PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 draft picks remain unsigned

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 05:00 PM
One day before reporting for training camp, and the Indianapolis Colts still have some unfinished business off the field.

The team's top three draft picks -- tight end Dallas Clark, safety Mike Doss and cornerback Donald Strickland -- remained unsigned late Friday.

That likely will change, either today or Sunday morning. The Colts have had all of their draft picks signed before camp the past two seasons.

"I've found most of those (signings) happen between 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock Sunday," coach Tony Dungy said Friday after the team wrapped up its three-day rookie camp.

All players under contract must report to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Ind., by 2 p.m. Sunday. The team's first practice is 8:30 a.m. Monday.

Clark, the 24th pick in the first round of April's draft, is optimistic an agreement on his contract will be finalized in time for him to report with his teammates.

"I trust my agent and I trust the organization," he said. "The feedback I've got sounds like everything is real positive.

"I have no worries that anything bad is going to happen."

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/9/060759-5359-038.html