X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Sign Him - Good Player from a Rival

Stork would add good depth and maybe even make our starting 5 better if Miller doesn't improve.

Wood could move to RG with Stork at C.

Plus he's from FSU
    Last edited by Mahdi; 08-24-2016, 10:13 AM.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Sign Him - Good Player from a Rival

Today, the team has apparently made another stunner: releasing former starting center Bryan Stork, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

A stunner: Former starting center Bryan Stork is being released by the #Patriots today, I'm told. Crazy.

Stork was selected by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2014 draft and became the team’s starting center during his rookie season. He was the shoo-in candidate to earn the job again the next season but a concussion forced him to begin the year on PUP. When he was activated, he returned as the starter. Now, Stork is gone.

Stork struggled with consistency, concussion and temper issues – he was thrown out of practice twice – this off-season and fell behind second-year player David Andrews in the competition for the starting role.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

I know so little about lineplay, but when the pats part ways with guys they usually fall apart. which kind of implies that they are getting their edge from something aside from their talent. I would avoid a pat player. plus it sounds like he has some attitude problem since he was kicked out of facility last week and then was released as a starter. that's a big red flag. especially for the bills where we have a lot of player volatility.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        I know so little about lineplay, but when the pats part ways with guys they usually fall apart. which kind of implies that they are getting their edge from something aside from their talent. I would avoid a pat player. plus it sounds like he has some attitude problem since he was kicked out of facility last week and then was released as a starter. that's a big red flag. especially for the bills where we have a lot of player volatility.
        Everyone said the same about Richie.

Put this guy between Richie and Wood and you have a nice interior for a team that wants to run the ball.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Ryan did say he is concerned with having a backup at center, which we currently really don't have. I think it would be a good move.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

One thing that concerns me about the Pats OL is that Brady is extremely good at protecting himself with quick passes, identifying blitzes, and pocket movement. And despite that, their OL was terrible and likely cost them a trip to the Super Bowl. Is he good? Im not sure.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

but Richie wasn't a pat. I'm dubious that they have the talent level and that its not related to extensive cheating that other teams don't do. how can every player leave suck at their other destination. coaches included. but once they are back, they do well? that is a big red flag to me. and its not helped that they have two strikes against them and one case where the evidence was destroyed.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                The point you make about cheaters possible performance enhancement suspicions coupled with his apparent anger issues goes hand-in-hand.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Sign him...If it works, good, if it doesn't, nothing gained, nothing lost...
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Has concussion issues

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

We got rid of Karlos Williams and we'll bring in another head case?

Why not add another clown to the circus if he'll take minimum?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Another IR guy?? No thanks.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                          • Feb 2006

He was traded to Washington - not cut.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                            He was traded to Washington - not cut.
                            All solved, now let's go get Bosa and trade Dareus out of here.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              let's go get Bosa and trade Dareus out of here.

I'd do that trade in a second...
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X