PDA

View Full Version : I just cant...

The King
09-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I might sell my tickets to the Cards game. I love coming to Buffalo and watching a game at the Ralph. But what I saw yesterday was just so uninspired, I don't mind losing but to lose like that is just repulsive. If the Bills dont put on a show Thursday Night, I'll have two 2nd row seats available.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Average price of the tickets got cut by 1/3 after one game, it's going to get much worse soon.

OpIv37
09-12-2016, 10:59 AM
That's why I haven't been to a home game in years and didn't buy tix when they were playing just a few miles from my house yesterday (i did go down near the stadium and tailgate with some other Bills fans before the game though).

If we do everything on the cheap, it's $150 for tix, $150-200 for two nights in a hotel, $100 for gas, plus parking, food and drink- easily a $500 weekend. It's just not worth it when the team plays like this.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2016, 11:09 AM
yea, i'm super annoyed now i bought plane tickets and game tickets to seattle. that should be an epic nightmare.

The King
09-12-2016, 11:15 AM
That's why I haven't been to a home game in years and didn't buy tix when they were playing just a few miles from my house yesterday (i did go down near the stadium and tailgate with some other Bills fans before the game though).

If we do everything on the cheap, it's $150 for tix, $150-200 for two nights in a hotel, $100 for gas, plus parking, food and drink- easily a $500 weekend. It's just not worth it when the team plays like this.

Yea. I spent about 180 ea. on tickets. Just booked my hotel (refundable) and it would cost me about 200$ in gas to make the trek, so even taking a loss on the tickets is coming out pretty clean.

Lawson
Ragland
Dareus
Lawson 2.0
Henderson
Watkins

It's just a mess.

Mr. Miyagi
09-12-2016, 11:34 AM
I might sell my tickets to the Cards game. I love coming to Buffalo and watching a game at the Ralph. But what I saw yesterday was just so uninspired, I don't mind losing but to lose like that is just repulsive. If the Bills dont put on a show Thursday Night, I'll have two 2nd row seats available.
Bailing the wagon after one game?

Skooby
09-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Yea. I spent about 180 ea. on tickets. Just booked my hotel (refundable) and it would cost me about 200$ in gas to make the trek, so even taking a loss on the tickets is coming out pretty clean.

Lawson
Ragland
Dareus
Lawson 2.0
Henderson
Watkins

It's just a mess.

It's a hot mess. I've been warning you guys about it and got torn a new one in the process, so now you see the final product. We have an off injured #1 WR and a better looking version of EJ for $15 Million, what's Tyrod's value right now ?? Maybe a late 4th round at best, $15 Million later ? We needed to lock this dude down ??

It's time to chop the head off the snake right now, Russ or bust.

Historian
09-12-2016, 11:37 AM
They could play great the next two weeks. They seem to like it at home.

Long term prognosis though, is that I believe they're on the fast track to nowhere.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 11:37 AM

If you thought our 7 points was a game, good for you. Do small blocks make you happy or connect 4 ?

Skooby
09-12-2016, 11:40 AM
They could play great the next two weeks. They seem to like it at home.

Long term prognosis though, is that I believe they're on the fast track to nowhere.

Based on history, there's a decent chance to grab some wins over the Jets or Miami but like you said the team is fast tracking to the ditch. We have no depth, like at all. Our starters aren't organized and there's no sych or rhythm, it's hard to watch. I'm not going to re-watch the game like usual, I'd have to have an empty stomach and unlimited alcohol. I need a break after yesterday, it was sickening.

trapezeus
09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
More and more of these types of thread pop up from
some of the guys who you thought would never lose faith.

We we really need to organize and put pressure on the org to get rid of Brandon. We can't get real coaches or gms because they don't want to be part of the marketing gimmicks. And Brandon meddles enough to try to say he's helping but throws the coaches and gm under the bus when the fans have had enough

i hate for it to happen to the pegulas as this is Ralph's old garbage, but they are the ones keeping him involved. And without a structured voice, the bills will ignore making the change that is required.

Joe Fo Sho
09-12-2016, 11:50 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/021/158/bleach.jpg

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2016, 12:21 PM
I won't spend a dime to go to a Bills game until they make the playoffs. So, yeah, see you never, Orchard Park.

jimmifli
09-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Nobody empties the wagons like the Buffalo Bills™

The King
09-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Not at all. I will continue to watch every game, and I will root for the week in and out. But I am not going to spend $700 to drive home angry. That money could go to far better use.

