Those that say the bills will be sub .500, what teams in the conference are better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Those that say the bills will be sub .500, what teams in the conference are better?

Most people on this forum are projecting a 1-7 win season for the bills.

Along with what is going on inside the bills organization, I'd like to see what external factors are contributing to that outlook.

Name the 6 AFC playoff teams and why exactly that the bills have no shot versus any of them. Every other team has warts, so let's focus on that for a change and maybe, just maybe, we aren't as far off as most would think.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Those that say the bills will be sub .500, what teams in the conference are bette

well there need only be 3 since division winners are "in" automatically.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Re: Those that say the bills will be sub .500, what teams in the conference are bette

I agree with you Buffalogic.

If Brady or Roethlisberger goes down they are right in the middle with everyone else.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
        I agree with you Buffalogic.

If Brady or Roethlisberger goes down they are right in the middle with everyone else.
        NE won 11 games with Matt Cassell. They're still a threat even without Brady.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post

Along with what is going on inside the bills organization, I'd like to see what external factors are contributing to that outlook.

Name the 6 AFC playoff teams and why exactly that the bills have no shot versus any of them. Every other team has warts, so let's focus on that for a change and maybe, just maybe, we aren't as far off as most would think.
          This is short sighted. It's the wrong question.

The Bills were 8-8 last year. Middle of the pack. What did we do to improve more than the teams already ahead of us improved? The answer is very little. We were in cap jail for the most important period of free agency and our top 2 draft picks are injured.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

New England, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Denver, Indy are virtual locks for the playoffs. So that's 5 spots.

Same ole, same ole around here...

This team is fighting with the Chiefs, Ravens, Texans, Jets for the final playoff spot.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

West coast trips for Buffalo Bills = losses, every year. I'm not sure why but we travel like crap.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post

doesn't work like that. Look at the schedule.

losses to AZ and Sea, loss to NE (with brady), losses to Pit, Cinn and Baltimore. That right there is 6 losses guaranteed; Now you have likely losses to LA Rams and Oak Raiders (both road games) and if you don't buy those losses we also have to sweep the jets and dolphins, we also have to assume we're betting the pats once, of course a brady-less pats team is exactly the game we've lost consistently since 2000, so thats no write in. Granted the rest of the schedule isn't all that tough, but I just don't see us getting more then 8 wins. There is a hard ceiling on this schedule. The only way we break through 8 wins is if we're a superbowl caliber team, in which case 10-6 or 11-5 is possible. I just don't think we're near that level.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  NE won 11 games with Matt Cassell. They're still a threat even without Brady.
                  Yeah five years ago.
                  This current Pats team isn't close to that team personal wise.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    New England, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Denver, Indy are virtual locks for the playoffs. So that's 5 spots.

Same ole, same ole around here...

This team is fighting with the Chiefs, Ravens, Texans, Jets for the final playoff spot.
                    If OPiv can go as far as Matt Cassel winning, I think it's safe we can use our beating Denver and Indy recently as a barometer to beat them again no?

BTW, I'm om the 8-8 group.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah five years ago.
                    What? They have Hogan!!!!

Matt Cassel's team was stacked.

I think we can use Jim Kelly's team too. Might as well.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

as for AFC teams i'd rank them like this

*NE
                      *Balt
                      Pitt/Cinn (there goes the wildcard spots)

---------------------------
                      EVERYONE ELSE - including
                      *(AFCS winner / probably the Colts or Texans)
                      *(AFCW winner / probably the Raiders or Chiefs)

We probably could compete for the AFCS championship, heck i'd probably say we'd be a fav for that division, however we're not in the AFCS
                      We probably could compete for the AFCW championship, heck i'd probably say we'd be a fav for that division, however we're not in the AFCW

To get to the playoffs we need to be better then 3 teams. NE and the 2 wildcard teams coming out of the AFCN. We aren't and we won't be.
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-01-2016, 12:28 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        If OPiv can go as far as Matt Cassel winning, I think it's safe we can use our beating Denver and Indy recently as a barometer to beat them again no?

BTW, I'm om the 8-8 group.

- - - Updated - - -

What? They have Hogan!!!!

Matt Cassel's team was stacked.

I think we can use Jim Kelly's team too. Might as well.
                        Cassell is the only example we have of Bellicheck with a no-name QB while Brady was out. And he won 11 games.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Yeah five years ago.
                          Yeah I've been hearing about the Pats' lack of talent and impending demise for 10 years now.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            doesn't work like that. Look at the schedule.

losses to AZ and Sea, loss to NE (with brady), losses to Pit, Cinn and Baltimore. That right there is 6 losses guaranteed
                            Guaranteed huh? Then why don't we just forfeit those games? Why bother playing them and risk injury? Are you one of the football gods that control the outcome?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Cassell is the only example we have of Bellicheck with a no-name QB while Brady was out. And he won 11 games.
                              So 1 qb is enough example for you? You arguing with yourself again? Their back up qb is NOT Cassel and while you may think it meant nothing, the bills beat the pats Garapolo playing QB. That game is more recent than you Matt Cassel era.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X