PDA

View Full Version : Bad and Good From Saturday Night

Night Train
08-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Bad - WR Hankerson, WR Little, IK's play before getting hurt, RB Boom Herron. RB Wilder Jr., OL on the bubble forgetting assignments like when to pull or who to block, DB Moore, DB Butler, dumb penalties by backups trying to make plays.

Good - None of the key guys hurt, RB Jonathan Williams, RB Gillislee, WR Powell, WR Boykin, Run D, QB Pressure at times, QB Jones, S Duke Williams, TE Graggs, CB Seymour, S Blanton, DL Washington

QB Jones is very raw but threw a couple away smartly and had WR's drop a couple. Still, he stands in the pocket strong and delivers the ball fast. Unlike Manuel, he looks comfortable and confident out there without fear. Can see the upside. Crowd cheered loudly for him.

IK stinks. Sorry he got hurt but he doesn't help at all. Find someone else.

WR and RB depth worries are imagined. Powell and Boykin can help a team and Salas & Lewis were resting. McCoy, Gillislee, Jonathan Williams are a good unit of RB's. Could care less about Reggie Bush. Powell is a good returner and can catch balls. They could cut Karlos Williams for throwing away his roster spot.

I saw Duke Williams play fantastic after the media heads questioned if he'd be cut this Sept. He responded well.

Didn't talk much about are starters because we know who they are. WR Woods looks reborn after surgery and healing from his injuries. His routes were perfect .Keep resting the starters and play the backups.

Weather was horrid at times but Schmidt is an incredible Punter to hit those moon shots in that weather.

It was the 1st pre-season game. Reality. Still, some guys cut themselves while others opened some coaches eyes, as expected.

Ginger Vitis
08-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Hankerson dropped 2 balls.. He hurt himself bigtime

YardRat
08-14-2016, 09:25 AM
KuJo played decent on the left side. Duke surprised me, maybe the light bulb is starting to come on. Disappointed with Butler. Randall Johnson was the Hankerson of the LBers last night.

DesertFox24
08-14-2016, 09:57 AM
I thought little was ok. Agree with everything else.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2016, 10:05 AM
EJ also threw the ball well. 3 of his incompletions were from Hankerson drops. A couple of his overthrows looked catchable but the WR seemed to give up on them.

A couple of the play calls, draw play on 3rd down for example, were moronic.

Ingtar33
08-14-2016, 11:14 AM
EJ was EJ; got about what he's given us the last few years.

Jones is raw as all hell, but he has a lot more command of a huddle and pocket presence then EJ has. He's basically EJ (scattershot as all hell) with a quicker head and better feel for the game. Which is amazing since EJ started so many more games in college then Jones did, and has been in the league for 3 years now.

Right now, EJ is a lot more "consistent" of a QB and he'd be my no.2, but he'll be without a team (or a 3rd stringer) soon if Jones keeps improving like this (I saw massive improvement of jones over last year's college football version); did not expect that at all. The Jones I saw in college I thought would never manage to look even that good against 3rd stringers in the NFL. Not saying jones is breathing down his neck but EJ should be hearing the footsteps now.

Mace
08-14-2016, 06:20 PM
I was distracted through portions of the game and couldn't focus on it periodically.

Two things I wondered about that I couldn't pay attention to :
- Adolphus Washington ?
- Robert Blanton ?

stuckincincy
08-14-2016, 06:36 PM
I was distracted through portions of the game and couldn't focus on it periodically.

Two things I wondered about that I couldn't pay attention to :
- Adolphus Washington ?
- Robert Blanton ?

The NFL Gamebook stats shows Washington with one tackle and one assist. Blanton showed 3 solo tackles:

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56843/BUF_Gamebook.pdf