YardRat
09-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Want some real perspective on the offense? In the Oakland/New Orleans match-up yesterday...

QB Drew Brees had more net yards passing on one play than Buffalo had for an entire game.
RB J. Richards had more yards rushing on one play than Buffalo had for an entire game.

That is a definition of pure suckage.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Want some real perspective on the offense? In the Oakland/New Orleans match-up yesterday...

QB Drew Brees had more net yards passing on one play than Buffalo had for an entire game.
RB J. Richards had more yards rushing on one play than Buffalo had for an entire game.

That is a definition of pure suckage.

0-16 doesn't look totally out of whack anymore does it ?? Anybody else want to make fun of it ??

Thurmal
09-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Not at all. I will continue to watch every game, and I will root for the week in and out. But I am not going to spend $700 to drive home angry. That money could go to far better use.

You know what the worst part is? If you do go the game, they will get killed, but if you skip it, they will win in historic fashion just b/c they are the Bills and they were created to piss us off.

Joe Fo Sho
09-12-2016, 01:49 PM
0-16 doesn't look totally out of whack anymore does it ?? Anybody else want to make fun of it ??

Yes.

Can we please bet on this?

Albany,n.y.
09-12-2016, 02:06 PM

For years I used to go to NE for the Bills game. I got so sick of going there & seeing them lose every year, having to deal with Rt1 traffic and obnoxious Patriots fans, I haven't been back since 2010. In 2012 I gave up my Bills seasons, because I'm getting too old for a nearly 600 mile round trip drive to watch them continuously suck. I went yesterday because it was easy to fly in & out of Baltimore the same day from Albany. I had a good time before the game started, going to the party at Sliders-then I watched an uninspiring game.
I understand.

HAMMER
09-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I usually make the trek back to WNY from San Diego 2-3 times a season. Since Rex Ryan was hired I refuse to go back for games. I am having a hard time not HATING this team since he arrived.

My 50th is coming up the weekend of the Cards game, I normally try to come back around my birthday and tie a game or two into it. Not this year, this team and coaches are a bunch of flucking pukes. Was going to try and go to the Rams game but tickets are obscenely priced and I can't bear to waste the time or money. Using the money to go to Napa Valley with wifey for five days and try to forget about the Bills. It's to the point that it's almost unbearable anymore. Same schnit, different year.

OpIv37
09-12-2016, 02:11 PM
For years I used to go to NE for the Bills game. I got so sick of going there & seeing them lose every year, having to deal with Rt1 traffic and obnoxious Patriots fans, I haven't been back since 2010. In 2012 I gave up my Bills seasons, because I'm getting too old for a nearly 600 mile round trip drive to watch them continuously suck. I went yesterday because it was easy to fly in & out of Baltimore the same day from Albany. I had a good time before the game started, going to the party at Sliders-then I watched an uninspiring game.
I understand.

I was at Sliders too but I got there a little late.

SpikedLemonade
09-12-2016, 02:20 PM

I wonder if I can drive my e-bike all the way if I stop to recharge it in St. Catherines?

Skooby
09-12-2016, 02:20 PM
I understand.

Uninspiring is quite possibly the understatement of the year.

justasportsfan
09-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I usually make the trek back to WNY from San Diego 2-3 times a season. Since Rex Ryan was hired I refuse to go back for games. I am having a hard time not HATING this team since he arrived.

My 50th is coming up the weekend of the Cards game, I normally try to come back around my birthday and tie a game or two into it. Not this year, this team and coaches are a bunch of flucking pukes. Was going to try and go to the Rams game but tickets are obscenely priced and I can't bear to waste the time or money. Using the money to go to Napa Valley with wifey for five days and try to forget about the Bills. It's to the point that it's almost unbearable anymore. Same schnit, different year.

trying my best to give Rex the benefit of a doubt . He's just not headcoach material.

The team just act like a bunch of idiots out there with penalties.

feldspar
09-12-2016, 03:31 PM
The way it played out, the wind is taken out of my sails as much as anybody's.

But it's not like it was a route. The Bills only lost by six points and actually could have won this game had a couple dumb things not happened, in spite of everything else.

I'll throw in the towel later if this keeps up, but it's just getting started.

Skooby
09-12-2016, 03:37 PM

But it's not like it was a route. The Bills only lost by six points and actually could have won this game had a couple dumb things not happened, in spite of everything else.

The Ravens suck, so us not trashing their team and only scoring 7 means we are in trouble. Spin it anyway you want, we have a problem.

