Barky moves on.

Mace
08-25-2016, 09:07 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1679974/barkevious-mingo

Barky moves on.

I have no doubt it will harm us.

YardRat
08-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Oh well...I wish Buffalo was the team that gave him a second chance, not New England.

Goobylal
08-25-2016, 09:10 PM
He sucks.

Mace
08-25-2016, 09:13 PM
He sucks.

Belichick has a lot of experience though, you think he didn't think of that or chose to trade for a guy that sucks ?

stuckincincy
08-25-2016, 09:30 PM
I have no doubt it will harm us.

Likely not .My TV is full of AFCN football. He gets flicked aside like a pesky insect.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Still don't know why they traded for him.

He was playing in the 4th quarter of preseason games, he clearly wasn't gonna make the roster.

And I doubt many teams would have been knocking down his door for the chance of getting Mingo on their roster.

Goobylal
08-25-2016, 09:37 PM
Belichick has a lot of experience though, you think he didn't think of that or chose to trade for a guy that sucks ?

Probably thought it would be a low-risk move and he's a former 1st rounder.

Still don't know why they traded for him.

He was playing in the 4th quarter of preseason games, he clearly wasn't gonna make the roster.

And I doubt many teams would have been knocking down his door for the chance of getting Mingo on their roster.

Reportedly the Lions were willing to deal their 6th rounder for him.

feldspar
08-25-2016, 09:54 PM

Belichick traded for Albert Haynesworth in 2011. He's not infallible.

New England needed to address the offensive line a lot more. The deficiencies there is what caused them to lose last year, IMO. They're in even bigger trouble there now that Sebastian Vollmer is out. If they can't protect Brady, they have problems...this is my hope.

Turf
08-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Minga, Mingo? MiGod.

OpIv37
08-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Belichick traded for Albert Haynesworth in 2011. He's not infallible.

New England needed to address the offensive line a lot more. The deficiencies there is what caused them to lose last year, IMO. They're in even bigger trouble there now that Sebastian Vollmer is out. If they can't protect Brady, they have problems...this is my hope.

I'm hoping NE struggles and goes 1-3 with Brady out, then he comes back rusty and they struggle to protect him and can't compete for the div. the Bills, Jets and Fish all look like **** shows, so we will have a war of attrition where the least bad team wins by default. I don't think it's going to happen, but that's my hope.

OpIv37
08-26-2016, 11:31 AM
As far as Mingo, I don't like it. It's nothing to freak out about, because, while some players do turn it around after failing to live up to expectations for several years (see Hughes, Jerry), it's the exception to the rule. If he sucks, NE gave up very little for him. If he doesn't suck, they filled a hole for next to nothing. And let's face it: the draft is long over, all the good FA's have signed and the season starts in 2 weeks. There aren't too many other ways to try to fill holes at this point in the season.

streetkings01
08-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Doesn't dude have Maybin type weight issues?

Luisito23
08-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Why does everyone always assume anybody NE trades for will end up a star?...

This guy is clearly ass and nothing will change just because he goes to the Pats...:cynic:

feldspar
08-26-2016, 02:40 PM
I'd trade for him just because his name is pretty freakin' cool-sounding.

stuckincincy
08-26-2016, 02:56 PM
I'd trade for him just because his name is pretty freakin' cool-sounding.

Mingo speaks Spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ctpz8e5zI

Novacane
08-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Bills fans are so paranoid. Why do we always think BB is going to turn every turd into gold?

Novacane
08-26-2016, 04:02 PM

This guy is clearly ass and nothing will change just because he goes to the Pats...:cynic:

Sorry. You beat me to it. To many Bills fans have loser syndrome. Everything we do is bad. Everything NE is golden.

bdutton
08-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Minga, Mingo? Mongo. MiGod.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/35894/mongo-punches-horse-o.gif

stuckincincy
08-26-2016, 04:57 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/35894/mongo-punches-horse-o.gif

:lolabove:

OpIv37
08-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Sorry. You beat me to it. To many Bills fans have loser syndrome. Everything we do is bad. Everything NE is golden.

Seriously? The Bills miss way more than they hit. NE hits way more than they miss. Are they perfect? Of course not, but Bellicheck saw something in this guy, or at least thought he was better than the few alternatives, and he's earned the benefit of the doubt. The Bills.... Not so much.

Novacane
08-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Seriously? The Bills miss way more than they hit. NE hits way more than they miss. Are they perfect? Of course not, but Bellicheck saw something in this guy, or at least thought he was better than the few alternatives, and he's earned the benefit of the doubt. The Bills.... Not so much.

