PDA

View Full Version : Should Dareus appeal suspension like Le'Veon Bell did?

The Jokeman
08-19-2016, 08:41 PM
As appears Bell missed his drug test, at least more than one from some reports. So there's a precedence which might help Dareus' cause and might allow him back for the Patriots?

stuckincincy
08-19-2016, 08:54 PM
As appears Bell missed his drug test, at least more than one from some reports. So there's a precedence which might help Dareus' cause and might allow him back for the Patriots?

Probably wouldn't fly. PGH is one of the "darling" franchises in the eyes of the NFL brass - Bell is a marquee player - garners more viewership than Dareus ever could.

The significance of the reduction:

..."As part of a settlement between the two parties, Bell will remain in his current stage of the substance-abuse program, Garafolo added. Staying in the same stage of the program means Bell's next suspension would also be four games, not 10."...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

Pretty dirty, eh?

Mace
08-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Couldn't hurt whatever to try unless he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on from the circumstances.

OpIv37
08-19-2016, 09:14 PM
With injuries and suspensions, we are so banged up for game 1. He should challenge just to buy time.

stuckincincy
08-19-2016, 09:25 PM
It would be just pro forma. This is the Bills, not the Steelers. And that's not sour grapes.

Mace
08-19-2016, 09:38 PM
It would be just pro forma. This is the Bills, not the Steelers. And that's not sour grapes.

Dareus probably got caught peeking through the blinds with an audible "oh ****" through the screen window on tape though before falling back on the "I was at the hospital with some homeless guy I can't find" defense.

stuckincincy
08-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Dareus probably got caught peeking through the blinds with an audible "oh ****" through the screen window on tape though before falling back on the "I was at the hospital with some homeless guy I can't find" defense.

I'd call him dumb as a box of rocks but that would be insulting to rocks.

Goobylal
08-20-2016, 12:33 AM
Yes he should cite Bell, and sue if he doesn't get it reduced.

And I still have no idea how Bell not only got his suspension reduced, but got to stay in the same stage.

feldspar
08-20-2016, 01:00 AM
I may be wrong, but I think I read that Dareus already came out and said that he wouldn't appeal.

If he just missed a drug test like he reportedly claims, I sure do think that he should appeal...that is if he's off the smack.

Novacane
08-20-2016, 07:27 AM
If he's gonna play like he has since he got his big contract he's no loss.

Turf
08-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Maybe Bell took the test and passed, and Darius thinks he won't.

Luisito23
08-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Idiot should appeal to common sense first.

Goobylal
08-20-2016, 09:07 AM
I may be wrong, but I think I read that Dareus already came out and said that he wouldn't appeal.

If he just missed a drug test like he reportedly claims, I sure do think that he should appeal...that is if he's off the smack.

Doesn't matter what he said. After looking at what happened with Bell, he can and should change his mind.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-20-2016, 08:46 PM
Well Dareus went to rehab now, trying to go the Bell's route. Here in the 'burgh they are saying it is the NFLPA who negotiated with the league that the player goes into some sort of a program in good faith and the league, in return, reduces the suspension by one game.