DesertFox24
09-12-2016, 03:37 PM
yea, i'm super annoyed now i bought plane tickets and game tickets to seattle. that should be an epic nightmare.

Seattle is a cool town and some really cool sight seeing and good food.

Mr. Miyagi
09-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Every year there's sky-is-falling overreaction after Week 1. I don't blame you guys but I won't hang myself just yet.

I understand not wanting to spend the $700. Personally I'm already in for that money so I might as well have fun.

But :lolpoint:"get rid of Brandon" people. Really? Russ Brandon didn't see that gaping hole in the middle and ran outside instead? Russ Brandon missed that tackle in the backfield and let them gain the 1st down and run out the clock?

The King
09-12-2016, 03:38 PM

It wasn't a route at all. It was just uninspired. Like my Cartoon this week, I felt I was watching the Dick Jauron Bills. This felt like a 9-6 loss to Cleveland.

sahlensguy
09-12-2016, 03:40 PM

We've seen this with Rex's team and many others. They played, 'not to lose', and of course they did. No guts, no glory. They got what they deserved, in spite of the breaks. I was as disatisfied like most, but after watching what the Patriots did last night against a Superbowl contender, on the road, less Gronk and Brady, it was like pouring hot acid on an open wound.

feldspar
09-12-2016, 03:42 PM
This felt like a 9-6 loss to Cleveland.

I thought of that game too.

The King
09-12-2016, 03:44 PM
I thought of that game too.

There were like 6 of those in the Jauron era. Solid good tackling defense and an offense that craps it's pants 78% of the time.

sahlensguy
09-12-2016, 03:52 PM
It wasn't a route at all. It was just uninspired. Like my Cartoon this week, I felt I was watching the Dick Jauron Bills. This felt like a 9-6 loss to Cleveland.

Oh yeah, the game when Derek Anderson's stat line was 2-17 for 23 yards, 1 int and the W.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Keeping the better QB on the bench, wasting two first round picks and a 4th on a WR, giving a POS $108 million, trading for a dime a dozen position like RB and then overpaying him, 16 years of no playoffs, add in the recent ahole protest like Kapernick and I'm about done with the NFL.

Buckets
09-12-2016, 04:35 PM

More like the last 16 years. It's getting tough to get excited.

G
09-12-2016, 04:43 PM
this was the most awful, boring offensive performance since trent edwards ran our offense. kinda like that embarrassing buffalo cleveland game from 2009. all the ravens did was force taylor to be a passer. which is, you know, the purpose of the entire position he plays. you take away his running lanes, he’s dead in the water. is the blueprint to shut us down out there for good now?

Night Train
09-12-2016, 07:19 PM
There were like 46 of those in the Jauron era.

Corrected

Mace
09-12-2016, 08:24 PM
We've seen this with Rex's team and many others. They played, 'not to lose', and of course they did. No guts, no glory. They got what they deserved, in spite of the breaks. I was as disatisfied like most, but after watching what the Patriots did last night against a Superbowl contender, on the road, less Gronk and Brady, it was like pouring hot acid on an open wound.

I watched a lot of football this weekend. Love the sport, the time of the year, yada yada...

It's not only when you watch the Patriots. For some reason it just looks to me like the Bills just don't seem to play with focus and purpose. Been noticing this for years. Like they don't have a gameplan, every play is brand new. Like a computer opponent in a computer game or every game is like a preseason game of try this and that to see what happens.

I mean other teams aren't successful, sure, but they seem more like they're trying to execute a game plan, just poorly or unsuccessfully.

The Bills, they just seem to throw plays out there and see what happens, or throw some defense out there to see if it works. The defense looked more purposeful this game, no doubt, but I'm not so sure they will next game while maybe the offense works.

Somehow the Bills are just an awkward team to watch, rarely like they ever are trying to apply a methodology, but instead, are always reacting to the opponents way of things.

Most teams will try and dictate, even if poorly. Just doesn't seem the Bills ever do to me. Instead of playing their own game, they always try and counter someone elses. I'm still not really sure what their game really is.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Average price of the tickets got cut by 1/3 after one game, it's going to get much worse soon.

Did your friend/source tell you the Bills were trying to **** the bed on purpose this year? Is that why you came out with that finishing 1-15 or 2-14 thread?

trapezeus
09-13-2016, 08:13 AM

but Baltimore is going to prove to be a bottom half team. This loss will be more pathetic the further we get in the season

HAMMER
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Watching the Steelers, Pats, Broncos over the last few days made me realize there really is no hope, we suck in comparison. I revise my prediction from 8-8 to 4-12.

