PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the Bills these days?

X-Era
08-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Are you pleased with the Bills? Pissed? Indifferent? Cautiously optimistic?

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Great RB
Great young WR
Good TE
Good but not great OL
Great DT
Good DL
Great CB's
Good S's
Best QB since Bledsoe and now locked up long term
Resigning our own players
Drafting well
Not afraid to make moves
Good free agent classes

I'm more positive on the Bills than I have been in a very long time. Still not sold on Rex being the guy.

What say you?

Ginger Vitis
08-13-2016, 06:11 AM
I don't think the Safetys are good..I don't think the DT is great... Good TE is a bit of a stretch.. Drafting well is a bit of a stretch

HHURRICANE
08-13-2016, 06:13 AM
I think the injuries are a lot to overcome. Not having your top two picks from the draft not on the field this year added with both of your starting tackles out is not a positive.

justasportsfan
08-13-2016, 06:42 AM
I am more optimistic about the O than the D as long as Tyrod doesnt get injured.

coastal
08-13-2016, 07:10 AM

YardRat
08-13-2016, 11:18 AM

I'm still pissed we hired a buffoon hauling around his circus buddies instead of a head coach, but I'm hoping I can get over and just laugh about it.
As far as the roster and couple of other aspects mentioned...

Great RB
Great young WR
Good TE
Good but not great OL

None of the above can stay healthy, and there is **** for depth behind them.

Great DT
Good DL

Dareus is really good, maybe great, but KW is long in the tooth and there is nobody else of note unless a couple of rookies or depth guys really step up. The best DLine in the entire league was essentially ruined before the ink was dry on Wrecks' contract.

Great CB's
Good S's

The cornerbacks should be the best unit on the team. Safety is a hot mess...Graham is playing out of position, AW hurt again, still waiting for Duke or Meeks to step up...Blanton may end up being a pleasant surprise out of necessity.

That isn't saying much, although I'm sincerely hoping Taylor can stay healthy and improve on last season...the former, not too positive, the latter I think he will.

Drafting well

Not afraid to make moves
Good free agent classes

I like that we keep some guys, even if Hughes' money is wasted with this defense. The drafts are still TBD...are the players we've drafted really good, or just 'good' based on our lower level of expectation? Don't mind Whaley's aggressiveness, but it's going to have to start paying off with the playoffs or else admit his moves just didn't work. Hate...no, outright ****ing hate...free agency the last two seasons, except for Incognito.

OpIv37
08-13-2016, 11:20 AM
I just don't see it.

Somehow, the D needs to improve, and the only talent we added were rookies, two of whom are already injured. I understand why we couldn't keep Mario, but with him gone, Shaq Lawson injured, Manny Lawson injured, Ragland injured- the D we field week 1 isn't even as talented as the D we fielded last year.

They managed to keep the O together but didn't add any talent. I'm not thrilled about WR after Watkins. The OL has no depth.

I have zero confidence in Rex.

It really isn't rocket science: We won 8 games last year. We will need to win 10-11 wins to get a WC. What did this team do to improve enough to win 2-3 more games? I don't see that much improvement.

TacklingDummy
08-13-2016, 05:30 PM
The past 16+ years has dragged me down. I care less and less about football. Eventually I think I won't care at all and I will be done with watching sports.

Nothing the Bills have done the past year has made my desire to watch them go up. I will watch but I just don't care anymore.

Mace
08-13-2016, 07:58 PM

Great RB
Great young WR
Good TE
Good but not great OL
Great DT
Good DL
Great CB's
Good S's
Drafting well
Not afraid to make moves
Good free agent classes

I'm more positive on the Bills than I have been in a very long time. Still not sold on Rex being the guy.

What say you?

Middlin'. They can go either way.

- I liked the vet minimum signings, bang for the buck and clever.

I don't see all your greats or goods. I see a bunch of brittle young guys still trying to work into systems, offense more likely than defensive guru defense to succeed if the QB stays healthy.

- Happy enough Ryan gave his defense its best chance to succeed by doubling down on Ryanish. Will it work ? Doubt it, think his defense is solved, but open to being wrong.

- Resigning Hughes and Incognito was very good, Taylor, sure for now.

- Drafting well ? Not sure where you get this.

They're either on the edge of solid ok, or rebuild again, imho, the middle of those being middlin' which I think most likely.

