• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

NFL taking a hard line with players now, follow directions or be suspended

The NFL set a drop dead date of August 25th on an issue and if the players don't properly respond, they are suspended indefinitely August 26th and must be re-instated after the NFL decides they have responded enough. Seems to be sole discretion of Roger and the powers that be if you performed well enough or you are suspended. That's a real hard line, I guess they want to show the NFLPA that their little court trick wasn't a good idea. Tough lesson for them, so Brady's loss cost all the players big time.

The obvious headline from the letter sent Monday by the NFL to the NFL Players Association regarding the Al Jazeera investigation is that the league has threatened to suspend Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent…
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-15-2016, 05:42 PM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: NFL taking a hard line with players now, follow directions or be suspended

I'm a little shocked that the NFL decided that they are in charge now and if the players don't like it, you get suspended. A heavy handed approach indeed. It doesn't seem like the league is going to cede their power very easily as well, Roger over and out.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: NFL taking a hard line with players now, follow directions or be suspended

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      I'm a little shocked that the NFL decided that they are in charge now and if the players don't like it, you get suspended. A heavy handed approach indeed. It doesn't seem like the league is going to cede their power very easily as well, Roger over and out.
      Here is the NFL's letter to the NFLPA:

Four players, James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal, are facing a possible suspension if they don't comply with the NFL in regards to the Al Jazeera report.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
      X