• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Bills torn a new one, here comes the expectations of a 5-6 win season

The team wants to put on a show but those in the know, know we are really screwed right now. 6 wins looks to be the tops we can do, it's really sad actually.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills torn a new one, here comes the expectations of a 5-6 win season

It's a Jerry Sullivan article, therefore it doesn't need to be read and can be completely ignored.

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      It's a Jerry Sullivan article, therefore it doesn't need to be read and can be completely ignored.

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
      Bucky Gleason, Pink. Mind your Bucky's & Sully's.

Anyhoo, regarding Dareus (still grates on me) :

The most mind-boggling fact about his situation is that the Bills didn’t have an escape clause, based on his conduct, for the length of his contract. They can only get back guaranteed money for one year on his $96 million deal. It was signed, by the way, after the synthetic-pot ordeal and his moronic street-racing incident.
      It really is mind-boggling.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post

Oh woops I saw Sully!!!!!!!!!11

Not that it matters, Bucky is just an idiot too!!!!!!!!!11

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

lol...6 wins is extremely optimistic.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

What's even more sad, are all of the built in excuses for this regimes return for next season.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Whaley exits this year.

Rex the year after.

rinse.

repeat.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

It's not mind boggling at all. It's leverage. Dareus was coming off an All Pro season on a top 5 defense. You can't just jam a contract under his face and force him to sign it, he had the leverage so he got paid. Tyrod did not have leverage so the Bills got a much more favorable deal with out clauses.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I was expecting 6 wins long before reading that article.

Still, that article is nothing but a ***** session. The Bills are misbehaving, Ryan's a loudmouth, the team is inconsistent in how it deals with behavior issues, the team sucks and has sucked for 15 years.... blah blah blah.

I know, some of you will say that's ironic coming from me and you wouldn't be entirely incorrect. But I'm a disgruntled fan on an unofficial message board. This article by a (supposedly) real journalist was actually published by a (supposedly) real newspaper. WTF?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    It's not mind boggling at all. It's leverage. Dareus was coming off an All Pro season on a top 5 defense. You can't just jam a contract under his face and force him to sign it, he had the leverage so he got paid. Tyrod did not have leverage so the Bills got a much more favorable deal with out clauses.
                    Fighting the insertion of a void clause based on substance abuse suspension after he'd already labeled himself with the issues would have harmed his value across the board. They didn't put one in because it didn't occur to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Whaley exits this year.

Rex the year after.

rinse.

repeat.
                    So you want us to fire them and rehire them so we can fire them again, then rehire them to fire them again, then...

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

When I first read that article I too thought it was a Sully piece...

A current summary of Buffalo Bills 2024 player cap & cash figures.

The Bills are stuck with Dareus for 2 more years until 2018 then if he is cut the dead cap vs the cap hit is much more manageable..

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                        When I first read that article I too thought it was a Sully piece...

A current summary of Buffalo Bills 2024 player cap & cash figures.

The Bills are stuck with Dareus for 2 more years until 2018 then if he is cut the dead cap vs the cap hit is much more manageable..
                        2019. His dead cap is still over 16 million in 2018, drops to 7.8 the following year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

If he flies off the handle and can't play football, it'll be a whole different story. Getting himself banned from playing NFL at all would definitely stop him from collecting money and give us cap relief.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Fighting the insertion of a void clause based on substance abuse suspension after he'd already labeled himself with the issues would have harmed his value across the board. They didn't put one in because it didn't occur to them.
                            My guess is that they 'thought' of it, but didn't put one in because they just thought that they were smarter than everyone else.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              If he flies off the handle and can't play football, it'll be a whole different story. Getting himself banned from playing NFL at all would definitely stop him from collecting money and give us cap relief.
                              That's like wishing for the team to tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X