Should Dareus appeal suspension like Le'Veon Bell did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Should Dareus appeal suspension like Le'Veon Bell did?

As appears Bell missed his drug test, at least more than one from some reports. So there's a precedence which might help Dareus' cause and might allow him back for the Patriots?
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Should Dareus appeal suspension like Le'Veon Bell did?

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
    As appears Bell missed his drug test, at least more than one from some reports. So there's a precedence which might help Dareus' cause and might allow him back for the Patriots?
    Probably wouldn't fly. PGH is one of the "darling" franchises in the eyes of the NFL brass - Bell is a marquee player - garners more viewership than Dareus ever could.

The significance of the reduction:

..."As part of a settlement between the two parties, Bell will remain in his current stage of the substance-abuse program, Garafolo added. Staying in the same stage of the program means Bell's next suspension would also be four games, not 10."...

For the second year in a row, the appeals process has worked in Le'Veon Bell's favor. The Steelers running back's suspension has been reduced from four to three games.

Pretty dirty, eh?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Couldn't hurt whatever to try unless he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on from the circumstances.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

With injuries and suspensions, we are so banged up for game 1. He should challenge just to buy time.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

It would be just pro forma. This is the Bills, not the Steelers. And that's not sour grapes.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
            It would be just pro forma. This is the Bills, not the Steelers. And that's not sour grapes.
            Dareus probably got caught peeking through the blinds with an audible "oh ****" through the screen window on tape though before falling back on the "I was at the hospital with some homeless guy I can't find" defense.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              Dareus probably got caught peeking through the blinds with an audible "oh ****" through the screen window on tape though before falling back on the "I was at the hospital with some homeless guy I can't find" defense.
              I'd call him dumb as a box of rocks but that would be insulting to rocks.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Yes he should cite Bell, and sue if he doesn't get it reduced.

And I still have no idea how Bell not only got his suspension reduced, but got to stay in the same stage.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

I may be wrong, but I think I read that Dareus already came out and said that he wouldn't appeal.

If he just missed a drug test like he reportedly claims, I sure do think that he should appeal...that is if he's off the smack.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

If he's gonna play like he has since he got his big contract he's no loss.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe Bell took the test and passed, and Darius thinks he won't.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Idiot should appeal to common sense first.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          I may be wrong, but I think I read that Dareus already came out and said that he wouldn't appeal.

If he just missed a drug test like he reportedly claims, I sure do think that he should appeal...that is if he's off the smack.
                          Doesn't matter what he said. After looking at what happened with Bell, he can and should change his mind.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Well Dareus went to rehab now, trying to go the Bell's route. Here in the 'burgh they are saying it is the NFLPA who negotiated with the league that the player goes into some sort of a program in good faith and the league, in return, reduces the suspension by one game.

Comment

Working...
                            X