PDA

View Full Version : Greg Roman Is An Idiot...

Luisito23
09-11-2016, 02:59 PM
The guy is completely clueless and so predictable...Can't get plays in on time, continues to call stupid running plays at the wrong time...etc...etc...

I really can't stand this dummy (along with the rest of the clown coaches)

Novacane
09-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Did we throw a pass over 20 yds?

Mahdi
09-11-2016, 03:03 PM
He sticks to the read option no matter what.... We gain some yards here and there but overall it's predictable.

ICRockets
09-11-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm not going to kneejerk over one game, but I expected a lot more from our offense after showing next to nothing in the preseason.

justasportsfan
09-11-2016, 03:10 PM
He is supposedly a well prepared OC on opening day games.

My guess is he was limited by TT .

Thurmal
When you're playing a perennial powerhouse on their field, and hold them to 13 points, all blame for a loss goes to the offense.

ParanoidAndroid
The right side of this O-line is terrible and Roman can't seem to figure out how to use one of the better young receivers in the league, a top 10 TE and a pretty solid backfield.

kingJofNYC
09-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Nothing was better than the QB sweep on 3rd down. Hilarious call.

ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2016, 03:14 PM
My favorite genius play call was after the second time out of the second half on 4th and 7. Every single eligible receiver was on the same side of the field 2 seconds into the play.

Novacane
09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
When you're playing a perennial powerhouse on their field, and hold them to 13 points, all blame for a loss goes to the offense.

I agree. That should win most games. That's the only positive to take from today

ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2016, 03:39 PM
The Ravens defense would like to thank Greg Roman for the #1 defensive ranking for week one.

stuckincincy
09-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Dated info. BAL is still trying to recover from putting 20 players on IR through last season. There is no silver lining to be found in this loss.

SpikedLemonade
09-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Yes he is.

Turf
09-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I've been saying from the start he's a ****ing idiot.

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2016, 03:58 PM
There's a reason 49er fans were happy to see him gone.

sahlensguy
09-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Not one downfield attempt. Not one. That's not just being an idiot, it's he's castrated. No fun at all. It's not weather you win or lose, it's HOW you play the game. They didn't even show up.

DraftBoy
09-11-2016, 04:31 PM
My biggest connection with him is his insistence to run pre-determined passing concepts despite what the defense was doing.

In the first half there were at least 5 plays where Watkins was given a 7-10 yard cushion by the CB. His love to utilize Watkins as a deep decoy to clear the coverage and throw the ball to the slot WR, TE, or RB running a route into the vacated area. The issue is that the defense is giving your best playmakers 7 yards of space. Run a quick hitch or quick slant to get the ball in his hands and see if he can't make him miss. Worst case scenario (assuming no drop) is a 4-6 yard gain.

That's called taking what the defense gives you, not what Taylor told the media after the game.

kingJofNYC
09-11-2016, 06:41 PM
My biggest connection with him is his insistence to run pre-determined passing concepts despite what the defense was doing.

In the first half there were at least 5 plays where Watkins was given a 7-10 yard cushion by the CB. His love to utilize Watkins as a deep decoy to clear the coverage and throw the ball to the slot WR, TE, or RB running a route into the vacated area. The issue is that the defense is giving your best playmakers 7 yards of space. Run a quick hitch or quick slant to get the ball in his hands and see if he can't make him miss. Worst case scenario (assuming no drop) is a 4-6 yard gain.

That's called taking what the defense gives you, not what Taylor told the media after the game.
We don't move horizontally in the pass game, he refuses to do so. Very few drags, slants, crosses. It's all speed outs, curls, comebacks or deep shots, everything has a vertical stem.

Mace
09-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Roman's biggest fault imho is who he has to rely on for his passing game calls.

Insightful article if anyone calms enough to read it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/01/12/kawakami-blaming-greg-roman-is-pure-49ers-folly/

feldspar
09-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Roman's biggest fault imho is who he has to rely on for his passing game calls.

Insightful article if anyone calms enough to read it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/01/12/kawakami-blaming-greg-roman-is-pure-49ers-folly/

You really have nothing to base a presumption that what somebody says happened in San Francisco continues here. I don't see Harbaugh anywhere

Mace
09-11-2016, 07:06 PM
You really have nothing to base a presumption that what somebody says happened in San Francisco continues here. I don't see Harbaugh anywhere

I have plenty. Roman never does his own passing game. San Francisco had the same slow convoluted play calling process we have in getting plays off late.

feldspar
09-11-2016, 07:07 PM
I have plenty.

Let's hear some then...

Mace
09-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Let's hear some then...

Read the previous link.

