PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's postgame, indications ?

Mace
09-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Was fortunate enough to have a feed that carried chunks of his press conference. Regarding guys on the bubble :

- He mentioned Gronkowski and O'Leary a few times, seemed pleased with them
- He mentioned hoping Colt Anderson's injury was minor and he'll be ready
- He mentioned being pleased with Humber, though someone had to tell him who number 50 was (Humber)
- He liked Meeks' performance, I must have missed Meeks' performance
- Mentioned Albright, and said Biermann "did some good things in practice"

No link, was watching evidently a WKBW stream, Buscaglia didn't add much.

stuckincincy
09-01-2016, 10:13 PM
He should have swiped the tone of if not the exact words of former TB HC John McKay who was once asked "What do you think about your team's execution?"

McKay said "I'm in favor of it." :kid:

DraftBoy
09-02-2016, 06:30 AM
Also said we'll be down to 53, or lower, today.

YardRat
09-02-2016, 06:32 AM
He's kind of stuck woth O'Leary, after Gragg's injury.

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2016, 06:34 AM
I watched the first quarter.

Whoever #44 is on Defense should've been cut after the first series.

The O-line looked atrocious. Martin was a turnstile.

EJ looked like Rob Johnson

The entire thing reeeked of a "just get me out of here" attitude, which is fine, if you are a 12-4 team just trying to tune things up.

Mr. Miyagi
09-02-2016, 07:31 AM
I watched the first quarter.

Whoever #44 is on Defense should've been cut after the first series.

The O-line looked atrocious. Martin was a turnstile.

EJ looked like Rob Johnson

The entire thing reeeked of a "just get me out of here" attitude, which is fine, if you are a 12-4 team just trying to tune things up.
For most of those guys out there it was their last chance to make the team, so I doubt they'd not want to play their absolute hardest. Some can't help it if they just aren't good enough. Others, like EJ, we're just stuck with.

Yasgur's Farm
09-02-2016, 07:49 AM
This is my for sure list...
44 - Seamster - Gone
16 - Colter - Gone
61 - Velasco - Gone
68 - Richardson - Gone
62 - Martin - Gone
73 - Lucas - Gone

That leaves at least 16 moves to go.

GreedoII
09-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Looks like the same team...penalties...missed tackles....8-8

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
For most of those guys out there it was their last chance to make the team, so I doubt they'd not want to play their absolute hardest. Some can't help it if they just aren't good enough. Others, like EJ, we're just stuck with.

They sure didn't look like guys who wanted to win a roster spot

Cleve
09-02-2016, 11:53 AM
They sure didn't look like guys who wanted to win a roster spot

It was brutal. While the win loss record in the pre season is not an accurate gauge of regular season success - far from it - one expects at least a competent series or two in a pre-season game, even if the game ends up being lost due to experimentation, etc.

Last night - there wasn't even a glimmer of competency. Some of the worst football play I've ever seen from the Bills. To anyone who thinks EJ Manuele has shown 'improvement' - replay the game, if you DVR'd it. Then, tell me where the 'improvement' is. He showed terrible judgment and an inability to think when a play breaks down. He was sacked 3 times for 22 yards in like 10 minutes of game time.

The only thing he could do right - hand off the football to the running backs. I think he completed one check-down type pass for 10 yards - that was it. This guy is the Aaron Maybin of 1st rd QB picks.

And the defense - horrifyingly bad. Looks like both Ryans phoned it in for this game.

There wasn't anything positive to take away from that game - except the pre-season is over.