PDA

View Full Version : Unavailable for the Season Opener Thread

OpIv37
08-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Karlos Williams- Suspended 4 Games
Shaq Lawson-Injured, out at least the first 4 games.
Manny Lawson- suspended 1 game
Marcell Dareus- Suspended 4 Games
Reggie Ragland- IR, injured for season

2 definite defensive starters, two projected defensive starters, #2 RB. And there are still almost 4 weeks and 3 full preseason games for more guys to drop.

The game is 10 miles from my house- so glad I didn't buy tickets.

stuckincincy
08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
But they do have 2 kickers....

Mace
08-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Got a pretty good punter too if he doesn't hurt himself.

jlgarsh
08-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Got a pretty good punter too if he doesn't hurt himself.

His leg might fall off from overuse.

Mr. Miyagi
08-16-2016, 08:13 PM
This is getting ridiculous. The football gods just ****** hate the Bills.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Carpenter just got 4 games per Schefter....

YardRat
08-17-2016, 04:42 AM
And because of the suspensions, the team is now subject to a 'steep fine' under the league's remittance policy?

DraftBoy
08-17-2016, 04:48 AM
For the record the M. Lawson suspension isn't official as of yet and his agent has said there has been no DV incident with Lawson.

Buckets
08-17-2016, 05:11 AM
Somehow the Bills have to start writing stiff monetary fines and possibly contract nullification clauses into these idiots contracts.

jamze132
08-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Well the opener is on the road against a perennial playoff contender; not like we really needed any of those guys to help us lose...

GreedoII
08-17-2016, 06:10 AM

2 definite defensive starters, two projected defensive starters, #2 RB. And there are still almost 4 weeks and 3 full preseason games for more guys to drop.

To me it's still all about the QB. Plus this team isn't the only one going in depleted....see NE/Pitt/Cincy/...all AFC contenders...just saying

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-17-2016, 06:34 AM
To me it's still all about the QB. Plus this team isn't the only one going in depleted....see NE/Pitt/Cincy/...all AFC contenders...just saying

yea, but they have the pedigree and talent to recover

stuckincincy
08-17-2016, 06:40 AM
Somehow the Bills have to start writing stiff monetary fines and possibly contract nullification clauses into these idiots contracts.

CIN did just that several years ago, getting tired of the antics of WR Carl Pickens. The canned at least one player. But the ability to do that fell to union demands the next time CBA came up.

OpIv37
08-17-2016, 06:44 AM
Well the opener is on the road against a perennial playoff contender; not like we really needed any of those guys to help us lose...

I scored free tix to Balts first PS game last week. Flacco didn't play so it's hard to say anything meaningful about their O. Their D stuggled against both Cam Newton and Carolina's back-up (Derek Anderson I believe), and looks beatable. So we can put up points. I just don't see how we are going to stop them from doing the same with so many guys out on a D that was already in decline.

Forward_Lateral
08-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Baltimore is over rated. The Bills have a shot at winning the game, like OP said. Question will be who the frig is going to be on the field, defensively.

OpIv37
08-17-2016, 07:41 AM
For the record the M. Lawson suspension isn't official as of yet and his agent has said there has been no DV incident with Lawson.

It would be a big help if he isn't suspended and is healthy. This suspension is a weird one. If there was an incident, why didn't anyone know about it til now? And what type of domestic violence incident is only worth a one game suspension? As a fan, of course I want him on the field, but as a human being, anyone who hits a woman deserves more punishment than a one game suspension.

stuckincincy
08-17-2016, 10:07 AM
yea, but they have the pedigree and talent to recover

And the reason for that is?... :whistling

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Baltimore is over rated. The Bills have a shot at winning the game, like OP said. Question will be who the frig is going to be on the field, defensively.
Remember the opener 2 years ago against the Bears in Chicago? They were a playoff team and we were supposed to just roll over for them? Well we beat them with EJ f..ing Manel.

stuckincincy
08-17-2016, 03:44 PM

Opi, Football Outsiders has taken a stab at it.

It's in this link to an article from today's Cinci Enquirer. Here's the thought process of the Football Outsiders folks:

..."Football Outsiders calculation based on (1) Injuries to starters, replacement starters, and important situational reserves (No. 3 wide receiver, nickelback, etc.) matter more than injuries to bench warmers; and (2) Injured players who do take the field are usually playing with reduced ability, which is why AGL is based not strictly on whether the player is active for the game or not, but instead is based on the player's listed status that week (IR/PUP, out, doubtful, questionable or probable)."...

I don't know if it's weighted as to what starter position was lost, or when. That is, DAL losing Romo and CIN losing Dalton and BAL losing Suggs and so on.

Note: Hover your mouse over the bars - you get the game count for each club.

Have fun!

Bengals Walkthru: Reverting to the injury mean?
Paul Dehner Jr., pdehnerjr@enquirer.com 11:53 a.m. EDT August 17, 2016

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/08/17/bengals-walkthru-reverting-injury-mean/88887776/

jamze132
08-17-2016, 04:38 PM
I scored free tix to Balts first PS game last week. Flacco didn't play so it's hard to say anything meaningful about their O. Their D stuggled against both Cam Newton and Carolina's back-up (Derek Anderson I believe), and looks beatable. So we can put up points. I just don't see how we are going to stop them from doing the same with so many guys out on a D that was already in decline.

Who knows what's going to transpire this season? 16 years of sucktitude has given me pause to think that we'll win more than we'll lose.