I'm still excited about the season. Love Bills football.

mightysimi
08-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Drafting well ? Not sure where you get this.

2 of the last 3 Defensive player of the year runner up (you could argue that they both should/could have won) both drafted in the second round. Without any of the other draft picks, that is excellent for a team. Also getting Karlos Williams I think in the 5th, although him being a fatty might have been a character flag but either way a ton of production out of him. Cordy glenn is usually in the to 10 in most metrics for LT. I mean, no team hits on them all but that is better than lots of teams. Without putting a ton of work in, over the last few 3-4 drafts I feel we are at least top 10-12 in the league.

Mace
08-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Darby and Preston Brown are the only reliable starters drafted to date in 3 years, 2 of 3 this year are out of play. How many other 16 game starters are you seeing that say they're drafting well ? Richardson/Koundjio/Henderson/Miller to work out the line ?

Why do you think they're among the best in the past 3 drafts ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2013&year_max=2016&type=&draft_round_min=1&draft_round_max=30&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&league_id=&team_id=buf&pos=qb&pos=rb&pos=wr&pos=te&pos=e&pos=t&pos=g&pos=c&pos=ol&pos=dt&pos=de&pos=dl&pos=ilb&pos=olb&pos=lb&pos=cb&pos=s&pos=db&pos=k&pos=p&college_id=all&conference_id=any&show=all&order_by=default

Crisis
08-13-2016, 10:00 PM
The past 16+ years has dragged me down. I care less and less about football. Eventually I think I won't care at all and I will be done with watching sports.

Nothing the Bills have done the past year has made my desire to watch them go up. I will watch but I just don't care anymore.

I'm getting to this point.

I'm way more excited about the Sabres these days, rooting for the Bills has worn me down. Fantasy football keeps me going though.

mightysimi
08-13-2016, 10:06 PM
One of them turned into a pretty good rb as well. I'm just saying we have gotten elite level play from rookies which is better then many teams and I would call Watkins a pretty good pick too, regardless if he has missed 3 games. I suppose if 12th best is amung the best is open to interpretation though lol. I feel we have drafted some young, talented, core players over the last several years and we are in good shape moving forward.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Bills stink

stuckincincy
08-13-2016, 11:59 PM

What say you?

As is the case for many a year - I'm in a state of comfortable catalepsy. Nothing they do surprises me.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2016, 03:30 AM

I'm somewhere near where you are, TD. I'm not nearly as passionate about the Bills as I was when I first joined the Zone. And I don't think it is my advanced age, as I am still an avid sports fan - but the Bills' crushing mediocrity year after year has really dulled my enthusiasm for them. I am still paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket, however, but it may be more about my morbid curiosity to see how many times they can fail, in how many different ways.

swiper
08-14-2016, 03:39 AM

Great RB
Great young WR
Good TE
Good but not great OL
Great DT
Good DL
Great CB's
Good S's
Drafting well
Not afraid to make moves
Good free agent classes

What say you?

Are you on drugs? This is the most un-inspiring team in 40 years.

Coach sucks.
GM sucks.
Owner is flailing.
QBs are awful.
Rookies are hurt.
WRs are a bunch of nobodies.
OLine is a mess
Expensive TE is always hurt.
McCoy is ok. Let's see him stay on the field.
Preston Brown looked brilliant under Schwarts, looked awful under Ryan.
Hughes went from 10 sack years (2013, 2014) to 5 last year.
Lots of injuries.
Rob Ryan is a fat buffoon.
And Russ Brandon is still around. And the owner likes him!

All perpetuated by the stupid fans that keep buying season tickets for this crap circus.

swiper
08-14-2016, 03:50 AM
I'm somewhere near where you are, TD. I'm not nearly as passionate about the Bills as I was when I first joined the Zone. And I don't think it is my advanced age, as I am still an avid sports fan - but the Bills' crushing mediocrity year after year has really dulled my enthusiasm for them. I am still paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket, however, but it may be more about my morbid curiosity to see how many times they can fail, in how many different ways.

