PDA

View Full Version : Marcel Dareus facing 4 game suspension, Manny Lawson one game

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Via Tim Graham

RobRyanFan
08-16-2016, 12:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/688108641560363009/xm2qCbMR_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account‏@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)

Bills DT Marcel Dareus is facing a four-game suspension for another violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, league sources tell ESPN.

Unreal

trapezeus
08-16-2016, 12:02 PM
winning the offseason by a mile!

Zero
08-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Kaboom!

Turf
08-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Un effing real.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2016, 12:08 PM
And Manny Lawson to get one game for domestic abuse

Buffalogic
08-16-2016, 12:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/report-dareus-facing-another-suspension/

TacklingDummy
08-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Sure glad they paid him.

Forward_Lateral
08-16-2016, 12:15 PM
What a freaking moron

The King
08-16-2016, 12:17 PM
For the love of god.

GreedoII
08-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Rex Ryan is an ahole....

Inmates running the asylum...

He looks more stupid than ever with the winning the offseason....such a clown

Forward_Lateral
08-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm starting to really believe that God hates Bills fans. I'm not sure what we collectively have done to piss off the big dude upstairs, but someone needs to send him an I'm Sorry card or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Rex Ryan is an ahole....

How is Rex possibly to blame for this? Seriously. He's a head coach, not a baby sitter of grown ass men.

DraftBoy
08-16-2016, 12:19 PM
That sucks.

cookie G
08-16-2016, 12:24 PM
so synthetic pot apparently creates the same hunger cravings as regular pot.

That explains the balloon-like figure when showing up to camp.

GreedoII
08-16-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm starting to really believe that God hates Bills fans. I'm not sure what we collectively have done to piss off the big dude upstairs, but someone needs to send him an I'm Sorry card or something.

- - - Updated - - -
he looks stupid with his comments he needs to know whats going on..he doesn't...he just lets them be them...as he puts it... idiot

How is Rex possibly to blame for this? Seriously. He's a head coach, not a baby sitter of grown ass men.

Buffalogic
08-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Can still appeal but, yeah. How this is leaked already? There's rules against that until the suspension is formal.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Wait till we lose to the Pats without Brady.

What a joke. BTW this falls on Whaley and not Ryan. These are Whaley's players and Rex can't stop a guy from smoking a joint or smacking a woman.

Mahdi
08-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Nothing Rex or Whaley can do about this stupidity.

There should be conditions set-in to every contract that if you're suspended for off-field actions your contract is effected.

Dareus got 100 mil and then does this.

trapezeus
08-16-2016, 01:03 PM
a poorly run organization will have trouble identifying good people. when they can't find good people at the top, they aren't going to find good people on the roster. this goes back to russ, except for the two people who are still apologizing for him.

sdbillsfan2
08-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Time to fly that Bills flag upside down.. This team is dysfunctional , undisciplined and definitely in distress.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2016, 01:11 PM

There should be conditions set-in to every contract that if you're suspended for off-field actions your contract is effected.

Dareus got 100 mil and then does this.

His contract is definitely affected. He's going to lose 25% of his 2016 salary, which I believe equates to over $3.5MM. If anyone thinks that anything Rex said would have been more effective than the possibility of losing $3.5MM then you live in a tree.

Mahdi
08-16-2016, 01:14 PM
His contract is definitely affected. He's going to lose 25% of his 2016 salary, which I believe equates to over $3.5MM. If anyone thinks that anything Rex said would have been more effective than the possibility of losing $3.5MM then you live in a tree.

There should be more than just losing game cheques that you're not getting while suspended.

There should be a reduction in contract salary and the player should have to pay back bonus money paid to him.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2016, 01:20 PM
There should be more than just losing game cheques that you're not getting while suspended.

There should be a reduction in contract salary and the player should have to pay back bonus money paid to him.

Good luck getting a player to sign that.

DesertFox24
08-16-2016, 01:36 PM
The two def line signings was weird to me now it makes sense.