Fair enough on the Bills. They've earned their reputation but NE gets way to much credit. They hit on a 6th round pick 15 years ago so people just assume everything they do is going to be awesome. I'm not going to go through their list of bombs but just last year this board was in an uproar about how great Scott Chandler was going to be in NE. Give me a break!

swiper
08-26-2016, 05:39 PM

If that's what you think, then you haven't read the responses in this thread. Most thought it was a bad move. NE misses on a lot of stuff. Without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick would have a whole different type of reputation. One more like the one he had in Cleveland.

OpIv37
08-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Fair enough on the Bills. They've earned their reputation but NE gets way to much credit. They hit on a 6th round pick 15 years ago so people just assume everything they do is going to be awesome. I'm not going to go through their list of bombs but just last year this board was in an uproar about how great Scott Chandler was going to be in NE. Give me a break!

In that 15 years, they only missed the playoff once, and they won 11 games with Matt Cassell that year. Brady helps but it's a lot more than just him. And there are a lot of players who played far better with NE than they did with with any other team.

streetkings01
08-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Seriously? The Bills miss way more than they hit. NE hits way more than they miss. Are they perfect? Of course not, but Bellicheck saw something in this guy, or at least thought he was better than the few alternatives, and he's earned the benefit of the doubt. The Bills.... Not so much.Actually the Bills and Pats hits and misses are equal the only difference is they have Brady to cover their mistakes and we don't.

feldspar
08-26-2016, 09:02 PM

Belichick has Brady.

End of story.

OpIv37
08-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Actually the Bills and Pats hits and misses are equal the only difference is they have Brady to cover their mistakes and we don't.

They went 11-5 with Cassell. It's more than Brady and always has been.

Luisito23
08-26-2016, 09:09 PM
It's more than Brady and always has been.

Yup...it's called cheating.

Shady25
08-26-2016, 10:04 PM
He only had 1 move coming out of LSU.
Billy Bells might be able to get 3-4 sacks out of him.
But no chance he becomes a huge part of that team.
Think a poor man's Aaron Maybin.

YardRat
08-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Wrecks got six sacks and four forced fumbles out of Maybin for one season...I would expect BB to get at least that out of Mingo.

feldspar
08-27-2016, 07:38 AM
They went 11-5 with Cassell. It's more than Brady and always has been.

The Patriots had the easiest strength of schedule in the league that year, though. They obviously had a fantastic team then, no doubt, but they don't have anything close to that now. You can't tell me that the Pats would do that well with Cassell this year. No, it's mostly Brady and Belijerk. Obviously, nobody does it alone, but those two guys are the reason for the sustained success. Without Brady, they wouldn't be nearly as good.

Funny, though. The Patriots picked up the #6 and #7 overall picks from the 2013 draft class this offseason. Not the best draft class ever....

Mr. Pink
08-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Wrecks got six sacks and four forced fumbles out of Maybin for one season...I would expect BB to get at least that out of Mingo.

Well Mingo did have 5 sacks as a rookie, so there is some potential there.

Hasn't forced a fumble in his career though :rofl:

bdutton
09-02-2016, 09:48 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/3715985-newly-acquired-barkevious-mingo-shines-in-patriots-debut?a_aid=40677

Mingo was all over the field on Thursday night against the Giants. He was used on both edges on the line and also off the line as a linebacker in coverage. As soon as he came into the game in the 2nd quarter, his presence was felt. Here he is seen getting all the way to the quarterback and forcing the strip sack. It's plays like this that will get you on Bill Belichick's good side.

Belichick said after the game "He lived in the facility for the last week" and clearly it shows. His versatility is going to be a huge part of this Patriots defense and did they ever show off last night.

Mingo finished the game with 6 tackles, one for a loss, including his strip sack and also two quarterback hits.

Goobylal
09-02-2016, 02:14 PM
So he did well against future fast food workers? Good for him.

sukie
09-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Mingo in now in a system that won't expect so much for this 5th round pick. 6th overall for the Browns was full of far more pressure and expectation. New England fleeced a bottom feeder once again.

Mingo is now a 5th round player.... on a winning team. good for him.

stuckincincy
09-02-2016, 08:45 PM
So he did well against future fast food workers? Good for him.

I know the B'gals always rag-dolled him during the regular season.

streetkings01
11-15-2016, 03:19 PM
9 games........10 tackles.......0 sacks

Goobylal
11-15-2016, 03:22 PM
No surprise.

streetkings01
11-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Chandler Jones.......9 games , 28 tackles , 7 sacks , 2 ff
Jamie Collins........2 games , 17 tackles , 1 sack

Bad move after bad move by Belichick.......most be nice having Brady

Mr. Pink
11-15-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm shocked that Mingo is nothing more than a Special Teams player for the Pats.

SHOCKED.

He'll be out of the league soon enough and can go chat with Aaron Maybin about what it's like to sucker a team into drafting them in the first round, while laughing about their bank accounts.