It's the make-up of this team that has made you come to feel this way. It's doing it to all of us. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting while the new owner figures it out.

sahlensguy
08-14-2016, 04:05 AM
I want to see good plays. Cardale delivered. I'm happy. :D

sudzy
08-14-2016, 04:45 AM
You have a small, running QB behind an OL with no depth. Your star WR can't stay on the field. Your top two draft choices are out for most of the year (if not all of it). Three of you top four OLB are down two week into camp. I have a feeling, it's going to be a long year.

sahlensguy
08-14-2016, 05:14 AM
You have a small, running QB behind an OL with no depth. Your star WR can't stay on the field. Your top two draft choices are out for most of the year (if not all of it). Three of you top four OLB are down two week into camp. I have a feeling, it's going to be a long year.

Long years are nothing new, right?

sudzy
08-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Long years are nothing new, right?

It's been a long 16 years.

sahlensguy
08-14-2016, 05:30 AM
It's been a long 16 years.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. :D

justasportsfan
08-14-2016, 05:39 AM
I cant get myself to go to camp which is 10 minutes away.

I heard turn out in camp is the least its ever been in years

TacklingDummy
08-14-2016, 06:13 AM
I'm getting to this point.

I'm way more excited about the Sabres these days, rooting for the Bills has worn me down. Fantasy football keeps me going though.
Before the strike and losing Empire Network was the last time I watched hockey. Sure I see clips of it on ESPN but I bet you I couldn't name 10 players in the league.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2016, 06:23 AM
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. :D

It's not just the current 16 year stretch, many of us were fans before the Kelly Era, that was another horrible time.
Then during the Kelly Era we are known for Wide Right, losing a helmet, 4 Super Bowl loses in a row, and now it's the 16 year stretch with very little hope in the forcible future.

It sucks.

On top of that, the last 2 people I seen in my city wearing Bills stuff looked like white trash.

YardRat
08-14-2016, 06:28 AM
On top of that, the last 2 people I seen in my city wearing Bills stuff looked like white trash.

You could have at least said 'Hi' to me and Mace...****er.

sahlensguy
08-14-2016, 06:36 AM
It's not just the current 16 year stretch, many of us were fans before the Kelly Era, that was another horrible time.
Then during the Kelly Era we are known for Wide Right, losing a helmet, 4 Super Bowl loses in a row, and now it's the 16 year stretch with very little hope in the forcible future.

It sucks.

Sorry about that. I moved away a long time ago and while I love returning once in a while, for the food, people, architecture, and natural beauty, it does make me sad for the lack of enthusiasm for the team. What once was will not be again and what will be, well who knows, but I'm not dead and will try to enjoy the little nuggets of what is given.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Sub .500 last place in the AFC east team.

A lot of that is due to the coaching and how undisciplined this team is.

Put a different coach in charge and they're a borderline playoff team. That includes 3 of their last 4 coaches not named Gailey.

Historian
08-14-2016, 12:43 PM
The starters looked good last night, and were beating most of the Colts starters, minus thew QB.

Depth is a problem.

11 penalties.

Same assjacks in the front office.

Same old same old.

7-9

swiper
08-14-2016, 02:03 PM
The starters looked good last night, and were beating most of the Colts starters, minus thew QB.

Depth is a problem.

11 penalties.

Same assjacks in the front office.

Same old same old.

7-9

So are you looking forward to the season?

jlgarsh
08-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Are you on drugs? This is the most un-inspiring team in 40 years.

Coach sucks.
GM sucks.
Owner is flailing.
QBs are awful.
Rookies are hurt.
WRs are a bunch of nobodies.
OLine is a mess
Expensive TE is always hurt.
McCoy is ok. Let's see him stay on the field.
Preston Brown looked brilliant under Schwarts, looked awful under Ryan.
Hughes went from 10 sack years (2013, 2014) to 5 last year.
Lots of injuries.
Rob Ryan is a fat buffoon.
And Russ Brandon is still around. And the owner likes him!

All perpetuated by the stupid fans that keep buying season tickets for this crap circus.

I didn't renew my tickets, and told them I wasn't going to in February (mostly due to keeping Rex, who is a clown). They told me they'd sell fast, and that I was making a mistake due to a huge waiting list, but I was still getting calls to renew until last week...I just feel no enthusiasm this year, for the first time in my life :(

jlgarsh
08-14-2016, 03:04 PM
I cant get myself to go to camp which is 10 minutes away.

I heard turn out in camp is the least its ever been in years

This. I'm in Fairport, and don't even feel like going to Fisher...

