PDA

View Full Version : Injuries Don't Matter, Suspensions Don't Matter, All That Matters Is The Quarterback

BillsImpossible
08-18-2016, 07:53 PM
We have all watched for a long time how important the position of quarterback is in the NFL.

You can have a crap defense, no name players on offense, and a bad special teams unit...but if you have an awesome QB, you win.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports.

Tom Brady is the gold standard. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a great quarterback.

Tyrod Taylor will never be Tom Brady.

But he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl in the same line with Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, or Mark Rypien.

He far exceeded expectations in 2015. Very few people thought that Tyrod Taylor would have much success last year.

If Rex Ryan had Tyrod Taylor when he was coaching the Jets, instead of Mr. Butt Fumble Sanchez, Rex would still be in NYC.

If Tyrod Taylor improves upon his "rookie" 2015 performance, the Bills have a shot to go around the world.

stuckincincy
08-18-2016, 08:02 PM
We have all watched for a long time how important the position of quarterback is in the NFL.

You can have a crap defense, no name players on offense, and a bad special teams unit...but if you have an awesome QB, you win.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports.

Tom Brady is the gold standard. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a great quarterback.

Tyrod Taylor will never be Tom Brady.

But he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl in the same line with Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, or Mark Rypien.

He far exceeded expectations in 2015. Very few people thought that Tyrod Taylor would have much success last year.

If Rex Ryan had Tyrod Taylor when he was coaching the Jets, instead of Mr. Butt Fumble Sanchez, Rex would still be in NYC.

If Tyrod Taylor improves upon his "rookie" 2015 performance, the Bills have a shot to go around the world.

Perhaps. But I think that a crap team that was spared injury to their starting team and key reserves all season long would be in contention.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Unfortunatly the Bills QB blows also.

justasportsfan
08-18-2016, 08:47 PM

Tyrod has not proven to be as good as those qbs except Dilfer but we dont have Dilfers or Russels D.

Think playoffs first before talking sb.

OpIv37
08-18-2016, 08:48 PM
What a load of crap. Defense wins championships and our D is a shell of what it was last year with all the injuries and suspensions.

stuckincincy
08-18-2016, 09:01 PM
What a load of crap. Defense wins championships and our D is a shell of what it was last year with all the injuries and suspensions.

Do the injuries really matter, given Wrex's coaching last season? And now we have brother Wrob...ugh.

OpIv37
08-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Do the injuries really matter, given Wrex's coaching last season? And now we have brother Wrob...ugh.

Hehe I thought I was BZ's resident "negative nancy."

Anyway, with healthy talent there was some small chance the D could gel under Rex. With all the injuries, I just can't see any path that allows this D to improve.

stuckincincy
08-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Hehe I thought I was BZ's resident "negative nancy."

Anyway, with healthy talent there was some small chance the D could gel under Rex. With all the injuries, I just can't see any path that allows this D to improve.

Yeah. The front office has done a poor job at building depth. They're not alone - I watched CIN@DET on local TV tonight, and DET's 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers got pushed around all game long on O and on D.

Topas
08-19-2016, 04:56 AM
I was missing

your posts that

always only have one line

paragraphs. I think your post is a bit

exagerrated but I agree with the

overall premise.

Joe Fo Sho
08-19-2016, 08:22 AM
All That Matters Is The Quarterback

I like how you claim that QB is the only position that matters and then proceed to name several QB's who've won Superbowl because of talent at other positions.

Skooby
08-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Drugs are bad.

justasportsfan
08-19-2016, 08:42 AM
All That Matters Is The Quarterb

"I agree"

- Andrew Luck

BillsOwnAll
08-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Trent dilfer was not a good QB who happen to play for one of the best defenses of all time, to say nothing else really matters and then say Trent dilfers name just makes me think you post to just post

Mr. Pink
08-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Trent dilfer was not a good QB who happen to play for one of the best defenses of all time, to say nothing else really matters and then say Trent dilfers name just makes me think you post to just post

Actually that Ravens team is the perfect example of QB play mattering most...

If QB play didn't matter at all, Tony Banks would have started that Superbowl and not been benched in week 9.

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Unfortunatly the Bills QB blows also.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he blows but he is highly overrated by many Bills fans.

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Drugs are bad.

You would know

Mace
08-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Tyrod has not proven to be as good as those qbs except Dilfer but we dont have Dilfers or Russels D.

Think playoffs first before talking sb.

Interestingly, Taylor had a better year one of starting at least 14 games than Flacco, Eli, Brees, Dilfer, Rypien. Only one who did better was Russell Wilson with a higher int % (2.2 to 1.6) and less y/a (7.9 to 8.0), but better comp pct (64.1 to 63.7, and td to int 26/10 to 20/6.

That was looking at comp pct, td to int, y/a, and int pct obviously.

But I'd even think winning record before playoffs.