PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener Menu

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2016, 02:22 AM
We are less than 2 weeks away so it is time to start talking about this especially if you are into deep marination like me.

Thoughts?

Ideas?

Our opponents are the Baltimore Ravens.

Baltimore local cuisine ideas?

Ravens? Probably a week under an acid (white wine, lemon juice, etc.) with herbs (no salt)?

I am all ears.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2016, 04:55 AM
I'd stuff Ravens with dead rats and marinate them in battery acid. Serve with a medley of rotten, sour crab grass and stink weeds.

YardRat
08-29-2016, 05:50 AM
I'd stuff Ravens with dead rats and marinate them in battery acid. Serve with a medley of rotten, sour crab grass and stink weeds.

Uh...excuse me...was that really necessary!?!

Skooby
08-29-2016, 06:33 AM
Costco has these ribs packages to die for that are a pain in the ass to grill but everybody loves them. I almost need treatmwnt for smoke inhalation because of the dual pack of sweet rib sauce from there as well. Any suggestions on how to cut the smoke down while cooking them ??

coastal
08-29-2016, 08:24 AM
Cauliflower steaks with a red pepper flakes and dates BBQ sauce.

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Costco has these ribs packages to die for that are a pain in the ass to grill but everybody loves them. I almost need treatmwnt for smoke inhalation because of the dual pack of sweet rib sauce from there as well. Any suggestions on how to cut the smoke down while cooking them ??

The problem with any sugar on the meat at the start of grilling is that caramelizing begins too early and the bi-product is what you experiencing.

I do not put on any sugar based sauce until the last 15 minutes and I lower the heat big time when I do with the lid closed and on the top rack.

My suggestion if you must eat that crap is to cook the ribs as low as possible on the top rack. It will take much much longer but they will not come out black either.

I hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Cauliflower steaks with a red pepper flakes and dates BBQ sauce.

You make me sick.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Coming back from munich that day, so it'll be crappy airplane food. Planned this vacation for a while. In the past it would be sacrilegious for me to miss opening day, but I'm so blah now I'll record it and watch it some other time (if they somehow win)

Skooby
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM
The problem with any sugar on the meat at the start of grilling is that caramelizing begins too early and the bi-product is what you experiencing.

I do not put on any sugar based sauce until the last 15 minutes and I lower the heat big time when I do with the lid closed and on the top rack.

My suggestion if you must eat that crap is to cook the ribs as low as possible on the top rack. It will take much much longer but they will not come out black either.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, that actually helps me a lot and explains where I failed.

gebobs
08-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Coming back from munich that day, so it'll be crappy airplane food. Planned this vacation for a while. In the past it would be sacrilegious for me to miss opening day, but I'm so blah now I'll record it and watch it some other time (if they somehow win)

I'll be at a wedding in Vermont the night before. Prolly have to watch the game st s sports bar with some stinkin' Pats fans.

YardRat
08-29-2016, 12:56 PM
My kid insists on standard fare, so probably pizza and wings at my place.

feldspar
08-29-2016, 12:57 PM
I'll be at a wedding in Vermont the night before. Prolly have to watch the game st s sports bar with some stinkin' Pats fans.

Patriots don't play until 8:30, though. Should be fewer there. For the ones that are, tell them you think Brady will have a great game...trust me.

As far as food, order a pizza or wings...or both. I don't think I've ever cooked anything extravagant on game-day. Don't think I ever will. Somebody else likes to do that, that's fine.

feldspar
08-29-2016, 01:00 PM
My kid insists on standard fare, so probably pizza and wings at my place.

Ah, you typed this while I was basically saying the same thing. Cannot go wrong with pizza or wings.

You may have raised your kid right, old buddy.

bleve
08-29-2016, 01:27 PM
If you want to go with the Baltimore cuisine theme, probably Crab Cakes and/or Crab Dip would be appropriate. Not much marinating needed though.

YardRat
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
If you want to go with the Baltimore cuisine theme, probably Crab Cakes and/or Crab Dip would be appropriate. Not much marinating needed though.

He probably has plenty of crabs from his Florida vacation, too.

