• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Drew Bledsoe on John Murphy

I still love this guy and I agree with everything he says in this interview.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Re: Drew Bledsoe on John Murphy

Really?
    Even the "Beef on wack" at the 11:32 or so mark?

EEOOOOOW

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

it's a pity we didn't give him a great OL he would have rewritten the record books, classy guy. That first year here was so exciting before he kind of wore down from the beating he took. We should have drafted OL instead of that dick Losman and we would have gone to the playoffs

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Tom Donahoe. Another in a long line of exquisite GMs for the Bills.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Drew had a great 7 games out of the gate in 2002...then declined.

The 2004 win and your in (playoffs) season final game vs. Pittsburgh was a complete disgrace. He choked. He heard footsteps when no one was around him. ( causing him to turtle and give up on the play ).
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Most overrated QB ever. Choker
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

I like the guy, but he had an weird knack for coming up with a turnover at THE WORST possible time in a game. He was maddening to watch.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

The 2004 win and your in (playoffs) season final game vs. Pittsburgh was a complete disgrace. He choked. He heard footsteps when no one was around him. ( causing him to turtle and give up on the play ).
                I was hearing footsteps myself when no one was around him. He was hit so much and so often. I used to find myself wincing in anticipation every time he dropped back.

Yeah, it would have been different if we'd have had an o-line.

I never figured out which was dumber. Not building an o-line, or getting Losman for mobility to negate a bad o-line and then forcing him to try and be a statue behind that same woeful o-line. Either way it adds up the same.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

We traded for a statue and did nothing to keep him safe. Error.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                    He was superb in the EZ in hitting his receivers in the shin. Then we got Kelly Holcomb - king of the six-inch pass. Then Losman, who ran around like a chicken with a bucket of hot water flung at its' ass.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Always liked Drew. After him led to possibly the worst starting QBs in franchise history.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        He was superb in the EZ in hitting his receivers in the shin. Then we got Kelly Holcomb - king of the six-inch pass. Then Losman, who ran around like a chicken with a bucket of hot water flung at its' ass.
                        Ugh. I remember when Holcolmb was the Bills' best chance to win a game. Losman was such a turd.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                          This.

And to his point, they stripped his tools and replaced them with two players who could not make a contribution.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

The funny thing about that game was that those back-ups basically became Pittsburgh's Super Bowl Team. They were also a 15-1 team. All but 7 players went on to start that Super Bowl.

2005 vs Bills 2006 Super Bowl
                            Tommy Maddox QB Ben Roethlisberger
                            Willie Parker RB Willie Parker
                            Dan Kreider FB Dan Kreider
                            Hines Ward WR 1 Hines Ward
                            Antwaan Randle-El WR2 Antwaan Randle-El
                            Jerame Truman TE Heath Miller
                            Marvel Smith LT Marvel Smith
                            Alan Faneca LG Alan Faneca
                            Jeff Hartings C Jeff Hartings
                            Keydrick Vincent RG Kendall Simmons
                            Oliver Ross RT Max Starks
                            Aaron Smith DE Aaron Smith
                            Kimo von Oelhoffen DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
                            Chris Hoke DT Casey Hampton
                            James Harrison OLB Clark Haggans
                            Joey Porter OLB Joey Porter
                            James Farrior ILB James Farrior
                            Larry Foote ILB Larry Foote
                            Ike Taylor CB Ike Taylor
                            Chad Scott CB Deshea Townsend
                            Troy Polamalu S Troy Polamalu
                            Chris Hope S Chris Hope
                            It was all

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

The only play in that game he really missed was he didn't see the corner blitz that resulted in a TD. He actually put the team in a position to win that game at the end. They had driven down to the 10 and got a 1st and goal to the 3 that was called back on a penalty on Josh Reed. Then Lindell misses the tying FG from 27 yards. The 1st play by Pitt after the miss is a 75 yard run by Parker, game over. Pitt played hard and well in that game. I was there. Drew didn't have a great game but your characterization is wrong, lots of blame to go around for that loss. We really lost the battle at the LOS on both sides of the ball. As King said you can call them backups but that was a talented group Pitt put on the field and they had something to prove. Dick Lebeau ran a great scheme against us.

Comment

Working...
                              X