PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Williams going through concussion protocol

BillsFanCupp38
08-11-2016, 05:57 PM
It doesn't look good. Can't say I'm surprised though. This guy has never been healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Per nfl.com

Mace
08-11-2016, 06:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000683776/article/injuries-concussion-scare-for-aaron-williams

Some Buffalo players dropped to a knee to pray for their teammate, according to reporters on the field.

Hope he's ok. Hope he doesn't push his luck. I just don't see him lasting.

feldspar
08-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Good Lord.

Aaron Williams was already skittish because of what happened with his neck last year. Even if he recovers from this physically, this will not help him play with confidence. That's his biggest obstacle.

Sucks.

On the other hand, this might help him to realize that his neck is fine. Can't tell.

Topas
08-12-2016, 05:16 AM
I dont think his confidence is his biggest obstacle. His neck is his biggest.
If the whole team goes down on a knee when you tackle somebody, that is not a good sign.
Aaron, please hang up your cleats. And I am saying that as a Bills fan who thinks that we are already paper-thin at Safety anyway.

coastal
08-12-2016, 05:34 AM
health is everything... and still they play.

Turf
08-12-2016, 06:03 AM
When he hurt is neck originally he never even got hit. If he's this susceptible its pretty obvious its over for him. We've got to stop banking on injury prone players.

Dr. Lecter
08-12-2016, 06:06 AM
When he hurt is neck originally he never even got hit. If he's this susceptible its pretty obvious its over for him. We've got to stop banking on injury prone players.
When he originally got hurt, he did hit the turf with his head and that jammed his neck

Yesterday was just a hard collision between two guys on the field. It happens. He has a concussion.

Let's wait before we over react

trapezeus
08-12-2016, 07:31 AM
I liked aaron Williams as a player, and the profiles online about who he is as a person off the field makes him out to seem like a good guy. I wish this didn't look like the winding down of a career, but we've seen similar stories over the years with players around the nfl. they are good, they have an injury or two and then it keeps compounding. I don't think we can really expect to count on him for more than maybe half the season. safety is going to be a need next year.

OpIv37
08-12-2016, 08:19 AM
You know, I've commented before that the team isn't going to improve unless they practice. With the number of guys getting hurt, maybe I was wrong about that. Maybe we should just wrap them in bubble wrap until Sept 11 and go in cold but healthy.

Skooby
08-12-2016, 08:20 AM
You know, I've commented before that the team isn't going to improve unless they practice. With the number of guys getting hurt, maybe I was wrong about that. Maybe we should just wrap them in bubble wrap until Sept 11 and go in cold but healthy.

Bubble wrap suffocates, we need more cowbell.

Turf
08-12-2016, 08:29 AM
I think they should back off on the crazy amount of weight lifting myself, in all seriousness, and work on stretching, speed, and endurance more.

OpIv37
08-12-2016, 08:30 AM
I've trained with fighters, and for them, it's always a difficult balance of training hard enough to be in shape and prepared for their opponent without training so hard that they get injured.

Most sports are similar. What I don't understand is that camp doesn't seem that strenuous compared to what it used to be before it was limited by the CBA and compared to what these guys go through during games, but guys are still dropping left and right.

Turf
08-12-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm spent a small amount of time trying to find the daily lifting regime these guys go through. Linemen for instance may lift heavy three times a day starting in the wee hours until night, with football in between, eat over 6000 calories a day, its crazy. Now if you're entering a bodybuilding contest you may get away with it. But combining with the gruel of football, it's no wonder the knees are going left and right.
Lawson ripped his pec muscle lifting before camp, to get bigger. I'd rather have him functional.

OpIv37
08-12-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm spent a small amount of time trying to find the daily lifting regime these guys go through. Linemen for instance may lift heavy three times a day starting in the wee hours until night, with football in between, eat over 6000 calories a day, its crazy. Now if you're entering a bodybuilding contest you may get away with it. But combining with the gruel of football, it's no wonder the knees are going left and right.
Lawson ripped his pec muscle lifting before camp, to get bigger. I'd rather have him functional.

Did you find anything on their stretching routine? People tend to gloss over the importance of it, especially younger people. And it's boring as ****. But it makes a huge difference in preventing injury.

Night Train
08-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Let's wait before we over react

Oh please. Look at the crowd you're talking to.

All battling for a Tony award for best performance by a featured actress in a play.

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1423944687i/13692076._SX540_.jpg

stuckincincy
08-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Good post. The latest casualty is DT Andrew Billings, drafted in the 4th.

Story about his prowess as a power lifter:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/7/24/12261018/andrew-billings-receiving-high-praise-ahead-of-training-camp

Story about his training camp knee injury:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/10/12429304/andrew-billings-carted-out-of-bengals-practice-with-leg-injury