Historian
08-14-2016, 03:55 PM
So are you looking forward to the season?

I'm looking forward to spending quality time with friends.

Beyond that, anything else is a bonus, IMO.

swiper
08-14-2016, 04:21 PM

Great answer!

TacklingDummy
08-14-2016, 04:52 PM

I'm looking forward to see what Bills fans can do to outclass themselves this year.

Last year we had the parking lot sex, the guy on fire, and the drunk slamming his head into the truck.

stuckincincy
08-14-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm looking forward to see what Bills fans can do to outclass themselves this year.

Last year we had the parking lot sex, the guy on fire, and the drunk slamming his head into the truck.

Nobody fell into a ditch and drowned. Nobody dropped from the stands and injured innocents. Nobody threw rocks at the visiting team's bus. Nobody shinnied across the FG net cable. Nobody mugged a placekicker.

It's all fluffy goodness so far.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Nobody fell into a ditch and drowned. Nobody fell from the stands. Nobody threw rocks at the visiting team's bus. Nobody shinnied across the FG net cable. Nobody mugged a placekicker.

It's all fluffy goodness so far.

Is there video of this FG thing?

stuckincincy
08-14-2016, 06:07 PM

Dunno. I'm pretty sure it was after I left the WNY area - 1978.

The kicker who got the City of Good Neighbors treatment was Booth Lustig:

..."October 16: After the loss, a disconsolate Lusteg walks home from the stadium, only to be attacked on Buffalo’s Delaware Avenue by three men. “They pulled over to the curb and started yelling, ‘You bum’ and cursing me,” Booth said. “One hit me and the other ripped my shirt. It was still broad daylight and people were around, so they jumped back in their car and drove away.”...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/archive/index.php/t-82451.html

Here is Booth's bio. It's short, but a pretty good read: :chuckle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booth_Lusteg

bleve
08-14-2016, 06:56 PM
As long as the Pegula's are naive enough to let the likes of Brandon et al recommend a tool like Rex Ryan, then I cannot, I will not, not on a boat, not with a goat, get excited about the upcoming season.

I've got my Bingo cards, and my friends. A couple of hours on Sunday afternoons for a couple of months having a few laughs and a few beers.

Mace
08-14-2016, 07:06 PM

I had friends once.

I still love football fiercely. When I was a kid I loved following everything, auto racing, whatever olympics, hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer, bowling, golf, tennis, boxing...over the years my attention to most faded away. I still have flickers of interest in baseball & hockey, but my love of football still stays strong.

Whatever happens, I'll be enjoying as much of it as I can, even when I don't.

stuckincincy
08-14-2016, 08:30 PM
I had friends once.

I still love football fiercely. When I was a kid I loved following everything, auto racing, whatever olympics, hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer, bowling, golf, tennis, boxing...over the years my attention to most faded away. I still have flickers of interest in baseball & hockey, but my love of football still stays strong.

Whatever happens, I'll be enjoying as much of it as I can, even when I don't.

I am your friend. We merely have syntax disagreements.

SpikedLemonade
08-14-2016, 09:58 PM
5-11

Jan Reimers
08-15-2016, 07:43 AM
It's the make-up of this team that has made you come to feel this way. It's doing it to all of us. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting while the new owner figures it out.
At my age, I may not even have ten more years. I never thought after the 1999 season, when we lost the Music City Forward Lateral, that we would go the first 16 years of the new millennium without a playoff game. Or that I might go the rest of my life without seeing us in the playoffs again. It's really depressing.

sahlensguy
08-15-2016, 08:19 AM
At my age, I may not even have ten more years. I never thought after the 1999 season, when we lost the Music City Forward Lateral, that we would go the first 16 years of the new millennium without a playoff game. Or that I might go the rest of my life without seeing us in the playoffs again. It's really depressing.

Really?

justasportsfan
08-15-2016, 08:24 AM
This. I'm in Fairport, and don't even feel like going to Fisher...

I too live in Fairport ,drive by Fisher and can see the field everyday to work from the 590. Even on workdays, unlike other years, stands look empty.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Going to watch the games.

I expect nothing positive.

Historian
08-18-2016, 09:21 AM

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14054944_10209780918896807_4188847338092633245_n.jpg?oh=ca24a813389c0c2bff75d0489d45da91&oe=585B8523

coastal
08-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Tank baby tank

Mace
08-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Tank baby tank

You're overly confident they could do that sufficiently.

gebobs
08-19-2016, 04:06 AM
It's a New Era dumpster fire.

