PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article that Summarizes the Bills Current Collective Health Status

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2016, 08:04 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/bills-enemkpali-to-miss-regular-season-1.546896

We have Faith Healers rather than competent medical personnel.

OpIv37
08-16-2016, 10:07 AM
What's the problem? We just signed 5 guys off the street, three of whom didn't play last year. It'll be fine.

Forward_Lateral
08-16-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't understand people who blame team trainers/doctors for torn tendons. You can't strengthen a tendon. If it's going to tear, it's going to tear, no matter what you do.

OpIv37
08-16-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't understand people who blame team trainers/doctors for torn tendons. You can't strengthen a tendon. If it's going to tear, it's going to tear, no matter what you do.

Maybe, but when we consistently have this many injuries year after year, it's something other than random chance.

ICRockets
08-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Maybe, but when we consistently have this many injuries year after year, it's something other than random chance.

It's not like we're the only team that deals with injuries though. Do we actually have numbers that support the assertion that the Bills are doing something wrong, or does it just seem that way because we follow the team so much more closely than we do others?

stuckincincy
08-16-2016, 05:00 PM
It's not like we're the only team that deals with injuries though. Do we actually have numbers that support the assertion that the Bills are doing something wrong, or does it just seem that way because we follow the team so much more closely than we do others?

Rain falls on everybody.

BAL was ripped last season. NO's 1st rounder DT Sheldon Rankins broke his fibula. DEN DE Vance Walker tore an ACL.

CIN is a MASH unit - Their 1st and 4th round picks are likely gone for the season. WR LaFell tore a hand ligament today. Their 2015 #1, OT Ogbuehi came up with a serious toe injury. TE Eifert is unlikely to see any action soon - the back-up, last year's #3 pick, is ailing. Burfict has a 4 game suspension.

OpIv37
08-16-2016, 05:12 PM

It seems like we are the only team that consistently has this many injuries, but I don't follow other teams close enough to know for sure. I've been meaning to check to see if anyone's done any actual analysis on it.

Mace
08-16-2016, 06:10 PM
It seems like we are the only team that consistently has this many injuries, but I don't follow other teams close enough to know for sure. I've been meaning to check to see if anyone's done any actual analysis on it.

Well, this isn't an analysis but it might be worth a browse for some general context. http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nfl/all/

Tendons are, well tendons. But you have to wonder about training regimen, practice fields and such because some teams (Atlanta, Carolina, Giants, Raiders, Bucs) seem less impacted (at this point).

I'm always aggravated the Bills don't seem to collect robust players and associate it with scouting & testing pre draft, but I've never had the time to try and prove it by matching up other teams efforts. You really do have to wonder though. Lately we seem overly vulnerable to them.

DraftBoy
08-17-2016, 04:52 AM

We are far from the only team. This is the nature of the NFL.

jamze132
08-17-2016, 05:45 AM
Did anyone else catch the blurb about how Karlos has learned from some of the veterans, such as Dareus, how to handle off-the-field issues? Apparently it involved illegal substance.

SpikedLemonade
08-18-2016, 02:22 AM
Did anyone else catch the blurb about how Karlos has learned from some of the veterans, such as Dareus, how to handle off-the-field issues? Apparently it involved illegal substance.

A lack of leadership at the top of an organization is usually why an organization fails.

GreedoII
08-18-2016, 11:29 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/bills-enemkpali-to-miss-regular-season-1.546896

We have Faith Healers rather than competent medical personnel.

qb/wr/rb healthy....so far

gebobs
08-19-2016, 04:18 AM
The Bills had the 8th most injuries last year with 80.5 adjusted games lost. The Giants had the most with almost 140. Cincinnati only had 28.

The year before, the Bills were below the mean, had the 10th fewest. The Giants again had the most, again almost 140. They had the most in 2013 too.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost