PDA

View Full Version : Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins could be shut down for weeks.....

daryls61
09-12-2016, 09:05 AM
FML

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Bills star WR Sammy Watkins could be shut down for several weeks, if not longer, with foot issue. Story: <a href="https://t.co/QzsZJlRgnv">https://t.co/QzsZJlRgnv</a></p>&mdash; Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775331784213094402">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The feeling now is whether Watkins can manage the pain in his foot. There was a thought Sunday night that he could miss the rest of the season. Medical personnel have informed Watkins and the team that there is no surgical remedy for the issue at this time. It's possible, however, that Watkins could be shut down for several weeks, or possibly longer, depending on how his foot responds.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/no-break-foot-issue-sideline-bills-sammy-watkins-article-1.2788457

kingJofNYC
09-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Sounds about right. Week 1 and the season is pretty much over.

See you guys next year!

Scumbag College
09-12-2016, 09:11 AM
It's not like they threw it to him that much anyways.

ICRockets
09-12-2016, 09:15 AM
I heard from a doctor's wife that if you put onions in your socks you can suck all the toxins out of your feet.

Joe Fo Sho
09-12-2016, 09:17 AM
I heard from a doctor's wife that if you put onions in your socks you can suck all the toxins out of your feet.

Pretty sure Rex will do that for free.

Buffalo Thriller
09-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Here's to 4-12 gentlemen.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2016, 09:23 AM
It's not like they threw it to him that much anyways.
Jimmy Smith shut him down.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Sammy is a little sensitive like most of the Bills squad, these guys want to be IR'd so they don't have to live through this debacle.

Thurmal
09-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Sammy Watkins is like a Porsche that you get to drive and show off like once a month and the rest of the time it's in the shop or up on blocks in your garage.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Trading two 1st and a 4th is looking better and better.

HHURRICANE
09-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Sammy Watkins is like a Porsche that you get to drive and show off like once a month and the rest of the time it's in the shop or up on blocks in your garage.

I own two Porsches and I can tell you Sammy ain't no Porsche.

At least my cars start after sitting in the garage for a while.

HHURRICANE
09-12-2016, 09:39 AM
We have Goodwin...disaster averted.

Buffalogic
09-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Tank on

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Watkins is made of paper.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 09:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/12/report-sammy-watkins-still-dealing-with-foot-problems/#comment-5228612

Cleve
09-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Let's start calling him "Mr. Glass"

This team has so little depth of talent - that the loss of Watkins or Taylor or McCoy are devastating. I saw no one in the pre-season second or third string that could even come close to being a decent substitute for Watkins.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 09:51 AM
I own two Porsches and I can tell you Sammy ain't no Porsche.

At least my cars start after sitting in the garage for a while.

I had 2 high end BMW and had to get rid of one because half power engine malfunction kept popping up, same thing for Sammy. Excuses for the dude really need to stop, we aren't getting much of a return at all.

daryls61
09-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Not sure if this is good news or not. Maybe he will never be better?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills don&#39;t see any procedure that will alleviate the issue for Watkins after continued consultation with doctors. Pain threshold issue.</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/775349163391410177">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 10:09 AM
AKA quit being a pussy and suck it up

BuffRanger
09-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Made of glass. Another in a long line of terrible moves by Brandon / Whaley.

EDS
09-12-2016, 10:13 AM
I really hope there is a lot of hyperbole in the reporting on this issue. Chronic foot pain would be really bad news for Sammie and the Bills given how his big play ability is so essential to the teams offensive successes.

daryls61
09-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Maybe he plays through it??

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> WR Sammy Watkins will likely have to play through pain this year. Nothing surgically to do. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> don’t plan on shutting him down.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/775352176520601600">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

Historian
09-12-2016, 10:18 AM
What a creampuff.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 10:20 AM
He better play through it. The guy is quickly becoming one of my most hated Bills ever.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Doesn't matter, Tyrod barely looks at him anyway.

He had Jimmy Smith beat on a few plays and Tyrod never even noticed.

Cleve
09-12-2016, 10:47 AM

I was thinking similarly - the Bills may have to sideline a receiver that Tie-Rod probably won't throw to anyway.

I see Tie-Rod, I see EJ Emanuele, I see Blitzpatrick, I see Deadwards, I see Loseman, and I see the same basic guy, in various disguises, as the Bills' QB year after year after year.

ICRockets
09-12-2016, 11:26 AM
He better play through it. The guy is quickly becoming one of my most hated Bills ever.

Umm...why? Did he kill your dog?

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Sammy made of glass watkins. The fact that they used two first round picks in this ****ing guy makes me sick

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Between him, spiller and Lawson I think this Clemson first round experiment should be f$$&ing over

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 12:19 PM

Because he's a giant pussy.

Cleve
09-12-2016, 12:19 PM

You know, even if he "Plays through it" the Bills may have still lost him, in a way.

If the injury slows him, or impairs his mobility and agility, then he becomes an average or below average receiver - not the 'difference maker' the Bills hoped for. Yeah, he'd be there in name, but insofar as effectiveness, he's just another 2nd string receiver perhaps?

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 12:22 PM
You know, even if he "Plays through it" the Bills may have still lost him, in a way.

If the injury slows him, or impairs his mobility and agility, then he becomes an average or below average receiver - not the 'difference maker' the Bills hoped for. Yeah, he'd be there in name, but insofar as effectiveness, he's just another 2nd string receiver perhaps?

No way. If he's on the field, he'll draw the most attention from opposing Defenses. The issue isn't that he can't play, the issue is that he seems to have the pain tolerance of a 6 year old girl.

jimmifli
09-12-2016, 12:22 PM

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="775349163391410177" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like plantar fasciitis.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Sounds like plantar fasciitis.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Sounds like a torn labia

jimmifli
09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a torn labia

I'm sure he has no problem dealing with the pain. But pain causes an automatic response in the nervous system, just like touching something hot. If the pain is intense enough to cause a reaction like that, it isn't a matter of being tough. He plants his foot in the ground, and his body pulls it back before it even registers in his brain.

Bunch of babies here lashing out because their ****ty team is ****ty.

Cleve
09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
No way. If he's on the field, he'll draw the most attention from opposing Defenses. The issue isn't that he can't play, the issue is that he seems to have the pain tolerance of a 6 year old girl.

His rep will carry him only so far. Other teams carefully study the video footage of every player after every game - if defensive coordinators start to see he's playing sub-par due to injury, and he isn't as big a threat, they'll cover him accordingly.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I'm sure he has no problem dealing with the pain. But pain causes an automatic response in the nervous system, just like touching something hot. If the pain is intense enough to cause a reaction like that, it isn't a matter of being tough. He plants his foot in the ground, and his body pulls it back before it even registers in his brain.

Thank you for the lesson on the central nervous system. I've never hurt myself before, so it's good to know what it would feel like.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2016, 02:16 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills don&#39;t see any procedure that will alleviate the issue for Watkins after continued consultation with doctors. Pain threshold issue.</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/775349163391410177">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

Aka imabigpussyitis

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Racist!

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:23 PM

TT can't see him because he can't see past his own OL.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:24 PM

No one...one no one is killing any dogs here.

Does anyone want my recipe for cat marinade?

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Because he's a giant pussy.

I disagree.

Pussies are useful.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Why insult 6 year old girls?

They are much tougher than Sammy.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Sounds like a torn labia

My ex-wife had that.

Sorry...I read that as worn rather than torn.

Either way, I was responsible for each.

Mea Culpa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjK30nhy7CU

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Unfortunately, I am an expert on this subject matter and you are right.

Mace
09-12-2016, 08:47 PM
He said his foot felt "tired".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/12/sammy-watkins-im-definitely-playing-this-week/

I mean I can understand pain in a foot. A tired foot is beyond me unless you had a stroke or something. Nerve damage ? No clue.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2016, 10:39 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/12/sammy-watkins-im-definitely-playing-this-week/

I mean I can understand pain in a foot. A tired foot is beyond me unless you had a stroke or something. Nerve damage ? No clue.

What a terrible terrible terrible lie. This kid is such a ****ing panty waste. I want real football players back in Buffalo. Where's Andre Reed? I guarantee he would outplay Sammy even at his age because he doesn't have a big fat sloppy pussy holding him down.

paladin warrior
09-13-2016, 12:21 AM
He is a wimp

Cleve
09-13-2016, 06:34 AM

Maybe the team trainers should invest in some Dr. Scholl's products for him?

DraftBoy
09-13-2016, 06:36 AM

Yea, I didn't exactly get his comment either. Did it fall asleep during the game or something? If so that's a bit concerning.

Mahdi
09-13-2016, 08:06 AM
I think everyone is reading too much into his words.

He said it 10 different ways because he was asked the same question 10 times in that interview.

Bottom line, real game action caused his surgically repaired foot to be sore.

Dez Bryant and Julio Jones went through the same side effects after this injury.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Sammy said he's playing, and that it's been over blown.

I apologize for calling you a vagina, Sammy.

Joe Fo Sho
09-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Sammy said he's playing, and that it's been over blown.

I apologize for calling you a vagina, Sammy.

Haha, Sammy takes so much crap for being made of glass. The fact is that he's started 30 out of 33 games in his career. Sure he's got injured and left during the games and he's constantly on the injury report, but he definitely tries to play through his pain.

I'm more upset with the offense's lack of targeting him than his injury history.

Cleve
09-13-2016, 10:53 AM
All the talented WRs in the world won't make a difference if the team lacks a effective QB that can fully use them. Same basic issue with the Bills for the past 8 or 9 seasons.

Mace
09-13-2016, 06:05 PM
I think everyone is reading too much into his words.

He said it 10 different ways because he was asked the same question 10 times in that interview.

Bottom line, real game action caused his surgically repaired foot to be sore.

Dez Bryant and Julio Jones went through the same side effects after this injury.

If he was asked the same question 10 times, and there was only one answer, why not just give the same answer.

- "foot felt a little sore"
-"it was a little sore."
- "foot was sore"
- "sore foot"
-"it was sore"
-"the foot was sore"
-"it WAS SORE"
-"FEELS SORE"
-"SORE"
-"I ****ing said my ****ing foot was ****ing sore"

I mean if it was sore or hurt a little, that's enough of an answer no matter how many times you say it.