PDA

View Full Version : Could less be more for Bills defense?

HHURRICANE
08-21-2016, 10:29 AM
I know it's one game against a terrible offensive line but maybe having less ego/talented players gets the coach better listeners and buy in to your system.

Yesterday looked like classic Rex Ryan defense and it was very encouraging.

I wonder how this D looks when you do have Ragland, Lawson, and Dareus all on the field at the same time?

Joe Fo Sho
08-21-2016, 12:15 PM
The preseason is great in that it shows a preview to how the Bills offense/defense will perform during the regular season. Unless the Bills play poorly, in which case the preseason is crap.

I fully expect the Bills defense to take a step forward this season, no matter who is injured/suspended/whatever. I don't know how big that step will be, but I hope it's huge. I'm a firm believer that the best acquisition we made this offseason on defense was Ed Reed as a defensive assistant. I'm still predicting a 6 win season, though.

One thing's for certain, I feel much better about how the Bills played yesterday than how the Giants played. Yikes, 0 points against the Bills?! C'mon.

YardRat
08-21-2016, 12:21 PM
We're going to have to hope so.

Skooby
08-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Wishful thinking, the Giants are terrible and have a new coach.

sahlensguy
08-21-2016, 12:31 PM
Bill's D blitzing at the time of year for vanilla.

John Doe
08-21-2016, 12:41 PM

The Giants blitzed some too.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Wishful thinking, the Giants are terrible and have a new coach.

The Giants had a top ten offense last year, their new coach was their OC, and they were let down by their defense in the last minute of 4 games last year which cratered their record. They aren't a great team, but they do have a very potent offense and we stomped on it. It's a positive sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Blitzing is our vanilla.

bleve
08-21-2016, 02:00 PM
With such low expectations, it was at least enjoyable to watch.
Keeping in mind, the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason in their 0-16 season.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Pre-season. repeat pre-season