PDA

View Full Version : Vesey Signs

Yasgur's Farm
08-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Rangerz

JATMtheJATM
08-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Good signing. Rags have a completely barren prospect pool and he's gonna be a good second liner. Good for them

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-19-2016, 05:19 PM
That's two cities that will boo the hell
Out of him. Lol

The Jokeman
08-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Out of him. Lol

I'd imagine Boston will too and possibly Brooklyn.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of him. Lol

I'd imagine Boston will too and possibly Brooklyn.

Mace
08-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Rangerz

He'll be sorry when I run into him at a convenience store and don't want him to sign my Delaware North Jeremy Jacobs Sr. commemorative ascot that commemorates Jacobs Sr. giving me his ascot while I squeegeed his car window at an intersection because I missed a spot and needed to remove a smudge because "that smudge is just ghastly, fellow, consign it to memory at once and I'll also give you the rest of my Big Mac which simply isn't agreeing with me."

It was a good Big Mac, I wear the ascot proudly, and don't like Vesey anymore.

JATMtheJATM
08-20-2016, 12:56 AM
From the Rangers standpoint, this is a home run. Vesey isn't a guy to build around, but he will be solid and he's fairly young.

From veseys standpoint, it's a little more confusing. New York is a declining team with a barren farm system and prospect pool. The future there isn't as bright as other teams. Furthermore, the margin for error is alot smaller. The new York media will eat him up if he doesn't produce right away.

swiper
08-20-2016, 06:20 AM
From veseys standpoint, it's a little more confusing. New York is a declining team with a barren farm system and prospect pool. The future there isn't as bright as other teams. Furthermore, the margin for error is alot smaller. The new York media will eat him up if he doesn't produce right away.

Right. I don't get his decision based on this. I was hoping one of you guys could explain it to me. Why did he pick the Rangers?

Night Train
08-20-2016, 07:13 AM
From the Rangers standpoint, this is a home run. Vesey isn't a guy to build around, but he will be solid and he's fairly young.

I could completely understand Chicago and the Sabres, but I agree with the above. Maybe they tossed in a few extra's, like a free place to live and some promotions. Rangers are declining and that didn't seem like the right choice at all.

Oh well, now on to camp and to see if Bailey, Carrier, Baptiste and a couple others can make the jump. The Sabres are still moving in the right direction.

swiper
08-20-2016, 09:00 AM
Interesting end to Paul Hamilton article on the subject, taking a swing at TWITTER:

The last thing about this Vesey thing was how far our business has fallen. Twitter is the worst thing that ever happened in journalism. It allows reporters to take other people’s work and make it their own using the word sources. The problem here was they were taking erroneous reports and then claiming them as their own. It really is embarrassing what our business has become.

Vesey’s camp kept everything very in house and they were not leaking information at all. His agents spoke a few times and pretty much told us that most of the reports out there were false.

In the end this is great for the reporters who guessed with no solid sources that he’d be going to the Rangers. They can now boast how right they were when in the end, their guess was very lucky. We must do better.

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-has-decided-on-the-New-York-Rangers/22849528

Skooby
08-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Interesting end to Paul Hamilton article on the subject, taking a swing at TWITTER:

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-has-decided-on-the-New-York-Rangers/22849528

Very lucky or very informed, there's a difference.

JATMtheJATM
08-20-2016, 10:18 AM
I could completely understand Chicago and the Sabres, but I agree with the above. Maybe they tossed in a few extra's, like a free place to live and some promotions. Rangers are declining and that didn't seem like the right choice at all.

Oh well, now on to camp and to see if Bailey, Carrier, Baptiste and a couple others can make the jump. The Sabres are still moving in the right direction.

The sabres still have options on the market as well. Hudler and pirri....

trapezeus
08-22-2016, 08:33 AM
where is spiked? another spiked prediction that is wrong...yet he sounded so confident

chernobylwraiths
08-22-2016, 11:39 AM
since he couldnt make much money in a deal, he went to probably the most expensive place to live.

Oh well. I wanted him, didn't get him. No big deal. The more it dragged on, the more the "experts" talk of how these guys are rarely as good as advertised started getting me to thinking.

Buffalogic
08-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Agent probably talked him into it by dangling endorsement deals. I can see the argument that if he's going to be capped from playing hockey, go to the big apple where visibility is higher and so are the odds of endorsements.