Victor7
08-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Home made Chilli nachos and plenty of beer. Might throw in a pizza for late games with more beer for the inevitable anger after the Bills do their thing (you know ..... suck)

gebobs
08-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Patriots don't play until 8:30, though. Should be fewer there. For the ones that are, tell them you think Brady will have a great game...trust me.

That's the nicest thing I have heard all day!

Skooby
08-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Home made Chilli nachos and plenty of beer. Might throw in a pizza for late games with more beer for the inevitable anger after the Bills do their thing (you know ..... suck)

You know, LOL. That was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as food, order a pizza or wings...or both. I don't think I've ever cooked anything extravagant on game-day. Don't think I ever will. Somebody else likes to do that, that's fine.

This is so funny, lots of good ones in this thread !

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Gee thanks!

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2016, 02:08 PM

Sparty/Shiva is bringing over some ribs to put on my new BBQ. I was thinking of making fresh crab cakes also smoked on the BBQ infused with one or more of my 4 types of fresh hot peppers from my herb garden.

I hope those dialing for pizza and wing delivery have it on speed dial since I wouldn't want them to tire themselves out.

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2016, 02:09 PM
He probably has plenty of crabs from his Florida vacation, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PjLkB7BlpA

feldspar
08-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Gee thanks!

Welcome.

bleve
08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Sparty/Shiva is bringing over some ribs to put on my new BBQ. I was thinking of making fresh crab cakes also smoked on the BBQ infused with one or more of my 4 types of fresh hot peppers from my herb garden.

I hope those dialing for pizza and wing delivery have it on speed dial since I wouldn't want them to tire themselves out.

I like the added hot pepper to the crab cakes, but I don't know about smoking them. Sometimes you have to leave the classics alone.

My hot peppers are in the freezer now, summer garden has been dug, and it's on to the winter crop now.

stuckincincy
08-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Squirt cheese on rippled potatoe chips. Beer with cheap brandy chasers.

Mace
08-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Slim Jims and guacamole with the cheapest ice beer I can find. Been shoplifting Jims all summer to be prepared.

The guacamole might be old potato salad though. I can't remember ever making guacamole, though I remember making potato salad in 2014. It will need ketchup. I found some flavored certs in an old jacket too. I think they're certs. I'll put them into the green stuff for texture or something. Drink enough cheap ice beer it doesn't matter.

Night Train
08-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Blood pudding and Fresca.

Mace
08-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Blood pudding and Fresca.

Haven't had Fresca in 4 decades at least. Suddenly have a taste for it. I was the only one I ever saw buy it the store. My first gf was like "you like Fresca ?"....."yeah, you ?"....."never had it, saw a picture of a can in a magazine though."...."want to try it ?"....."no."

stuckincincy
08-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Pepsi's poor attempt to beat Squirt. But Pepsi's big bux won out.

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2016, 07:15 AM
I like the added hot pepper to the crab cakes, but I don't know about smoking them. Sometimes you have to leave the classics alone.

My hot peppers are in the freezer now, summer garden has been dug, and it's on to the winter crop now.

A little bit of smoke?

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Haven't had Fresca in 4 decades at least. Suddenly have a taste for it. I was the only one I ever saw buy it the store. My first gf was like "you like Fresca ?"....."yeah, you ?"....."never had it, saw a picture of a can in a magazine though."...."want to try it ?"....."no."

Mixes well with white rum or gin.

gebobs
08-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Slim Jims and guacamole with the cheapest ice beer I can find.

Found a place here that sells 30-pks of Genny Screamers.

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2016, 08:08 AM
Found a place here that sells 30-pks of Genny Screamers.

Named after the loose stools they produce?

Mace
08-31-2016, 05:57 PM
Named after the loose stools they produce?

And the music while producing.

Used to love the stuff way back in my late teens, never happened to me.

Then again back then if I had an alcohol limit I never found it. Would never get sick either. Just hungry. Everyone would drop like flies after a rancid sheet pizza or something, I'd shrug, finish the leftovers and be fine. Ah to be young again.

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2016, 11:54 PM
Thinking the rotisserie needs to get involved.

Lecter, have the cats been behaving?