SpikedLemonade
08-19-2016, 05:18 AM
Tank baby tank

Should they bring in the Renaissance RainmanTM ==> Tim Murray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0DczbPznY

WagonCircler
08-19-2016, 06:16 AM
This is the least likable team and management staff the organization has ever had.

I'm rooting for a total collapse, so Pegula cleans house.

gebobs
08-19-2016, 08:30 AM
This is the least likable team and management staff the organization has ever had.

Least likable? Come on! There's Dareus and Sammy and Karlos and Shady and EJ and Rex and Rob and Doug...wait, I'm beginning to see your point. Just need the Sabres to unload Kane on them.

feldspar
08-19-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm excited to see how things play out exactly, terrible turns of events in the offseason and all.

sdbillsfan2
08-19-2016, 10:56 AM
If and when this teams offical sinks this seasion I hope they go fast and painlessly taking the vast majority of OBD with them. Rex Ryan has become the #1 reason for me to dislike this team . After being a loyal fan since 61.....Ive given up hope . Maybe when Ryan and Whaley are gone it will change. Until then my Bils flag will hang upside down in distress in protest.

X-Era
08-19-2016, 11:00 AM
No. 4 and 13. I don't think we lose in the Bye week too.

DesertFox24
08-19-2016, 11:23 AM
I am not a fan of Rex and this BS with suspensions I think will cost us 2 games.

bleve
08-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Even though they're not on the schedule, I think they find a way to lose to KC again.

Night Train
08-19-2016, 07:15 PM
​Splendid !

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2016, 07:17 PM
The Buffalo Bills are a joke. Hope they're good this year and remove the joke stigma. I don't know how many more ****ty seasons Bills fans can endure.

sahlensguy
08-19-2016, 08:05 PM
17 years in and we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

The Jokeman
08-19-2016, 08:32 PM
17 years in and we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

One could argue that's part of the problem as we might have to hit rock bottom to get an impact draft pick. Yet I an optimistic that this season might be better. Dareus' suspension lessened it a bit though.

Mace
08-19-2016, 08:55 PM
One could argue that's part of the problem as we might have to hit rock bottom to get an impact draft pick. Yet I an optimistic that this season might be better. Dareus' suspension lessened it a bit though.

One can also argue they'd blow the "impact" pick or head down the Edmonton Oilers path of perpetual draft position without improvement. Looking over the past drafts to 2010, picks 1-15 in round 1, well, you're better off drafting in crappy positions and having a tuned program ala NE, Seattle, etc.

sahlensguy
08-19-2016, 09:23 PM

If this year is going to be rock bottom, let's hope we bounce right back up.

feldspar
08-20-2016, 12:50 AM
If this year is going to be rock bottom, let's hope we bounce right back up.

The Bills aren't even close to hitting rock bottom this year.

notacon
08-21-2016, 09:27 AM

Take your "16+ years" of getting dragged down and multiply it by 3 in my case.

I've been a Bills fan since 1963...53 years. When I was 8 years old in '63 the AFL was new and fresh and the Bills had a solid team winning AFL championships in 1964 and 1965.

It's been mostly downhill from there.

Sure, we had some good years in the early 90's. But four SB loses is just too much to accept. 17 years of not getting in the playoffs is even worse to bear. I find it harder and harder to have any investment in this franchise. It's like having a child wrecked by drugs or alcohol.

They go into rehab with the promise of coming out a new person, but, inevitably, they fail. Back into the bottle or prescription. It just gets to the point that you really can't give a ****.

Yes, I'll watch every game. Yes, I'll get excited when they show some promise. And, yes, I'll be disappointed when they are shut out of the playoffs once again.

I've been asked on the politics folder on why I don't post here very often.

This is why.

There was always some glimmer of hope that I would see my beloved Bills win a Super Bowl before I die. That prospect is looking dimmer and dimmer as the years tumble on.

swiper
08-21-2016, 09:53 AM
I vote to wait to hit rock bottom until they are able to hire a competent GM. Not until then.

