• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN : Rob Ryan

I like Rob Ryan, really I do. Even when he's incapable of turning a D around, like he mostly is except briefly, though he prepares like a maniac it seems, which probably tells you preparation doesn't equal success.

Interesting tidbit in there.

Rob will occasionally sleep at the office, something Rex has never done and never plans to do. Rob also spent time at the Bills’ facility during the offseason. Rex never sets foot in the building during the offseason.
    I really hope this works, really I do. But if it doesn't, that quote tells you Rob doesn't have the ability, but has the desire, and Rex doesn't have the desire, but...well, doesn't have the desire. Maybe he's got the ability.

Maybe you combine them and it works. I really hope so. Really. I kind of wonder though if Rob was the HC and Rex was the Defensive assistant whatever, how it would work out. We'll never know. Such is life.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: TBN : Rob Ryan

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    I like Rob Ryan, really I do. Even when he's incapable of turning a D around, like he mostly is except briefly, though he prepares like a maniac it seems, which probably tells you preparation doesn't equal success.

Interesting tidbit in there.

I really hope this works, really I do. But if it doesn't, that quote tells you Rob doesn't have the ability, but has the desire, and Rex doesn't have the desire, but...well, doesn't have the desire. Maybe he's got the ability.

Maybe you combine them and it works. I really hope so. Really. I kind of wonder though if Rob was the HC and Rex was the Defensive assistant whatever, how it would work out. We'll never know. Such is life.

I recommend drinking Brandy.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Rex never sets foot in the building during the offseason.
      If true, that's simply pathetic.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Rob Ryan has bee terrible everywhere he has gone. OBD hiring him was the falling off point for me. I officially hate this team.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          If true, that's simply pathetic.

There's no way that's true.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

He only sleeps there because he gets free pizza delivery.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Which one is the evil twin?

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                Which one is the evil twin?
                They were really triplets. Rex, Rob and Reb. Reb is the evil one and could be either of them, they don't even know themselves unless they're wearing their family dinner nametags and half the time, those are wrong anyway. They all have Rob wigs and fake belly's, and Rex teeth mouthpieces.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

I will be kind to Rob Ryan in one post, probably the only time I'm ever kind about him besides wanting to go drinking with him.

Apparently he wasn't allowed to run his idea of a defense while in New Orleans. This could be just him talking to make it sound like he wasn't just completely terrible there but allegedly his ideas of what to do with his personnel ended up being overrode by Payton.

Kinda old news but I just stumbled upon it recently and maybe others who are completely down on him based on what happened in New Orleans haven't seen it either.

He wasn't terrible in his last year with Cleveland and first with Dallas. He's still no better than average but if what he says is true, maybe he isn't the complete dumpster fire he was in New Orleans.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    They were really triplets. Rex, Rob and Reb. Reb is the evil one and could be either of them, they don't even know themselves unless they're wearing their family dinner nametags and half the time, those are wrong anyway. They all have Rob wigs and fake belly's, and Rex teeth mouthpieces.
                    It's suspicious to me that you seem to know so much.

You're Reb, aren't ya? Can't fool me, son...family dinner name tags or no.

Comment

• Victor7
                      • Jul 2013

Last year when we brought him in I went nuts explaining just how bad of a failure Rob Ryan is. Most people told me I was crazy and that "having another defensive mind" would only be beneficial. We then proceeded to get demolished by the Skins, lose to the Eagles and barely beat the Romoless Cowboys. Non coincidentally the 3 teams Rob had faced earlier as the Saints DC.

I did my research. You guys can too. Rob Ryan is NOT a good defensive mind. Hes had one, maybe 2 if you are not that strict decent seasons as a DC. Everything else has been a disaster. He's only here because Rex is the coach. He would be jobless if not for him.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                        Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                        • Nov 2012

Why not have them alternate so we can spend two weeks on each game plan.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                          I did my research. You guys can too. Rob Ryan is NOT a good defensive mind. Hes had one, maybe 2 if you are not that strict decent seasons as a DC. Everything else has been a disaster. He's only here because Rex is the coach. He would be jobless if not for him.
                          I know he's not a good DC. Vic. Think he's terrible on his own merit. I'm still not sure they aren't 2 halves of 1 okay, though, not that it's saying alot.

We're the last Ryan defense now. KC runs a defense based on Ryan theory, but isn't one. Besides Pettine, we have about every Ryan defense guy we're likely to obtain. It gives them the best chance to succeed.

Will they ? Well I doubt it, I think the defense has been solved by decent teams and decent coaches. But let's face it, Rex wasn't going to change anything, and isn't flexible enough to adapt his system.

It's not about being a Rob fan though.

Comment

Working...
                          X