Injuries Don't Matter, Suspensions Don't Matter, All That Matters Is The Quarterback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Injuries Don't Matter, Suspensions Don't Matter, All That Matters Is The Quarterback

We have all watched for a long time how important the position of quarterback is in the NFL.

You can have a crap defense, no name players on offense, and a bad special teams unit...but if you have an awesome QB, you win.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports.

Tom Brady is the gold standard. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a great quarterback.

Tyrod Taylor will never be Tom Brady.

But he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl in the same line with Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, or Mark Rypien.

He far exceeded expectations in 2015. Very few people thought that Tyrod Taylor would have much success last year.

If Rex Ryan had Tyrod Taylor when he was coaching the Jets, instead of Mr. Butt Fumble Sanchez, Rex would still be in NYC.

If Tyrod Taylor improves upon his "rookie" 2015 performance, the Bills have a shot to go around the world.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Injuries Don't Matter, Suspensions Don't Matter, All That Matters Is The Quarterb

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    We have all watched for a long time how important the position of quarterback is in the NFL.

You can have a crap defense, no name players on offense, and a bad special teams unit...but if you have an awesome QB, you win.

Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports.

Tom Brady is the gold standard. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a great quarterback.

Tyrod Taylor will never be Tom Brady.

But he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl in the same line with Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, or Mark Rypien.

He far exceeded expectations in 2015. Very few people thought that Tyrod Taylor would have much success last year.

If Rex Ryan had Tyrod Taylor when he was coaching the Jets, instead of Mr. Butt Fumble Sanchez, Rex would still be in NYC.

If Tyrod Taylor improves upon his "rookie" 2015 performance, the Bills have a shot to go around the world.

Perhaps. But I think that a crap team that was spared injury to their starting team and key reserves all season long would be in contention.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: Injuries Don't Matter, Suspensions Don't Matter, All That Matters Is The Quarterb

Unfortunatly the Bills QB blows also.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Tyrod has not proven to be as good as those qbs except Dilfer but we dont have Dilfers or Russels D.

Think playoffs first before talking sb.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

What a load of crap. Defense wins championships and our D is a shell of what it was last year with all the injuries and suspensions.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            What a load of crap. Defense wins championships and our D is a shell of what it was last year with all the injuries and suspensions.
            Do the injuries really matter, given Wrex's coaching last season? And now we have brother Wrob...ugh.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
              Do the injuries really matter, given Wrex's coaching last season? And now we have brother Wrob...ugh.
              Hehe I thought I was BZ's resident "negative nancy."

Anyway, with healthy talent there was some small chance the D could gel under Rex. With all the injuries, I just can't see any path that allows this D to improve.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Hehe I thought I was BZ's resident "negative nancy."

Anyway, with healthy talent there was some small chance the D could gel under Rex. With all the injuries, I just can't see any path that allows this D to improve.
                Yeah. The front office has done a poor job at building depth. They're not alone - I watched CIN@DET on local TV tonight, and DET's 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers got pushed around all game long on O and on D.
                Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-18-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Topas
                  German smartass
                  • Feb 2014

I was missing

your posts that

always only have one line

paragraphs. I think your post is a bit

exagerrated but I agree with the

overall premise.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

All That Matters Is The Quarterback
                    I like how you claim that QB is the only position that matters and then proceed to name several QB's who've won Superbowl because of talent at other positions.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Drugs are bad.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

All That Matters Is The Quarterb
                        "I agree"

- Andrew Luck
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                          My IQ Test results came back negative
                          • Oct 2002

Trent dilfer was not a good QB who happen to play for one of the best defenses of all time, to say nothing else really matters and then say Trent dilfers name just makes me think you post to just post

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                            Trent dilfer was not a good QB who happen to play for one of the best defenses of all time, to say nothing else really matters and then say Trent dilfers name just makes me think you post to just post
                            Actually that Ravens team is the perfect example of QB play mattering most...

If QB play didn't matter at all, Tony Banks would have started that Superbowl and not been benched in week 9.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                              Unfortunatly the Bills QB blows also.
                              I wouldn't go as far as to say he blows but he is highly overrated by many Bills fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X