Albany,n.y.
09-13-2016, 10:38 AM

I can't agree with the playing not to lose part. They went for it twice on 4th down, in one case taking a chance & getting a TD instead of going for a chip shot field goal. Rex may be no Jack Del Rio, but he's certainly no Dick Jauron either.

trapezeus
09-13-2016, 10:59 AM
he also didnt' go for 4th down and short late in the game at midfield twice. that's when you have to try and win the game, and he'll say, "I want my defense to be in a good position to make a stop" and they don't get it for him. If we don't see TT play much much better and see the entire field better, this season is over. i'll wait for week 5, but it doesn't look good

sahlensguy
09-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I watched a lot of football this weekend. Love the sport, the time of the year, yada yada...

It's not only when you watch the Patriots. For some reason it just looks to me like the Bills just don't seem to play with focus and purpose. Been noticing this for years. Like they don't have a gameplan, every play is brand new. Like a computer opponent in a computer game or every game is like a preseason game of try this and that to see what happens.

I mean other teams aren't successful, sure, but they seem more like they're trying to execute a game plan, just poorly or unsuccessfully.

The Bills, they just seem to throw plays out there and see what happens, or throw some defense out there to see if it works. The defense looked more purposeful this game, no doubt, but I'm not so sure they will next game while maybe the offense works.

Somehow the Bills are just an awkward team to watch, rarely like they ever are trying to apply a methodology, but instead, are always reacting to the opponents way of things.

Most teams will try and dictate, even if poorly. Just doesn't seem the Bills ever do to me. Instead of playing their own game, they always try and counter someone elses. I'm still not really sure what their game really is.

I'm not sure what it is either. It would all be different if it wasn't for wide right I guess. It's a monkey on the organization's back that had just gotten heavier and heavier as the mistakes have come. The disfunction only multiplies as time attempts flounder.Desperation follows. Marvelous Marv as GM, yeah no. Buddy Nix just had to find us a qb before he left. He just had to. Whaley had to deal for Sammy. Just had to. It's a long train of desperation. I think they wanted to hire Rex for his light hearted aproach. They just had to.

I'm just venting, but man there were some offenses in midseason form in week one. Teams came out of the gate ready to win the game. Garoppolo came out slinging in his debut. Blake Bortles looked good in a loss. And many others that I didn't catch. We were still in preseason mode like there is no urgency yet again.

I always say that is not weather you win or lose, it's how you play the game, and we just don't play the game to win often enough.

sahlensguy
09-13-2016, 06:44 PM
I can't agree with the playing not to lose part. They went for it twice on 4th down, in one case taking a chance & getting a TD instead of going for a chip shot field goal. Rex may be no Jack Del Rio, but he's certainly no Dick Jauron either.

This team was not prepared to play. Other teams seem to be in a different league.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Watching the Steelers, Pats, Broncos over the last few days made me realize there really is no hope, we suck in comparison. I revise my prediction from 8-8 to 4-12.

Watching other teams for years makes one realize just how far away a team like the Bills really are.

They could technically catch lightning in a bottle one of these years with Tyrod at QB and get a nice wild card exit from the playoffs but they're not a team that is built anywhere near good enough to be a legitimate contender. And it doesn't matter if they're in the same division as the Pats, in another division they'd run into a team like the Steelers or Broncos that you mentioned.

Mace
09-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Watching other teams for years makes one realize just how far away a team like the Bills really are.

They could technically catch lightning in a bottle one of these years with Tyrod at QB and get a nice wild card exit from the playoffs but they're not a team that is built anywhere near good enough to be a legitimate contender. And it doesn't matter if they're in the same division as the Pats, in another division they'd run into a team like the Steelers or Broncos that you mentioned.

Or KC, Cinci, Baltimore...think they fell behind the Raiders this year too.

feldspar
09-14-2016, 04:32 AM
After week 1, I think it's pretty clear that the 49ers are a lock to win the Super Bowl.

SpikedLemonade
09-14-2016, 04:55 AM
After week 1, I think it's pretty clear that the 49ers are a lock to win the Super Bowl.

THE only part of that sentence I agree with is lock...as in they should lock you up or you should volunteer to be locked up.

Is that you in the backseat of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

The King
09-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Ugh.

Novacane
09-16-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't blame you. I live 50 miles away and I'm selling the rest of my tickets. Parking gas and food is an easy $100. . I'll still watch but they aren't getting anymore of my money.