• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Hovan Agrees With Favre

Several weeks back, it was reported that Vikings defensive tackle Chris Hovan has a Brett Favre jersey hanging in the locker room, giving the red-haired lineman extra motivation for the season-opener at Lambeau.

On Wednesday, Favre said Hovan should stop the fixation on number 4 and get "a life outside of football." Favre also predicted that Hovan will "look back five or six years from now and say, 'What an idiot I was.'"

Says Hovan, "The guy calls me an idiot; yeah, I'm an idiot. I don't need Brett to tell me that. Do I have a life? I still don't have a life. That's just the kind of person I am. Some people live their life a certain way. I live my life on the edge and being an idiot.

"I date and I drink beer, just like everybody else," Hovan said. "But my life is football. I owe it to Red McCombs, the Vikings organization and the people of Minnesota to give it everything I got. If they want to call me a loser, so be it."

Hovan and Favre got into a scuffle last season during the Vikings-Packers battle in Green Bay after Favre became visibly rattled by Hovan's relentless physical and verbal assault. Both were fined $5,000 -- and we suspect that they should bring their checkbooks to Lambeau on September 7.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Wrong forum

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
        X