PDA

View Full Version : Intentional grounding?

OpIv37
09-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Apparently Joe Flacco is immune to the rules. There were at least 3 times where he should have been called but wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. The O was a complete **** show and it isn't the refs' fault that we lost. But those calls were completely inexcusable.

Skooby
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Ard you blaming the refs ?? Everytime we might shine, it's penalty time.

Figster
09-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Apparently Joe Flacco is immune to the rules. There were at least 3 times where he should have been called but wasn't.

Don't get me wrong. The O was a complete **** show and it isn't the refs' fault that we lost. But those calls were completely inexcusable.

Awww man was I pissed,

what the hell was up with that...

stuckincincy
09-11-2016, 06:05 PM
After 16 years on the outs, The words from cartoonist Walt Kelly and his character, "Pogo", surely applies:

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=we+have+met+the+enemy+and+he+is+us&biw=1683&bih=899&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi1m8L9tojPAhXEbT4KHUVCDXsQ_AUIBigB

OpIv37
09-11-2016, 06:06 PM

Win, lose or draw, bad calls by the refs are inexcusable. They had at least 3 of the same type of bad call go in their favor.

Figster
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Did you even watch the game?

If you did you would have noticed his football not reaching the line of scrimmage on numerous occassions with nobody anywhere near the football.

It was officiating brain farts...

Skooby
09-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Did you even watch the game?

If you did you would have noticed his football not reaching the line of scrimmage on numerous occassions with nobody anywhere near the football.

It was officiating brain farts...

Mostly against the Bills, at the worst times as well.

stuckincincy
09-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Win, lose or draw, bad calls by the refs are inexcusable. They had at least 3 of the same type of bad call go in their favor.

Whining hasn't worked for 16 years and it's not going to work now.

OpIv37
09-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Not sure how pointing out blatant errors by the officials constitutes "whining." I said it wasn't the reason why we lost.

Skooby
09-11-2016, 06:30 PM

Funny how is lasted this long, too many terrible calls by the refs for a long time.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Yep I agree.

trapezeus
09-11-2016, 09:04 PM
They also called TT for one when he was outside the tackle box. If you are a pocket passer with multiple super bowl wins, you are treated differently. If you are athletic, there are no rules to the abuse you can take

IlluminatusUIUC
09-11-2016, 10:49 PM
They also called TT for one when he was outside the tackle box. If you are a pocket passer with multiple super bowl wins, you are treated differently. If you are athletic, there are no rules to the abuse you can take

I wonder if those Denver linebackers that tried to separate Cam Newton's head from his body would even be in the league today if they hit Brady that way.

stuckincincy
09-11-2016, 11:24 PM
I wonder if those Denver linebackers that tried to separate Cam Newton's head from his body would even be in the league today if they hit Brady that way.

If they were Steelers players, it would be a tough call.

DraftBoy
09-12-2016, 06:05 AM
I mentioned this last year because Brady does the exact same thing every time he faces pressure.

To me if you're not trying to complete the pass, or clearly throwing the ball away then it should be grounding. This bailout that you can chuck the ball at the feet of the RB or TE that was kept in pass protect but is still an eligible receiver is crap.

The Beef
09-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Anyone got a good explanation for the unsportsmanlike penalty on the FG? Dude jumped straight up while getting blocked, did not jump over and land on a player. Jumping is illegal now?

Buffalogic
09-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Not to mention Balt O-line was holding the entire game. There was a point there where every penalty thrown was called against the bills.

Close game? You can bet the farm the bills will be called for a back breaking penalty and the other team's infractions will go unnoticed. It's ridiculous, but I'm developing an immunity to it.