PDA

View Full Version : New England busts out the "Stupid ray" again

IlluminatusUIUC
09-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Something about New England on the other sideline just makes teams play like complete idiots. I tune in to see Arizona down by 1 with the ball inside NE's 30, 1st and 10. Result?

Run to nowhere
Holding call
Idiot pass behind the line that costs another 3 yards
Throw short of the sticks
Bad snap, missed field goal

Its incredible.

GingerP
09-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Arizona should have gone to Johnson more, that kid is unbelievable. NE was playing 2 deep all game to prevent the big play and were willing to give up the underneath stuff and play a 7-man box. Arizona should be have been more patient.

Joe Fo Sho
09-11-2016, 10:39 PM
They're a bunch of cork shiners, if you ask me.

stuckincincy
09-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Arizona should have gone to Johnson more, that kid is unbelievable. NE was playing 2 deep all game to prevent the big play and were willing to give up the underneath stuff and play a 7-man box. Arizona should be have been more patient.

I haven't watched Palmer much since he left Cincy, but his physical talents tempt any OC.

YardRat
09-12-2016, 05:57 AM
lol...I was actually looking forward to getting up this morning and seeing how badly NE got smoked.

HHURRICANE
09-12-2016, 06:05 AM
A win on the road against a very good Cardinals team.

Yep Pats will win division again.

GreedoII
09-12-2016, 06:50 AM
A win on the road against a very good Cardinals team.

Yep Pats will win division again.

Check that...win the Superbowl...again

sahlensguy
09-12-2016, 06:56 AM
Check that...win the Superbowl...again

Gronk want even playing...Bennett is a beast and a great blocker. The two headed TE formation monster will be rather amazing. But why, why, of all teams does it have to be New England...

Cleve
09-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Looks like the Patriots backup QB is superior to the Bills starting QB. Once again, New England with tremendous depth of talent on the roster. Bills coaching and management seems unable to identify and procure quality players, top to bottom.

It's Russ Brandon Syndrome - the Bills are all about some flashy, 'marketable' talent selection, like Rex Ryan, rather than building quietly, a solid top to bottom football franchise. Bills need to keep the marketing department's fingers off the player/coaching selection, but they don't.

Pegula should have given the entire front office pink slips when he took over - but he didn't. He made the same basic mistake with the Sabres by retaining Regier and Co, and is reaping the same results.

Gotta give Pegula credit - at least he's consistent; consistently makes the same mistakes. Maybe he will figure it out, as he did with the Sabres, and the Bills will start to truly 'rebuild' next year?

ICRockets
09-12-2016, 07:36 AM
It's Russ Brandon Syndrome - the Bills are all about some flashy, 'marketable' talent selection, like Rex Ryan, rather than building quietly, a solid top to bottom football franchise.

Building quietly requires patience, which our cancerous fanbase has none of. Just look at everybody ****ting themselves today after a single loss.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Something about New England on the other sideline just makes teams play like complete idiots. I tune in to see Arizona down by 1 with the ball inside NE's 30, 1st and 10. Result?

Run to nowhere
Holding call
Idiot pass behind the line that costs another 3 yards
Throw short of the sticks
Bad snap, missed field goal

Its incredible.

I agree.

Everybody is doing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAtW0hua9rE#t=7.602784

trapezeus
09-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Cleve we have a huge Brandon apologist following here. Your accurate statements will be contested, sad to
say

G
09-12-2016, 08:14 AM
look no further than new england to see what a great nfl franchise looks like. they march into arizona to face a superbowl caliber team, led by a second year qb without brady, no gronk, a patchwork oline, chandler jones on the other sideline, and they still play like pros and win like circumstances are all irrelevant.

trapezeus
09-12-2016, 10:26 AM
How can people say the above and not think cheating and other advantages. They are total outlier. No other team could do that. They literally have no talent and beat a top 5 team on road.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:04 PM
How can people say the above and not think cheating and other advantages. They are total outlier. No other team could do that. They literally have no talent and beat a top 5 team on road.

Belly Check is a genius.

paladin warrior
09-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Lucky Dog.... AZ :curse:missed FG . :monkeyp:Patriots

sahlensguy
09-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Lucky Dog.... AZ :curse:missed FG . :monkeyp:Patriots

Lucky at the end, yes. But give the Patriots credit. Unlike the Bills they came prepared and came out blazing. Garoppolo had 5 yards less passing in the first quarter than Tyrod did all game. We played not to lose. They didn't.

Mace
09-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Belly Check is a genius.

He really is. He's well prepared, they use what talent they have the best it can be used, focused & determined. Every game is their game, you have to take it from them if you can. Like it or not, they're an awesome organization whether or not some people don't want to believe it.

GingerP
09-12-2016, 09:02 PM
He really is. He's well prepared, they use what talent they have the best it can be used, focused & determined. Every game is their game, you have to take it from them if you can. Like it or not, they're an awesome organization whether or not some people don't want to believe it.

