb's, and good chance Zimmer makes the roster.

Good read from Buscaglia though like near always.