• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Van Pelt to be cut?

Just a thought, so far I have heard great things from Travis Brown outta camp, is it possible if Johnson shows anything at all that they will cut Van Pelt and go with Brown #2, and Johnson #3?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Van Pelt deserves to be with the team until we win a Super Ball.

That's MHO!
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

super ball? anyways, i agree. hes been with this team for a while now and has always been a descent backup. and with the emergence of no-name qbs nowadays (maddox, brady, feeley, bulger, etc.) i wouldnt be surprised if we kept all 3 (van pelt, jason johnson, and travis brown).
      the dude abides

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
        super ball? .
        That IS what the Super Bowl was named after.
        anyways, i agree. hes been with this team for a while now and has always been a descent backup. and with the emergence of no-name qbs nowadays (maddox, brady, feeley, bulger, etc.) i wouldnt be surprised if we kept all 3 (van pelt, jason johnson, and travis brown).
        I don't see us carrying 4 QBs on the roster...maybe the practice squad for Johnson.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Hey it's been avery long,long day.

You know wwhat I meant.

Of course hewould be a kind of Cinderella story QB, if he stepped into replace Drew.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

They aren't going to keep Johnson just "because".

AVP needs to be beat out of his job, and 2 days of rookie camp ain't going to do it. Right now his salary is not an issue.

Comment

• Winfield_26
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I think GW, and Co. are gonne give Brown every chance to beat out Van Pelt.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Van Pelt makes a good clip board holder.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

Van Pelt is good for the locker room and experience. I don't care if he's 2 or 3, but I want him on the team.

I really think people are overrating johnson. THe guy sucks. I'd be very surprised if he made the team.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Brown has very little game experience, and Johnson is a raw, untested, undrafted FA. I think, for this year at least, AVP stays and Johnson - providing he shows something - goes on the practice squad.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

super ball? anyways, i agree.
                      LMAO my!!!

Brown is more mobile, 7 years younger, VP is 33.

We don't, or shouldn't, hang onto players simply b/c they're "nice guys"! You retain those who would do the best job in relief, NOT those whom 'you would like to see do well.'

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Brown has very little game experience, and Johnson is a raw, untested, undrafted FA. I think, for this year at least, AVP stays and Johnson - providing he shows something - goes on the practice squad.
                      JR, if every team used that logic, then there'd be a whole lot of great QBs who never would have started or gotten the chance. In fact, don't you think that all QBs at one point had "no experience."

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

I believe we need more experience at backup QB than a duo of Brown and Johnson would provide. We seem to be taking a long look at Brown as the number 2 guy, which is good, and if Johnson winds up on the PS, we will have 2 younger guys for the future. I simply feel it's at least a year early to jetison AVP.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

I agree with Wys on the one point there, no QB's in the league would ever emerge if they always kept the good old boys.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Let's say we keep DB, TB and Johnson, and - God forbid - DB goes down. We then have TB, Johnson and ?. Is anyone comfortable with that? If you are, stop griping about depth problems at other positions.

It makes far more sense to keep DB, TB and AVP, with Johnson on the PS - for this season. Not forever. Johnson can develop on the PS, and perhaps be a viable 3rd QB candidate next year. Why the rush to axe AVP?

BTW - and I hope I'm wrong - I don't see our future QB in either Brown or Johnson.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not "comfortable" w/ Drew in there!

I'd rather have Blake, Kerry Collins, or any number of other QBs.

The team is evaluating Brown as they say they are!

You, along w/ everyone else, seem to have no problem drinking the FO/partyline Koolaid when it suits your likes (i.e. Drew), so how about accepting that same standard when they are finished assessing Brown this preseason! If Drew's so marvelous, then you'd have to agree that they are top evaluators of QB talent, eh!

If anyone should be concerned, it should be me, not you.

Just an inane suggestion...

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X