I thought one of the keys to the game was their kick coverage, which is a sign of good preparation. They were popping up kicks and covering them, pinning Arizona deep. I think the Cardinals had an average of the 18 yard line when they got kick-offs. 2 of their 3 TDs came on short fields after turnovers (the other the Pats stopped them on the 21 after a kickoff and they drove the length of the field). In the NFL, it is hard to score when you have to go the length of the field, and this was a good example of that. Not a lot of teams could execute those short kicks and cover them, that is a sign of a good team being prepared well and executing. It is why they say ST are such a big factor.

Victor7
09-13-2016, 01:31 PM
First time starter, No Gronk, patchwork OL and visiting an NFL powerhouse.

No problemo for Cheat Artist Extraordinaire Belichik.

Embarrassing if you are Zona's defensive unit players and coaches alike to have basically a rookie torch you like that. Also embarrassing for Tyrod Taylor to know Garopolo threw for almost your exact total in the 1st quarter alone.

Any homers wanna revise their Bills vs Patriots prediction ??

As I've said all along we will lose that game. Even without Brady. That's just life. Pats beat the Bills, no matter what, when, where and how.

Arm of Harm
09-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Building quietly requires patience, which our cancerous fanbase has none of. Just look at everybody ****ting themselves today after a single loss.

Our "cancerous" fan base has avidly--one might almost say fanatically--supported this team for the entire duration of the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. This level of fan support deserves much better results than those the front office has given us.

As for the Ravens game--it isn't about the fact the Bills now have one loss. It's about the weaknesses which were exposed in the process.

Had it been up to Whaley, the Bills' starting QB for the 2015 season would have been decided by a QB competition between E.J. Manuel and Matt Cassel. Ryan's suggestion that the Bills add Taylor to the roster helped hide Whaley's utter inability to evaluate QB talent. It now appears as though Ryan's bailout of Whaley at the QB position may have lasted one season only. The Ravens have revealed the antidote to Taylor; much like Bill Belichick and the Patriots unveiled the antidote to Drew Bledsoe. Now that the antidote to Taylor has been unveiled, other teams are likely to start using it. (Much like other teams used the antidote to Drew Bledsoe that the Patriots had unveiled.)

What we're faced with is a team without a QB, without a GM capable of evaluating QB talent, and a new owner who botched his first head coaching hire. There is no reason to believe our playoff drought will end any time soon.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Our "cancerous" fan base has avidly--one might almost say fanatically--supported this team for the entire duration of the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. This level of fan support deserves much better results than those the front office has given us.

As for the Ravens game--it isn't about the fact the Bills now have one loss. It's about the weaknesses which were exposed in the process.

Had it been up to Whaley, the Bills' starting QB for the 2015 season would have been decided by a QB competition between E.J. Manuel and Matt Cassel. Ryan's suggestion that the Bills add Taylor to the roster helped hide Whaley's utter inability to evaluate QB talent. It now appears as though Ryan's bailout of Whaley at the QB position may have lasted one season only. The Ravens have revealed the antidote to Taylor; much like Bill Belichick and the Patriots unveiled the antidote to Drew Bledsoe. Now that the antidote to Taylor has been unveiled, other teams are likely to start using it. (Much like other teams used the antidote to Drew Bledsoe that the Patriots had unveiled.)

What we're faced with is a team without a QB, without a GM capable of evaluating QB talent, and a new owner who botched his first head coaching hire. There is no reason to believe our playoff drought will end any time soon.

Tyrod was exposed in the Pro Bowl.

Force him to be an actual QB and to throw over the middle and he's total garbage.

At least he didn't turn it over, so he did better than I expected Sunday.

Cleve
09-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Tyrod was exposed in the Pro Bowl.

I thought he was amazingly bad in the Pro Bowl - that's a no pressure game, everyone is having fun, and QBs tend to throw all sorts of pretty passes because of the lack of defense. Even then, the guy sucked. I'm surprised that more fans didn't talk about the stinker he laid in that game. When a QB can't execute in a friendly scrimmage, that doesn't bode well for actual games.

stuckincincy
09-13-2016, 11:19 PM
I thought he was amazingly bad in the Pro Bowl - that's a no pressure game, everyone is having fun, and QBs tend to throw all sorts of pretty passes because of the lack of defense. Even then, the guy sucked. I'm surprised that more fans didn't talk about the stinker he laid in that game. When a QB can't execute in a friendly scrimmage, that doesn't bode well for actual games.

BUF could help Taylor by obtaining a really gifted pass catch RB. Screens, WR screens to a nifty-footed one with a stack of receivers to block. Draw plays.
Pulling guards and counter plays. Their receiver corps isn't all that, so they should work on drawing in DL and LB pressure to their advantage, and strand DBs over the middle.