I also fail to see how this falls on Rex. This is marcel being a selfish idiot who is to dumb to realize this is stupid or he such a jack ass he thought he would not get caught.

sukie
08-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Rex Ryan is an ahole....

To blame Rex Ryan for another's personal choices in life is beyond idiotic.

EDS
08-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Now that it is confirmed he is getting suspended, the natural follow-up question is (how many years left on Dareus' contract?) what is the suspension for a third time offender?

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Now that it is confirmed he is getting suspended, the natural follow-up question is (how many years left on Dareus' contract?) what is the suspension for a third time offender?

He's signed through 2021.

We can cut him this year and only take a cap hit of $47 million.

Mahdi
08-16-2016, 01:49 PM
I will be interested to hear KW comments on this, he usually doesn't hold back and with it being the guy who plays next to him he will be pissed.

Yasgur's Farm
08-16-2016, 01:51 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Marcell-Dareus-given-four-game-NFL-suspension/ae7e45e7-eb2c-46e0-911e-5e43700c8ff8

We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches and the rest of the organization through his recent actions. From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league. As an organization, we will move forward with our preparations for the start of the 2016 NFL season in Baltimore on September 11.Appropriately harsh words IMO.

elroy16
08-16-2016, 02:12 PM
a poorly run organization will have trouble identifying good people. when they can't find good people at the top, they aren't going to find good people on the roster. this goes back to russ, except for the two people who are still apologizing for him.

You are correct. A well run organization would never draft someone and give an extension to someone that would kill a guy.

Oh wait, that's what the patriots did with Hernandez.

Smh, this isn't the Bills fault, it's Marcell's. There's only so much you can do for someone. If they aren't going to take responsibility for their actions, there's really nothing anyone else can do.

He's lucky he's a damn good football player or else he wouldn't have a job. Let's hope, for like the 3rd time, he'll get his act together. At least he's just smoking and not punching women or something. It still takes him away from the game and is selfish, but at least he isn't a total POS.

TacklingDummy
08-16-2016, 02:21 PM
~Dummy right again. Should have never gave this guy $106 million cap hell contract to play DT.

He has not done much the Bills past 23 games. Shows up to camp grossly out of shape, has trouble walking the track.

Suspended twice. Lucky for him its not his 3rd suspension. Probably should have been suspended for the whole reckless driving thing.

Why did the Bills have to draft him. Sure wish they would have taken JJ Watt, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith, instead.

X-Era
08-16-2016, 02:48 PM
The only party I care about is not having him for 4 games. He's stupid. But also our best player. So he will get away with it.

We could trade him for a kings ransom but I'd want a hefty haul in return including a star player.

X-Era
08-16-2016, 02:50 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Marcell-Dareus-given-four-game-NFL-suspension/ae7e45e7-eb2c-46e0-911e-5e43700c8ff8
Appropriately harsh words IMO.
Good for the Bills. They should distance themselves from him until he proves he's ready to grow up. That said, like the Pats (Hernandez), you drafted him and should know what you're getting. That's what the scouts get paid to do.

Bill Cody
08-16-2016, 02:54 PM
This season is going up in smoke

justasportsfan
08-16-2016, 02:57 PM
The Rex circus continues

Historian
08-16-2016, 03:17 PM
At what point is he through in the NFL?

Mr. Pink
08-16-2016, 03:26 PM
That Dareus contract keeps looking better and better.

Ever since paying him he's been totally and utterly useless in all aspects.

Night Train
08-16-2016, 03:27 PM
At what point is he through in the NFL?

When he moves from Alabama to Colorado.

YardRat
08-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Marv Levy survived a four game suspension of Bruce Smith in '88 and an injured Jim Kelly in '89 and '90 and still made the playoffs all three years, including two conference championship games and a Super Bowl. Of course, back then we had a GM that could draft/sign FA's for depth, and a head coach/staff that could actually coach.