Here's another :

New #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) OC Greg Roman will concentrate mainly on run game. QB coach David Lee & WR coach Sanjay Lal will focus on passing game.
— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) January 26, 2015 (https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/559819420407582721)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/1/27/7920947/buffalo-bills-greg-roman-offense-david-lee-sanjay-lal-passing-game

This is all being brought up, because the biggest argument to Greg Roman's offense was on who the real culprit behind the issues were. One of the many arguments was there were too many cooks in the kitchen, with (then) quarterback's coach Geep Chryst calling plays in the red zone, Roman calling run plays, other coaches giving a call, and Jim Harbaugh as the central hub to relay the final decision to his quarterback.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/15/9736210/was-greg-romans-offense-to-blame-in-san-francisco

feldspar
09-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Read the previous link.

Here's another :

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/1/27/7920947/buffalo-bills-greg-roman-offense-david-lee-sanjay-lal-passing-game

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/15/9736210/was-greg-romans-offense-to-blame-in-san-francisco

OK, thanks.

I haven't heard much about this in Buffalo, though. The link you gave says roman will mainly focus on the Run "per a report." And this report happened before Roman set foot on the field in Buffalo...by Vic Carucci, who I've known to be wrong before.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If it's true, it should be more out in the open as a bigger story.i only see Roman with a headset calling the plays. If the QB and WR coach are in his ear DURING the game (?) I sure would like to know how that works exactly...and maybe stop doing that.

Mace
09-11-2016, 07:42 PM
OK, thanks.

I haven't heard much about this in Buffalo, though. The link you gave says roman will mainly focus on the Run "per a report." And this report happened before Roman set foot on the field in Buffalo...by Vic Carucci, who I've known to be wrong before.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If it's true, it should be more out in the open as a bigger story.i only see Roman with a headset calling the plays. If the QB and WR coach are in his ear DURING the game (?) I sure would like to know how that works exactly...and maybe stop doing that.

I'm thinking about sending the question to Sullivan or Carucci's mailbag. I've been complaining about it since we hired Roman (and Lee/Lal) because I used to read the Niners SB nation site. Imho, it's a flaw, sure, that Roman doesn't do passing game (from what I understand), but then the point becomes who does ?

It's interesting that SF had a convoluted play calling process and we seem to as well (per the glacial pace). It's also interesting (to me), they brought Roman in for run game, and the Bills went from 24th to 1st, passing game sank from 18th to 28th (with some allowance for running more).

Lee/Lal (if true) don't really have a stellar passing game history.

I don't really know why everyone is all over Roman after 1 game in the season though, regardless.

jpdex12
09-11-2016, 10:11 PM
yeah, this took the cake! How come we watch teams like the Cowboys run a fake pitch and hand off to the fullback for three yards or run some play action and roll out and hit the TE for a 4 yard gain on 3rd and 1 but we run a QB sweep? We watched this all of last year with Roman and then it took Watkins to call him out before Sammy put up Pro-bowl numbers afterward. It's just one game and the first game but honestly...it's the same misery as last year with the offense and they are supposed to be better than the defense until week 5?

HHURRICANE
09-11-2016, 10:17 PM
If you don't test the field deep you aren't making crosses over the middle.

We never attempted anything long today.

Just stupid.

paladin warrior
09-12-2016, 02:14 AM
agree

Skooby
09-12-2016, 04:22 AM
I think our average coach's IQ is ~85, which is about half of Belichick. That reared it's ugly head in Baltimore, terrible game calling. The Ravens suck and we could win, if we had any smart coaches.

DraftBoy
09-12-2016, 06:02 AM
We don't move horizontally in the pass game, he refuses to do so. Very few drags, slants, crosses. It's all speed outs, curls, comebacks or deep shots, everything has a vertical stem.

I would taken a speed out, curl, or comeback for Watkins. They ran one in the whole first half despite his coverage cushion and he caught it for a first down. Take what the defense gives you and make the game easier for Taylor.

GreedoII
09-12-2016, 06:52 AM
The guy is completely clueless and so predictable...Can't get plays in on time, continues to call stupid running plays at the wrong time...etc...etc...

I really can't stand this dummy (along with the rest of the clown coaches)

Is this a thread about Nate Hackett you brought out? It's the QB..but they are running an offence from 1975 so maybe it's both or the entire franchise or..eff it I hate this team again

Cleve
09-12-2016, 06:53 AM
My guess is he was limited by TT .

My opinion of Tie-Rod hasn't changed. He's just another interim, mediocre QB keeping 'the chair warm' while the Bills wait and wait and wait for a true franchise QB. Given all the running and rushing, he probably won't stay healthy for the entire season either; that seems to be the biggest problem with the so called "running" QBs - too frequent injuries.

When was the last time the Bills had a decent QB? Doug Flutie?

Cleve
09-12-2016, 06:56 AM
I think our average coach's IQ is ~85, which is about half of Belichick. That reared it's ugly head in Baltimore, terrible game calling. The Ravens suck and we could win, if we had any smart coaches.

The Ravens did their best to give the win to the Bills; Flacco looked like a statue out there - but the Bills' Rex Ryan forged offense is so mediocre, they couldn't capitalize. The outcome seemed determined not by the cliche "Which team wants it more?" but instead - Which team wanted it less? Both teams looked poor - the Bills were just the worst of the two.