PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I'm a little surprised that this is what we are fielding on D....

HHURRICANE
09-05-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm a little surprised we didn't try to get any better on D after cutting Lawson. I like the Albright kid and some of the fillers but you are telling me we are better without Lawson?

Either Rex is a coaching genius or we are trying to sign Gilmore at the expense being mediocre at a bunch of spots on D.

Goobylal
09-05-2016, 09:43 AM
They liked Alexander better and Rex was very impressed with the Humber kid they picked up. Plus I think that Lawson's pec injury isn't/can't be fully healed yet.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm a little surprised we didn't try to get any better on D after cutting Lawson. I like the Albright kid and some of the fillers but you are telling me we are better without Lawson?

Either Rex is a coaching genius or we are trying to sign Gilmore at the expense being mediocre at a bunch of spots on D.

Hey, he got a sack out of Aaron Maybin. Who knows????

Jan Reimers
09-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I think we're probably getting about the same on field performance from Alexander as Lawson, for a lot less money. And it may signal that Shaq will be back by midseason.

Goobylal
09-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Let me change "Humber" in my post above to "McCrary."

Victor7
09-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Definitely not this.

Night Train
09-05-2016, 02:14 PM
I had zero issues with any of the cuts.

DL looks good, secondary looks good and the LB's are what they are. The LB corp will probably play better than last season, when we got little out of them. Preston Brown looks like the 2014 version and the new faces look like they know what they are doing.

Novacane
09-05-2016, 04:50 PM
If you were counting on Manny Lawson to be a difference maker you were delusional. I have no problem giving a young guy the chance.

SpikedLemonade
09-05-2016, 05:00 PM
We are poop.