Mr. Pink
08-16-2016, 03:30 PM
The only party I care about is not having him for 4 games. He's stupid. But also our best player. So he will get away with it.

We could trade him for a kings ransom but I'd want a hefty haul in return including a star player.

What about Dareus makes you think he has any trade value?

He's done nothing since he got his big contract.

swiper
08-16-2016, 03:49 PM

Oh there certainly is. For both. This statement just further underscores your abject stupidity.

swiper
08-16-2016, 03:53 PM

What Ryan did do was make that stupid statement about winning the off-season. This is the worst off-season in recent memory. Absolutely nothing or no one to get fired up about seeing.

swiper
08-16-2016, 03:59 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-WCFUGCOLLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

justasportsfan
08-16-2016, 04:19 PM

Its not like they are more disciplined on the field. They have inherited his personality. He's a clown

swiper
08-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Rex is the ring leader of all things buffoonery. He needs to go. Whaley needs to go. Brandon needs to go.

Fixxxer
08-16-2016, 04:58 PM
big FU to Marcell.

billsfanryan
08-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Good for the Bills. They should distance themselves from him until he proves he's ready to grow up. That said, like the Pats (Hernandez), you drafted him and should know what you're getting. That's what the scouts get paid to do.

This is 100% on Dareus but I can't blame the dude. He's had a rough life and learning to cope with so many deaths in his family at such a young age cannot be easy. I don't know that the scouts could've known how he would react to more and more deaths piling on. I think that the Bills need to do the exact opposite of what you're saying... They need to support him, find a way to bring him back to form, keep him from slipping further into darkness. He's the best player on the team, he's young, he's earning $100 million, they need to do everything they can to support him.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/09/yet-another-death-bills-dt-marcell-dareus-finds-ways-cope/

Mace
08-16-2016, 05:23 PM
The Bills screwed this up huge. They could have put offset language in which would void his guaranteed money if he's suspended like the Eagles did with Lane Johnson. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/8/9/12415618/lane-johnson-suspension-guaranteed-money-eagles-contract-tackle-philadelphia-details

They didn't. Drug program :

Stage Two involves as many as 10 unannounced drug tests a month. The player also must follow his treatment program.

Any violation or failure to comply can bring a four-game suspension without pay. A second violation or failure to comply in Stage Two can prompt a six-game suspension.

Violations in Stage Three mean banishment, with the ability to apply for reinstatement in a year.

So this was his 1st stage 2 violation. Next is 6 games and into stage 3. He's essentially uncuttable until his salary tops his dead cap in 2019, and no one is going to assume the money and risk now.

But common sense should have made the Bills put in void language. They didn't. https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/765621371447734272

jamze132
08-16-2016, 05:38 PM
If I made millions of dollars to play a game, I don't think I'd be putting anything in my body that's illegal.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I agree that those missed game checks should go to the fans.

stuckincincy
08-16-2016, 05:38 PM
The Bills screwed this up huge. They could have put offset language in which would void his guaranteed money if he's suspended like the Eagles did with Lane Johnson. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/8/9/12415618/lane-johnson-suspension-guaranteed-money-eagles-contract-tackle-philadelphia-details

Offsets seem to be the sticking point between Bosa and the Chargers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-making-sense-of-the-ongoing-case-of-joey-bosa-vs-the-chargers/

Mace
08-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Offsets seem to be the sticking point between Bosa and the Chargers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-making-sense-of-the-ongoing-case-of-joey-bosa-vs-the-chargers/

From my understanding with him though, it moved to the guaranteed money part. He wants his whole 17.5 million year one.

ckg927
08-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Rex is the ring leader of all things buffoonery. He needs to go. Whaley needs to go. Brandon needs to go.

Then tell me who the hell they get to replace all three.

Be specific.

You made the statement. Now back it up.

sahlensguy
08-16-2016, 06:36 PM
I almost feel sorry for Rex.

Mace
08-16-2016, 07:01 PM
I almost feel sorry for Rex.