YardRat
08-21-2016, 09:55 AM
This is the best offensive roster, from a skill set standpoint, that Wrecks has probable ever had in his entire tenure in the NFL. Too bad the genius is completely ****ing over the side of the ball that is allegedly his wheelhouse.

swiper
08-21-2016, 09:57 AM

Nothing or no one to root for IMO. Worst ever. There was always a Fred Jackson, Joe Cribbs, Jerry Butler, someone to pull for. There is nothing here. Nothing. Team has hit rock bottom. Just like the what Pegula did to the Sabres. Made Darcy get Ville Leino then crapped the bed for three years.

The only difference here, IMO, is the Bills have no one like Tim Murray on board to rebuild it.

Everybody still loves the new owner, but he's more in the dark than Wilson ever was.

WagonCircler
08-21-2016, 10:51 AM
The Bills aren't even close to hitting rock bottom this year.

And that's exactly the problem.

This team should be renamed the Buffalo Groundhogs.

Every year it's the same thing. Never good enough to sniff a playoff spot, just good enough to miss the true franchise changing impact players in the draft.

So, bring on the smoke and mirrors. "Look fans, it's T.O.!!!" "Look fans, there's a new owner!" "Look fans, we painted the scoreboard and added some new rest rooms!" "Look fans, it's LeSean McCoy!" "Look fans, it's Rex Ryan--the Donald Trump of the NFL! Say something funny, Rex!" "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Face it, this is Brandon ball. There's no point in fielding a playoff team when you can sell $40 MIL sponsorship packages and break season ticket sales records with a group of underachieving morons on the field.

It's all about the party in the parking lot.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

sahlensguy
08-21-2016, 10:59 AM
It's like having a child wrecked by drugs or alcohol.

They go into rehab with the promise of coming out a new person, but, inevitably, they fail. Back into the bottle or prescription. It just gets to the point that you really can't give a ****.

Maybe like a parent you care a little less, but you never stop loving them.

swiper
08-21-2016, 04:24 PM
It's all about the party in the parking lot.

Glad you said it. That's sure what it feels like. There's 80,000 people that want an excuse to party in the parking lot, the hell with the football. Brandon knows it. So they just keep perpetuating the plan. Same as it ever was.

notacon
08-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Maybe like a parent you care a little less, but you never stop loving them.

That's the conundrum. You want to give up on them totally, but, you just can't. You still love them and never will stop loving them. That's what makes the pain so much harder to bear.

I always have been, and aways will be a dedicated Bills fan. That is the burden I will cary though the rest of my life.

sahlensguy
08-21-2016, 05:46 PM
That's the conundrum. You want to give up on them totally, but, you just can't. You still love them and never will stop loving them. That's what makes the pain so much harder to bear.

I always have been, and aways will be a dedicated Bills fan. That is the burden I will cary though the rest of my life.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

WagonCircler
08-21-2016, 09:35 PM
Glad you said it. That's sure what it feels like. There's 80,000 people that want an excuse to party in the parking lot, the hell with the football. Brandon knows it. So they just keep perpetuating the plan. Same as it ever was.

I lived in Chicago for several years. The party atmosphere around Wrigley, although slightly different than tailgating, is essentially the same. It was all about pre-gaming at the Cubby Bear or Upper Deck or Murphy's, then drinking beer in the sun all day. Nobody really cared if the Cubs won. It was all about Wrigleyville and the party.

The Bills are the Cubs of the NFL, except the Cubs are winning now. I don't see that happening for the Bills. Not until Pegula guts the organization and hires the equivalent of Theo Epstein.

sahlensguy
08-21-2016, 11:44 PM
I lived in Chicago for several years. The party atmosphere around Wrigley, although slightly different than tailgating, is essentially the same. It was all about pre-gaming at the Cubby Bear or Upper Deck or Murphy's, then drinking beer in the sun all day. Nobody really cared if the Cubs won. It was all about Wrigleyville and the party.

The Bills are the Cubs of the NFL, except the Cubs are winning now. I don't see that happening for the Bills. Not until Pegula guts the organization and hires the equivalent of Theo Epstein.

Great post Wagon. Needs to be stickied or something.

sahlensguy
08-22-2016, 07:49 AM

Or a Bill Polian of the salary cap era.

Historian
08-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Or a Bill Polian of the salary cap era.

And even when they had the brightest, young GM in the game, they botched that.

They fired him!

Polian should still be here, picking studs.