PDA

View Full Version : Felton coming back -- I guess to solve the running game problem.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/9/12/12888918/report-buffalo-bills-to-re-sign-fb-jerome-felton

I can't help thinking yesterday that they planned everything around the running game. When that failed, they seemed to have no answers -- the Ravens seemed to know Tyrod well enough to prevented him from getting outside the pocket.

Gronkowski did seemed to be very ineffective in my eyes, either overwhelmed by his first ever game or, as many pointed out, just too small to play the game.

Overall, I put the main blame on Tyrod. I didn't see the confidence and poise from last year. Instead I saw a confused guy, much like the Giants' game last year. Everything was late, even those swing passes to his running backs to his side were EJ like (over thrown, not accurate). We'll see what transpires this Thursday.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Who are we gonna cut to make room for him?

I say it should be Jordan Gay. Make that saga keep going. Then after watching Dan Carpenter try to kick off, we can cut Gronkowski and resign Gay. Because, that would just be the Buffalo Bills thing to do.

YardRat
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the 2016 version of Roster Roulette.

Thurmal
09-12-2016, 01:33 PM
And they cut Gronkowski. Apparently Felton was only cut in the first place b/c his salary would've been guaranteed if he was on the team in Week One. So, in order to save a few bucks, they essentially decided to hamstring the team talent-wise. Shocker. I'd bet my home and car ole Russ was prominently involved in that decision.

GreedoII
09-12-2016, 02:31 PM
And they cut Gronkowski. Apparently Felton was only cut in the first place b/c his salary would've been guaranteed if he was on the team in Week One. So, in order to save a few bucks, they essentially decided to hamstring the team talent-wise. Shocker. I'd bet my home and car ole Russ was prominently involved in that decision.

We are talking about useless FBs...please...

Albany,n.y.
09-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't think they did this intentionally to save $, since I expect Felton to last the season. I think Rex got enamored with Gronkowski after he played well in Detroit, then saw him playing against real NFL players instead of guys destined for the waiver wire, and threw up in his mouth. After he spit, his 1st words were "Get me Felton."

sahlensguy
09-12-2016, 02:42 PM
More cowbell.

feldspar
09-12-2016, 02:48 PM
I don't think they did this intentionally to save $, since I expect Felton to last the season. I think Rex got enamored with Gronkowski after he played well in Detroit, then saw him playing against real NFL players instead of guys destined for the waiver wire, and threw up in his mouth. After he spit, his 1st words were "Get me Felton."

I don't think they did it deliberately to save money, either. Some other team could have just as easily picked him up during the time he was a free agent.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-12-2016, 02:56 PM

I think there is some truth to that. A guy like Felton should not make $3+ million and they know it. But I don't think it is the sole reason. TE depth, Gronk's versatility are also considerations.

If you want to run the ball, I think the Bills missed Karlos Williams of last year, who used his strength just bang-in there. Yesterday the Bills had the same type of backs, McCoy and Bush who shifts and dances to find a hole. The Ravens D completely out muscled the Bills O yesterday. Felton at least gives them some pop to the POA.

sukie
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Vegas line on Gronk joining his brother in NE?

feldspar
09-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Vegas line on Gronk joining his brother in NE?

Maybe they'll put him on the practice squad.

There should be room after the Bills activated that Gay fella. Am I right?

Mace
09-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Maybe we can make a trade for Mario Williams and lure Orton out of retirement. Percy Harvin is still out there.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2016, 07:51 AM
Baby Gronk sucked in pre-season so I was shocked he made the roster in the first place.

trapezeus
09-13-2016, 08:00 AM
can't wait until we resign Leon Joe. that was a sad signing late in a jauron year.

jimmifli
09-13-2016, 09:57 AM
What's Leif Larsen doing these days? He was really strong, I bet he could play FB.

sahlensguy
09-13-2016, 10:23 AM
What's Leif Larsen doing these days? He was really strong, I bet he could play FB.

Wiki:

Larsen retired from football to pursue a boxing career. Since his first fight in 2003, he has won nine out of nine matches, eight of these by knockout.

He defeated British heavyweight boxer Danny Williams in Pabellon Municipal, Silla, Valencia, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain on 2 December 2011.