PDA

View Full Version : Dareus Enters Rehab

cookie G
08-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Per NFLN Earlier reports were that he left the stadium in street clothes

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000688073/article/bills-announce-marcell-dareus-to-enter-rehab-facility

Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus is seeking help.

The 26-year-old issued a statement Saturday afternoon stating that he will enter a rehab facility.

"After careful consideration of recent events within my life, I have made the decision to enter a rehabilitation facility," Dareus said. "I feel this is the best decision for me, my family and my teammates as I move forward with my career. I appreciate the support of my teammates and the Bills organization through this process."

Good Luck..hope it works

YardRat
08-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Best of luck to him.

EDS
08-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Do people go to rehab for pot use?

feldspar
08-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Rehab for weed. What'll they think of next?

Could be he was compelled to do it?

Weed is no big issue in itself. On the other hand, if he can't stop himself from doing it, then this is probably a good move based on his circumstances. You just can't do that in the NFL, especially with a $100 million contract and literally a million-plus people depending on you.

jamze132
08-20-2016, 03:03 PM
Well he's got 6 weeks to figure himself out. Good luck.

Thurmal
08-20-2016, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I

HHURRICANE
08-20-2016, 04:47 PM
So does he get 3 weeks instead of 4?

Is it rehab for eating because he looks out of shape.

RandolphDuke
08-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Don't nobody go to rehab for pot. Normally I would guess that he's jacked up on the peruvian marching powder, but given the fact that he's looking a bit doughy, I'm going to go with booze.

Whatever the case, I hope he gets his act together. This is costing him a lot of money.

Mace
08-20-2016, 06:18 PM
People go to rehab to address addiction. Doesn't matter if it's weed.

Whatever it is, it's obviously affecting him negatively and so it's immaterial what the substance is as long as he can conquer the need to put it first in his life.

swiper
08-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Ugh.

YardRat
08-20-2016, 06:20 PM

If it's having a consistent negative impact on your life, absolutely.

swiper
08-20-2016, 06:26 PM

What if it just makes you happy and eat a lot of Doritos?

Mace
08-20-2016, 07:18 PM
What if it just makes you happy and eat a lot of Doritos?

Your real addiction is Doritos, the weed is your excuse. I lost my Mercedes, condo, wife, someone elses wife, someone elses BMW, my best work boots, 3 bic lighters, 4 pens and a lava lamp over Cool Ranch.

feldspar
08-20-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm addicted to this Internet message board.

Jesus, please deliver me....

RandolphDuke
08-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Let's be clear here: it's not marijuana.

To date, there are a grand total of zero NFL players who have gone to rehab for marijuana. And only slightly more than zero people have gone to rehab for marijuana alone.

Mace
08-20-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm addicted to this Internet message board.

That's just weirdness, no worries in your case.

feldspar
08-20-2016, 07:45 PM
That's just weirdness, no worries in your case.

You're the one who has posted about 8,000 times in just over two years, pumpkin.

But if I'm weird, then I'll wear that as a badge of honor. Words cannot express how boring "normal" is, as if there is such a thing. No worries indeed.

On the other hand and keeping on track, maybe they should have sent Bob Marley off to rehab somehow. I heard he liked reefer.

Mace
08-20-2016, 07:49 PM

To date, there are a grand total of zero NFL players who have gone to rehab for marijuana. And only slightly more than zero people have gone to rehab for marijuana alone.

How can you know that ? At a point they need go through a mandatory program and have confidentiality. You only know what they went to rehab for if they tell you, many do not.

Skooby
08-20-2016, 07:52 PM
He's sick and wants help, let's just try to leave it at that and hope that he pulls himself together to focus on being a better over the next few months. It's one day at a time now, not to be confused with multiple.

Mace
08-20-2016, 08:01 PM
You're the one who has posted about 8,000 times in just over two years, pumpkin.

I'm not weird, just socially deficient. Oh ho, big difference there weirdo !

coastal
08-20-2016, 08:49 PM
We are alien engineered species with all sorts of bad hard wiring and GMO type unforeseens

swiper
08-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Are you smoking weed?

coastal
08-20-2016, 08:53 PM
No

swiper
08-20-2016, 08:55 PM
I blame Monsanto.

YardRat
08-20-2016, 10:00 PM

And that information comes from where?

