PDA

View Full Version : How does Jerry Sullivan still have a job

DesertFox24
09-02-2016, 09:47 AM
This guy gets worse and worse. Jerry posted his latest mailbag and the reasons he bashes Whaley are just insane. Look the lying about Shaq was a bad move and all he had to say is they do not think he will need surgery but too good to pass up on their board. He then claims to have several misses, since Nix got here we have done quite well with first and second round picks and that includes Whaley. I challenge him to look at other teams hit to miss ratio and see where Doug stands. Also he really has a heart burn over the Sammy trade? I am not saying I would have done it but my lord that is not a reason to fire the guy, Sammy is a great player. Yes Odell has been good but he also has Eli who is to say he would have done the same with us?

GreedoII
09-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Sullivan is still around?

Skooby
09-02-2016, 11:06 AM
I told you guys about how the management had a master plan that delayed our potential success, 3 starters off the bus was a complete / blatant lie.

DesertFox24
09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Ragland had no injuries and was a fluke. Lawson they did lie but he will start at some point this season. Sully literally cannot stand Whaley and it shows, not sure what his reasoning is but his reasoning and points to attempt to back up his thoughts are terrible and flat out wrong when compared. I stopped reading him awhile ago but when I saw his headline Whaley must go I thought I would get a laugh and read it, but it is pure garbage.

Mr. Miyagi
09-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Sullivan's writing has become less of a newsworthy article than a FOX News bias crap.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Here's why people don't like Sully...

He's the exact opposite of Chris Brown.

Brown is overly rah rah optimistic and Sully is overly pessimistic.

Problem is the reality of this franchise is more towards Sully's POV.

Bill Cody
09-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Here's why people don't like Sully...

He's the exact opposite of Chris Brown.

Brown is overly rah rah optimistic and Sully is overly pessimistic.

Problem is the reality of this franchise is more towards Sully's POV.

I don't mind a reporter who takes a tough line. But damn Sully comes across as 2 things that are hard to take from a writer: whiny and arrogant. It's a bad combo.

Ginger Vitis
09-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Sully is right most of the time but he does have a ax to grind... I think when WGR got the broadcasting rights to the Bills back a few years ago one of the conditions was that WGR get rid of Sullivan and Pegula hates Sullivan for asking him about Joe Paterno so Sully and Pegula dislike each other

Crisis
09-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Buffalo sports journalism is pretty terrible as a whole. TBN is awful.

Jim Kelley is missed.

Mace
09-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Sullivan is Sullivan. He considers himself a sports critic.

He aggravates me when he writes about something I'm optimistic about with his predictable sour grapes, but when he vents on something that aggravates me, there is nothing more satisfying than his predictable sour grapes.

I'm not a Whaley fan by any means. No, Nix's drafts do not count for Whaley because he was a part of it.

That said, this is the conclusive year imho, for Whaley. I'm not convinced he knows what he's doing until more than Darby look like a sure hit out of 20 players drafted since he had exclusive control. Watkins ? Overpaid for him, doesn't matter if he stays healthy and produces, dominating games like you'd expect from a WR you trade that high up for.

Miller, O'Leary, Henderson, Preston Brown need to step up, this years draft class, so far it's all about Adolphus.

Dunno I agree though with firing Whaley to date though I'd have surely supplemented him with a football guy. After this year ? Very maybe, depending on his picks.

coastal
09-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Sullivan is a plagiarist.

Thurmal
09-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Sully is a dick, but he will always have my respect for telling it like it was during that awful Jauron/Toronto series era. That team/organization deserved every bit of scorn he laid upon them.

Victor7
09-05-2016, 10:37 AM
He is indeed too much a whiner and a drama queen. But more often than not he's right.

Hard to argue otherwise when we are on a 16 year roll of suck.

Night Train
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I read Wawrow from the AP and Joe B from local Ch.7 when it comes to the Bills. They point out issues but do so in a balanced way. Very good reads.

Haven't paid any attention to the Buffalo news in years, with their constant unhappiness towards all local sports teams. Once Gaughan semi-retired and moved to the UB college games, it was over.

mdcas22
09-05-2016, 07:28 PM
I think people forget that this team has had nothing to celebrate in the last 16 years so you would expect sports writers to drill this team. Let's see what Sully say's when this team is good. If you think about it Whaely is still a big question mark, we as Buffalo fan's say Sammy is the real thing but compared to the class of 2013 he isn't worth were he was drafted esp giving a extra pick for him. lets see how this years team fair's before we drill either guy. But in fairness to Sully t wouldn't be fun to have all reporters saying all good about the teams they write for.

pmoon6
09-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Jerry Sullivan still has a job because he feeds the portion of Bills Nation that is so pessimistic that they have contemplated suicide 'cause their football team hasn't won in a long time.

He also has the same I.Q.

SpikedLemonade
09-06-2016, 02:50 AM
I like Sully.

Good Morning and FU Moonie.