• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

My opinion on why the Bills will go 1-15 or maybe 0-16

Bills made the Super Bowl 4 years a row, anybody think that helped with the TV ratings at all during those years ?? Is was dead air waves (low TV ratings) and most of the playoff teams on the other side of the aisle (NFC) were far superior, which brings me to my point. The NFL's ratings have increased nearly every year since we stop winning, henceforth increasing the amount of $ the NFL earns.

Buffalo winning wasn't good for business, nothing Buffalo is good for business and let's be honest Toronto or Buffalo, hmmmmm? I think the league wanted to live on a prayer versus someone over-paying with gas money. I personally think that the refs help pad certain teams & assuredly don't help us whatsoever. Ed Hoch's calls this past weekend were beyond atrocious, so I just want to be clear. We are fighting a perception of being a ratings killer, perception = reality. League wants to expand into new markets and leave dead markets behind (See St. Louis), I'd expect us to hit a huge wall this season, like 1-15 (maybe 0-16). This can help defer the pain of loss without really losing anything (perpetually failing team).

The NFL wants a team in Buffalo like people want stage 4 cancer news, they need a way out. So I think our bulldog attitude has helped us hang on but they'll try to find a way around it. Consider us black-balled, just waiting for our patience to end. Be strong, endure longer.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: My opinion on why the Bills will go 1-15 or maybe 0-16

This is just my opinion, no one else has led me to this conclusion.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

5-11 to 7-9

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Bills' ceiling for record this year is 6-10. I feel it's going to be a 4-12 season though.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

The league should just come clean, change the championship game's name to SuperBowlMania and put Vince McMahon in a referee uniform.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

This team is better then people think around here.

No way this team goes 4-12.

As for the conspiracy that's all BS. If the refs are in on it then eventually one will get cancer and tell some reporter how they were instructed to officiate differently for different teams. What do you think would happen to the NFL? It would be over for them. So no.

Does the league love having a team in Buffalo? Probably not but this team isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• Topas
              German smartass
              • Feb 2014

I warnt the 60 sec of my life back, that I spent reading the first post ...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

They'll start 2-0. You can take that to the bank.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

The mere fact that you feel this way will put us in the playoffs.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Unless we are plagued with injuries all season, this is not a sub .500 team.

Comment

• Topas
                      German smartass
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                      Unless we are plagued with injuries all season, this is not a sub .500 team.
                      Ehhrm, what?!?!
                      First, we already have loads of injuries.
                      Second, one could very well argue that we are a sub 500 team even without the injuries.
                      But I like your optimism...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Just say no to drugs!
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          Bills made the Super Bowl 4 years a row, anybody think that helped with the TV ratings at all during those years ?? Is was dead air waves (low TV ratings) and most of the playoff teams on the other side of the aisle (NFC) were far superior, which brings me to my point. The NFL's ratings have increased nearly every year since we stop winning, henceforth increasing the amount of $ the NFL earns.

Buffalo winning wasn't good for business, nothing Buffalo is good for business and let's be honest Toronto or Buffalo, hmmmmm? I think the league wanted to live on a prayer versus someone over-paying with gas money. I personally think that the refs help pad certain teams & assuredly don't help us whatsoever. Ed Hoch's calls this past weekend were beyond atrocious, so I just want to be clear. We are fighting a perception of being a ratings killer, perception = reality. League wants to expand into new markets and leave dead markets behind (See St. Louis), I'd expect us to hit a huge wall this season, like 1-15 (maybe 0-16). This can help defer the pain of loss without really losing anything (perpetually failing team).

The NFL wants a team in Buffalo like people want stage 4 cancer news, they need a way out. So I think our bulldog attitude has helped us hang on but they'll try to find a way around it. Consider us black-balled, just waiting for our patience to end. Be strong, endure longer.
                          So your opinion that we'll win 0 games this year has absolutely nothing to do with the players/coaches that we're going to put on the field? It's just based on the conspiracy that the NFL is out to get us?

Man, some of you guys are just paranoid. We're probably not going to win many games this year, and it's going to be because of the inferior product that we'll put on the field. Not because Roger Goodell is against the city of Buffalo. That's ridiculous.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Were you guys not paying attention when we won only 1 game last year because the NFL hates the bills?

And weren't you guys paying attention when the NFL did NOT approve the bills sale to Pegula who guaranteed the bills are staying in buffalo?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              This is just my opinion, no one else has led me to this conclusion.
                              I prefer to believe in the best in people so I'm going to go with you're just an attention whore and not bat**** crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X