PDA

View Full Version : Seantrel Henderson is appealing a suspension

Skooby
09-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Bills' OT Seantrel Henderson's pending substance-abuse suspension is related to a treatment he received for his Crohn's disease.

Skooby
09-07-2016, 09:37 AM
If he needed medicine for his medical condition under a doctor's care then how is this a problem ? The guy is sick man and needed help, who stops someone from getting well and then going to work ??

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I'm guessing, but am not sure, that in cases like this the athlete needs to submit his treatment to the league and get a waiver. If he didn't do that ahead of time, that could be the problem

And if it's not directly related to the Crohn's and he did not have a prescription that would be an issue too

DraftBoy
09-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Ian Rapoport is reporting that the positive test was for marijuana. Marijuana is a known treatment for dealing with the pain from Crohn's Disease.

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Get with the times NFL, for God's sake

Skooby
09-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Ian Rapoport is reporting that the positive test was for marijuana. Marijuana is a known treatment for dealing with the pain from Crohn's Disease.

What state was he in ?? Not that it's a defense but pot, really ?? WTF

The King
09-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Hard to think he doesnt have circumstances that should be considered.

Skooby
09-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Hard to think he doesnt have circumstances that should be considered.
Could any player then claim to have Crohn's so they can smoke pot ??

DesertFox24
09-07-2016, 10:41 AM
This will be a very interesting appeal decision. I am assuming he had doctors prescription as well as medical research showing that this is an approved treatment.

Bill Cody
09-07-2016, 10:42 AM

He doesn't claim to have Crohn's, he has Crohn's. See the difference?

Bill Cody
09-07-2016, 10:43 AM

The first 2 tokes were for the pain, the next 2 were to get stoned lol

The King
09-07-2016, 11:24 AM

If they want to get their intestines removed sure.

DraftBoy
09-07-2016, 11:27 AM
This will be a very interesting appeal decision. I am assuming he had doctors prescription as well as medical research showing that this is an approved treatment.

Technically that doesn't matter. The rules state that if a medical treatment involves a banned substance it has to be submitted and approved by the league for an exception.

I'm not sure he has much ground to stand on, unless it was submitted and we don't know that.

Skooby
09-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Technically that doesn't matter. The rules state that if a medical treatment involves a banned substance it has to be submitted and approved by the league for an exception.

I'm not sure he has much ground to stand on, unless it was submitted and we don't know that.

As soon as you file papers to get to smoke pot, you get a drug test slip.

feldspar
09-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Gotta give the guy a break on this one.

Joe Fo Sho
09-07-2016, 12:22 PM
What state was he in ??

Seems like he was in a state of comfort and confusion, with a bit of the munchies.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Or maybe it was submitted and the league rejected it based upon Seantrels history.

If you're getting suspended 4 games for marijuana, you're already in the league's substance abuse protocol. Not to mention this is a guy who plummeted his own draft stock by testing positive prior to the draft.

Suspension should be upheld, imo.

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Or maybe it was submitted and the league rejected it based upon Seantrels history.

If you're getting suspended 4 games for marijuana, you're already in the league's substance abuse protocol. Not to mention this is a guy who plummeted his own draft stock by testing positive prior to the draft.

Suspension should be upheld, imo.

FWIW, it's the pre draft test that put him in the substance abuse protocol. They are not separate issues.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm guessing, but am not sure, that in cases like this the athlete needs to submit his treatment to the league and get a waiver. If he didn't do that ahead of time, that could be the problem

And if it's not directly related to the Crohn's and he did not have a prescription that would be an issue too

BINGO!

With that said if I'm dying not sure I'm thinking about the league's policy.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2016, 01:52 PM
FWIW, it's the pre draft test that put him in the substance abuse protocol. They are not separate issues.

Correct.

But you don't get suspended after your 2nd failed marijuana test either.

And you pass through Stage 1 if you can stay clean for 90 days or 180 days depending on circumstances after entering it.

So clearly, Seantrel is in Stage 2 now. And with how much lax the NFL is on marijuana opposed to other drugs, this is Seantrels second failed test while in Stage 2.

So, in counting the pre-draft stupidity, this is at least the 4th time he's failed a drug test for marijuana in 2 years.

Substance abuse protocol link with rules, conditions, fines, suspensions - https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player%20Development/2015%20Policy%20and%20Program%20on%20Substances%20of%20Abuse.pdf

trapezeus
09-07-2016, 03:44 PM
so who is up next in the bills suspension hell this year? remember when we worried that marshawn would get a 4 game suspension and we traded him away immediately?

Skooby
09-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Our team is not disciplined & we have came in last place during the off-season, just F-n horrible. Rex not talking lately about how great we are is because he's ashamed of his stupid statement, what a joke.

jamze132
09-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Isn't the NFL the only league that tests for weed? I hope the players union makes a stand during the next negotiation to get it removed from testing.

Skooby
09-08-2016, 05:21 AM
Isn't the NFL the only league that tests for weed? I hope the players union makes a stand during the next negotiation to get it removed from testing.
Assured.

coastal
09-08-2016, 08:56 AM
tank baby tank!