Boomstick
08-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Your real addiction is Doritos, the weed is your excuse. I lost my Mercedes, condo, wife, someone elses wife, someone elses BMW, my best work boots, 3 bic lighters, 4 pens and a lava lamp over Cool Ranch.

I don't know how you got past losing the lava lamp...
I couldn't do it

DetDannyWilliams
08-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Rehab for weed. What'll they think of next?

Could be he was compelled to do it?

Weed is no big issue in itself. On the other hand, if he can't stop himself from doing it, then this is probably a good move based on his circumstances. You just can't do that in the NFL, especially with a $100 million contract and literally a million-plus people depending on you.

hey we have a great place here that help kids doing drugs it's called "Kids Escaping Drugs" it's a campus that helps kids that have done drugs get their lives back together and start over in life

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wbfo/files/styles/related/public/201509/ked_sign.jpg

X-Era
08-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Who's got the pics of him out on Chippewa last night?

YardRat
08-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Who's got the pics of him out on Chippewa last night?

Were they really from last night?

Ginger Vitis
08-21-2016, 02:24 PM
https://twitter.com/manecci/status/767392900082786304/photo/1

Mr. Pink
08-21-2016, 02:47 PM
If the pics of Dareus on the chip strip are recent, he apparently isn't all that serious about the whole rehab idea.

Nor about his 100 million dollars.

I give it before the end of the season before he gets a 10 game vacation.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-21-2016, 03:06 PM
He went to rehab for PR purposes.

Night Train
08-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Best of luck to him. Needs someone to tell him he's ready to throw it all away unless he charts a new course.

Skooby
08-21-2016, 03:43 PM
He went to rehab for PR purposes.

This is exactly what happened, the dude is clueless.

Mace
08-21-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't know how you got past losing the lava lamp...
I couldn't do it

That's when I knew I had to seek help.

Fortunately, I was able to steal another one from my counselor at rehab. The one thing I've learned is that you can replace most of the material possessions you lose through addictions by establishing relationships with staff and then stealing from them.

bob86
08-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Not all rehab facilities are alike. Indeed because of recent changes in insurance law, the rehab business has exploded. Many of the new ones are little more than scams, which do more harm than good. Some of the high end ones are little more than vacation spots for people who are forced into attending “rehab.” Even the better ones are not a sure thing. A good percentage of people who have issues with drugs also suffer from mental issues like depression. If you are truly going the resolve the drug issue, the rehab facility has to address the mental health issue, and very few of these facilities have the staff or programming to handle that. Likewise, it is common for people to have drug issues resulting from pain from a physical injury. Until the person gets alternative pain management, he or she may leave rehab free of drugs but in chronic pain. More often than not the rehab thinks it is successful if it gets its “client” to pass a series of drug tests. While that is important, and may be what is needed for the individual person, often the person leaves rehab still suffering from the underlying issue that brought them there.

stuckincincy
08-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Food for thought. Thank you.

Forward_Lateral
08-22-2016, 07:13 AM
What kind of rehab has a club in it?

Skooby
08-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Rehab is for quitters ��

gebobs
08-22-2016, 03:35 PM
We may as well forget about Dareus being an All-Pro like we hoped when he was drafted five years ago. Looks like he peaked early and now he's getting a bit battle weary. It will take every bit of fortitude by him to get back into the physical and mental shape necessary to compete at the pro level for 6+ months at a stretch. Frankly, I don't think he has it in him. He's going to waddle through the rest of his contract and go buy an island with a hemp plantation.

How does the rehab affect he availability for games? Is he still projected to be available by Week 5? Will he still be practicing with the team? Will he even be in game shape when his suspension is up? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no. Then again, when was the last time that fat slob was in game shape?

Skooby
08-22-2016, 05:02 PM
We may as well forget about Dareus being an All-Pro like we hoped when he was drafted five years ago. Looks like he peaked early and now he's getting a bit battle weary. It will take every bit of fortitude by him to get back into the physical and mental shape necessary to compete at the pro level for 6+ months at a stretch. Frankly, I don't think he has it in him. He's going to waddle through the rest of his contract and go buy an island with a hemp plantation.

How does the rehab affect he availability for games? Is he still projected to be available by Week 5? Will he still be practicing with the team? Will he even be in game shape when his suspension is up? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no. Then again, when was the last time that fat slob was in game shape?