I might if he'd not have defensive geniused last year's defense into a crap. We might have needed a player or two and not a bunch that are dropping like flies anyway. He can defensive genius whatever he has left and prove himself or just get himself booted again for being the failsauce head coach he really is.

Edit : Oh, they get a substantial fine too for having 2 players to date suspended for substance abuse issues.

Turf
08-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Darius is richer than may CEO's for being a fat ass. He doesn't give a ****. It's obvious. Put on a good face and get the remainder of this years salary. More than any of us will ever know. I don't care about his past. He's a multi millionaire. With the 3.5 million he just pissed away he could have fed and helped the poor. He doesn't GAF. He cares about Darius. **** him. This league is beyond stupid.

OpIv37
08-16-2016, 07:34 PM
This is a **** show on every level.

Rex has run an undisciplined shop both on and off the field. Brandon has created a culture where the only thing that matters is the bottom dollar and no one is ever held accountable as long as there is profit. But at the end of the day, Dareus is responsible for his own actions.

bob86
08-16-2016, 07:53 PM
A few years ago I got volunteered to work in our local Drug Court. The experience was eye opening. The deal with our local Drug Court is that if you test clean for 6-weeks and go to some group sessions, the felony drug charges against you will be dropped. That is, you can avoid having a felony record and avoid spending a year or more in prison if you just stop using drugs for six weeks. It is a great deal.

Unbelievably, of the 100 drug defendants in our Drug Court class, a grand total of 2 actually made it through the 6-weeks of testing clean. 98 out of a 100 defendants knew they were getting weekly drug tested and knew that the consequences of a failed drug test was prison time and each of them still used drugs.

The Judge who supervised the Drug Court for years said the results of my class were about average. She said drug use involves a lot of different issues and everyone’s experience is somewhat different. The one commonality is that all recurrent drug users delude themselves into thinking they won’t get caught, what they’re doing is not really wrong and it really is no else’s business what they put into their body. The Judge said that until this delusion is destroyed, no amount of threats or even punishment will stop the drug use. She said until you understand the full magnitude of this delusion that recurrent drug users live in, you cannot understand how they can possibly act the way they do. What to us seems like selfish, self-destructive, stupid and outrageous conduct, seems to them to be perfectly reasonable conduct.

feldspar
08-16-2016, 08:47 PM

BS.

First of all, nobody has a crystal ball. You talk to any number of "bad people," and it's not readily apparent they have bad character whatsoever.

Secondly, smoking pot does not make one a bad person. In fact, I've know dozens of good people that smoked pot, myself included. It's not a "bad thing" by nature.

All this is is just stupidity, plain and simple. You don't do that with $100 million contract when you know it's against the rules and have gotten caught before. The only person this is on is Dareus himself...not anybody else in any way.

I used to have a good feeling about this defense until half of them seem to be ****ing out already, just one game into the preseason. Absolutely unreal. Let's hope he appeals and gets the suspension knocked down, but I wouldn't count on it. Pot shouldn't be illegal anyway, and it isn't in some states. This **** ain't necessary.

Pissed here.

sahlensguy
08-16-2016, 09:37 PM
3-13

jills
08-16-2016, 10:38 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqAFY3-XEAEVAJG.jpg

coastal
08-17-2016, 12:12 AM
Time to fly that Bills flag upside down.. This team is dysfunctional , undisciplined and definitely in distress.
Brandon's Bills

coastal
08-17-2016, 12:14 AM
Time to tank

swiper
08-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Then tell me who the hell they get to replace all three.

Be specific.

You made the statement. Now back it up.

I don't have to. The owner does. And so far he's doing a lousy job. So go ask him.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-17-2016, 08:55 AM
what they’re doing is not really wrong and it really is no else’s business what they put into their body.

With respect to civilians ,I happen to believe that's true. The difference between cigarettes and marijuana is lobbying. I think the NFL is being puritanical, but Dareus still needs to be smarter.