Wow, I'm a little surprised that this is what we are fielding on D....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Wow, I'm a little surprised that this is what we are fielding on D....

I'm a little surprised we didn't try to get any better on D after cutting Lawson. I like the Albright kid and some of the fillers but you are telling me we are better without Lawson?

Either Rex is a coaching genius or we are trying to sign Gilmore at the expense being mediocre at a bunch of spots on D.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Wow, I'm a little surprised that this is what we are fielding on D....

They liked Alexander better and Rex was very impressed with the Humber kid they picked up. Plus I think that Lawson's pec injury isn't/can't be fully healed yet.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
      I'm a little surprised we didn't try to get any better on D after cutting Lawson. I like the Albright kid and some of the fillers but you are telling me we are better without Lawson?

Either Rex is a coaching genius or we are trying to sign Gilmore at the expense being mediocre at a bunch of spots on D.
      Hey, he got a sack out of Aaron Maybin. Who knows????

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think we're probably getting about the same on field performance from Alexander as Lawson, for a lot less money. And it may signal that Shaq will be back by midseason.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Let me change "Humber" in my post above to "McCrary."

Comment

• Victor7
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post

Definitely not this.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I had zero issues with any of the cuts.

DL looks good, secondary looks good and the LB's are what they are. The LB corp will probably play better than last season, when we got little out of them. Preston Brown looks like the 2014 version and the new faces look like they know what they are doing.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

If you were counting on Manny Lawson to be a difference maker you were delusional. I have no problem giving a young guy the chance.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

We are poop.

Comment

Working...
                  X