Darius cannot practice with the team until after the completion of the 4th regular season game, so he's almost assured to be out of shape. The odds are long this will be a great season for him but then again, he won't be injured and should be ready to contribute at a somewhat high level.

gebobs
08-23-2016, 07:18 AM
The odds are long this will be a great season for him

Nicely understated. The odds are indeed long. Like light-years long. He just isn't the kind of guy with innate talent and physical ability to pull it off. The odds are long even for him to pull out of this death spiral. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in a few years.

Goobylal
08-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Lots of opinions here. And you know what opinions are like.

gebobs
08-23-2016, 07:54 AM

I wonder. What?

Mr. Pink
08-23-2016, 09:24 AM

You have to establish a pattern of behavior to actually get suspended for 4 games for violating the league substance abuse policy. He's already failed or no showed a number of tests. Dareus heading down to the chip strip the same night he announces he's gonna go to rehab just shows that he isn't willing to change his pattern of behavior and will likely further violate the substance abuse policy in the future.

And yes, going out and drinking is violating the league substance abuse policy once you're in the protocol. It's what got Josh Gordon a year off from football.

Maybe the rules are stupid, but they are the rules.

Goobylal
08-23-2016, 09:46 AM
You have to establish a pattern of behavior to actually get suspended for 4 games for violating the league substance abuse policy. He's already failed or no showed a number of tests. Dareus heading down to the chip strip the same night he announces he's gonna go to rehab just shows that he isn't willing to change his pattern of behavior and will likely further violate the substance abuse policy in the future.

And yes, going out and drinking is violating the league substance abuse policy once you're in the protocol. It's what got Josh Gordon a year off from football.

He went out. I didn't hear anything about him drinking (not that it should matter because I don't think he's going to alcohol rehab), much less toking it up. I also don't understand where the urgency to enter rehab is coming from? It's not like waiting a few days is going to mean the difference between life and death. It's pot. You know, a formerly illegal drug which is now legal in one form or another in half the country, and which unlike other illicit drugs or alcohol is not physically addictive.

Mr. Pink
08-23-2016, 10:20 AM
He went out. I didn't hear anything about him drinking (not that it should matter because I don't think he's going to alcohol rehab), much less toking it up. I also don't understand where the urgency to enter rehab is coming from? It's not like waiting a few days is going to mean the difference between life and death. It's pot. You know, a formerly illegal drug which is now legal in one form or another in half the country, and which unlike other illicit drugs or alcohol is not physically addictive.

While alcohol isn't a violation of real society laws, it is a violation of the league substance abuse policy once you've entered the protocol.

While marijuana honestly isn't that bad and I don't even smoke the stuff, it is illegal in most of the US still and a violation of the league substance abuse policy.

When you announce you're going to rehab and then go clubbing later the same day, it doesn't look good on you. Especially with all the factors involved.

Turf
08-23-2016, 10:50 AM

Not to mention he didn't stay for the game. If I'm not mistaken, if he violates it again, isn't it a year suspension?

Skooby
08-23-2016, 11:02 AM
While alcohol isn't a violation of real society laws, it is a violation of the league substance abuse policy once you've entered the protocol.

While marijuana honestly isn't that bad and I don't even smoke the stuff, it is illegal in most of the US still and a violation of the league substance abuse policy.

When you announce you're going to rehab and then go clubbing later the same day, it doesn't look good on you. Especially with all the factors involved.

Mr. Pink = Common Sense.

Skooby
08-23-2016, 11:04 AM
Not to mention he didn't stay for the game. If I'm not mistaken, if he violates it again, isn't it a year suspension?

That, then we get a 389 lbs douche the following year.

Mr. Pink
08-23-2016, 11:26 AM

His next violation is 10 games and a subsequent violation is a year off, then has to apply for reinstatement and can get more games off.

Since I've used Josh Gordon a couple times in this thread...

Gordon's year off ban was for alcohol, applied for reinstatement, still has another 4 games off. Amusingly enough he returns for the Cleveland game against New England...the same game that Brady gets to come back for.

Goobylal
08-23-2016, 11:31 AM

I have no doubt the Bills told him to skip the game so that they could get his replacement valuable PT with the starters. And so far I've heard nothing from the team suggesting he skipped without their permission.

And the rehab will either work or it won't: the exact day he enters it is immaterial. And that's up to Marcell.