PDA

View Full Version : Mace's 10 things to watch for : Bills at Ravens.

Mace
09-10-2016, 07:19 PM
- The Bills scoring more points than the Ravens to leave with what you can arguably perceive to be a successful result within the framework of an NFL contest.
- Sideline cheerleader shots, Baltimore still has them
- The late legendary (Baltimore) Colts kicker Lou Michaels appearing in the clouds to rain only on Jordan Gay (and you can imagine how). Michaels once had a game in 1966 where he kicked 5 field goals and had 2 sacks as a defensive end. He was also once supposedly thrown out of a tavern he owned, which is why I think he might manifest with both Ryan brothers on a sideline.
- Dedes calling Solomon Wilcots "Solly" during the play by play and Wilcots responding by calling Spero "Sperorama".
- A sack by the Bills that will lead to a 15 yard penalty gain by the Ravens.
- A sack by the Ravens that will lead to the Bills losing yards.
- A poetic sideline shot that should be in slow motion, of an upset Rob Ryan charging down the sidelines, hair flying in the wind.
- Announcers Spero Dedes & Solly Wilcots getting into a fistfight on air because they've finally had enough of one another and don't want to do any more Bills games together.
- An appearance by olympic medalist Michael Phelps, famous Ravens fan that won't contribute anything to the context.
- Standout game from long snapper Garrison Sanborn who snaps the ball long better then he ever has in his career to offer some optimism that he'll keep snapping the ball long for some time to come.

BillsImpossible
09-10-2016, 08:10 PM
You forgot the "revenge is best served cold," dish on a football platter angle.

I think Tyrod Taylor and the man who is responsible for bringing him to Buffalo (Rex, not Doug) both have a Baltimore chip on their shoulders.

They might be giants, Mace.

Thurmal
09-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Do you think Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots just rent an apartment in Bufflao b/c they know they will be calling 80% of our games? I've watched more games with those two than Madden and Summerall.

Mace
09-10-2016, 08:36 PM
You forgot the "revenge is best served cold," dish on a football platter angle.

I was saving that for when we faced the Falcons with Kroy Biermann. Forgot we cut Biermann and don't play the Falcons.

Mace
09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Do you think Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots just rent an apartment in Bufflao b/c they know they will be calling 80% of our games? I've watched more games with those two than Madden and Summerall.

Almost seems like they're stapled to the team and call at least 12 Bills games a year. I've come to think they live on the team bus.

The odd thing though, is for all the Bills games they call, they'll still misidentify players or pronounce names wrong. I never mind it though, they're a comfortable pair I've gotten used to being around on football Sundays. Come to think of it, maybe they're that couple next door.

stuckincincy
09-10-2016, 09:01 PM

Solly has a college degree in English.

feldspar
09-10-2016, 09:22 PM
The Buffalo Beals...

I just realized that I've missed old Solly.

Turf
09-10-2016, 10:41 PM
- A sack by the Bills that will lead to a 15 yard penalty gain by the Ravens.

My biggest concern, the officials once more.

ICRockets
09-10-2016, 11:06 PM
It's better than Rich Gannon, always talking about "ow-fense"

Generalissimus Gibby
09-11-2016, 01:30 AM
Things to watch for

1) A major injury that will end someone's season
2) A questionable third down call
3) A questionable ref decision
4) Poor Time management by Rex
5) A WTF was that pass by Tyrod
6) A first down for the Ravens on third and forever
7) Players kneeling for the flag
8) Rex Ryan sneaking a jelly donut
9) Marcel's drug dealer seeing if he can get a new market
10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

YardRat
09-11-2016, 04:49 AM
1 - Jerry Hughes effectiveness now that offenses don't have to worry about Mario on the other side. Don't be surprised if Alexander has a better stat line at the end of the game.
2 - Pass rush - Wrecks just doesn't know how to get pressure with four guys, now that 'his defense is being fully implemented' I would expect a little more heat on the QB at times, countered by giving up big plays for first downs and scores.
3 - The right side of the oline. Have Miller and Mills elevated their play to 'average'?
4 - How Roman incorporates the newest shiny toy, Bush, into the offense.