PDA

View Full Version : Our Back Up Guards -- Fernando Velasco, Ryan Groy, Cyril R. & Rookie Jamison Lalk

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2016, 02:39 AM
If "starters" Richie Incognito or John Miller get injured, we are definitely staring at a 5-11 season.

That depth is razor thin.

DraftBoy
08-12-2016, 05:11 AM
I don't know, Velasco isn't bad depth.

He's a guy who has started 38 times in his career and can play three positions. Richardson we need to see if he can take another step in his development.

You may have two decent to competent depth guys at OG in them.

Topas
08-12-2016, 05:17 AM
I think the back-ups are adequate. The problem is that the starters are not adequate for the right side of the line.

Ginger Vitis
08-12-2016, 05:22 AM
Another awful thread from Spiked... If the Bills go 5-11 the biggest reason for that wont be because a guard got hurt and Fernando Velasco had to play..

Dr. Lecter
08-12-2016, 06:16 AM
I don't think many NFL teams actually have good Oline depth.

And, like DB said, Velasco is pretty much what Oline depth is around the NHL

trapezeus
08-12-2016, 07:21 AM
velasco plays in the NHL? now that's some versatility.

EDS
08-12-2016, 07:32 AM

You are totally wrong on this. No NHL depth charts look anything like the Bills Oline depth!

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Unfortunately, the Bills play in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2016, 04:21 AM
I think Cordy Glenn could be missing for game 1, we have no talent at RT, and Miller is still a question mark.

The positive is that we have one of the best oline coaches in the game so I suspect he'll do the best he can with what he has.

trapezeus
08-16-2016, 04:35 AM
Spiked went from pessimist to person with CET. His posts the last 2 months have earned him the ignore status mostly because of the bizarre and constant YouTube postings

bills ks aren't going to be good this year, but I'm not going to enjoy that fact while I'm pretty sure spiked will

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2016, 05:21 AM
Spiked went from pessimist to person with CET. His posts the last 2 months have earned him the ignore status mostly because of the bizarre and constant YouTube postings

bills ks aren't going to be good this year, but I'm not going to enjoy that fact while I'm pretty sure spiked will

bullcrap

Mahdi
08-16-2016, 07:17 AM
I agree with the OP, our OL depth is not good.

That being said, it is very rare to find a team with good OL depth in the entire league.

Just looking at the Broncos and Patriots backups they aren't much better than what we have.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2016, 08:10 AM
I agree with the OP, our OL depth is not good.

That being said, it is very rare to find a team with good OL depth in the entire league.

Just looking at the Broncos and Patriots backups they aren't much better than what we have.

Dallas Cowboys

Bill Cody
08-16-2016, 08:47 AM
I think our OL depth is excellent...as long as they never have to play

Mahdi
08-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Dallas Cowboys

Rare...as I said.

Plus, outside of Ronald Leary there's not much there.

Velasco, Henderson, Kouandjio are comparable to a lot of teams.

2 of those guys have a lot of starts and the other is a young 2nd round pick who could yet develop into something solid.

SpikedLemonade
08-18-2016, 02:25 AM
I think our OL depth is excellent...as long as they never have to play

Yup.