PDA

View Full Version : Ed Hoch is the ref for our Thursday game

Skooby
09-13-2016, 01:27 PM
You can bet the Jets at will, we won't get a fair shake at all. Ed is all league calls, every game. It's going to be brutal, so find a TV guard to protect it against your rage.

Victor7
09-13-2016, 01:39 PM

One of the league's worst. Be prepared guys. A divisional game usually means a closely contested affair so calls are more important. Don't be surprises if Ed ends up deciding the winner on an errant (obviously) call.

Skooby
09-13-2016, 01:47 PM

One of the league's worst. Be prepared guys. A divisional game usually means a closely contested affair so calls are more important. Don't be surprises if Ed ends up deciding the winner on an errant (obviously) call.

You can lower the odds on us winning by 20% with Ed at the helm, he will be flexing his guns all he can on TV to feed his ego.

trapezeus
09-13-2016, 02:54 PM
sad thing is when ed first was doing the nfl games, he was kind of good at explaining the decions. and then he let the memes about his arms and explanations get to his head and he makes the games all about him.

Skooby
09-13-2016, 03:01 PM
sad thing is when ed first was doing the nfl games, he was kind of good at explaining the decions. and then he let the memes about his arms and explanations get to his head and he makes the games all about him.

It's all you see now, him flexing for attention. It's like the last thing I want to see, especially him making calls against the Bills.

k-oneputt
09-13-2016, 04:56 PM
The Bills better have their "A" game because they will get no help from Hoculi.

Victor7
09-13-2016, 05:34 PM

Yup

He used to be good until he became "famous". He's been **** ever since.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Hochuli is terrible all around, he's not biased against any team, he's just an extremely poor, inconsistent ref.

YardRat
09-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Over/under on total penalties is 24....Buffalo for 15. Any takers?

k-oneputt
09-13-2016, 08:38 PM
Over/under on total penalties is 24....Buffalo for 15. Any takers?

That looks pretty accurate.
The game should end around 1:00 am.

- - - Updated - - -

Minimum a half dozen replay videos.

trapezeus
09-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I agree, he isn't anti buffalo. any game you watch, he slows the game down to make it the ed hochuli show. he kind of is getting to that point that there will be one large f up that's going to come and the league won't be able to look the other way.

feldspar
09-14-2016, 04:40 PM
It may be a little bit worse to have to listen to Phil Simms for 3 hours, blathering on and on...literally making **** up as he goes.

My least favorite commentator.

"We talked about it, Jim..."

Cleve
09-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Wait until the drive-killing holding calls start appearing in the last quarter of the game - that's provided of course the game is close, and the Bills mount what could reasonably be called a 'drive'. Holding calls seem so arbitrary; often blatant holds go uncalled, and all of a sudden minor contact is called for 'holding'.

Skooby
09-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Ed just called nothing, literally nothing happened but a penalty.

Ingtar33
09-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Hoch is a joke. only slightly less funny then our CBs

Skooby
09-15-2016, 08:39 PM
Hoch is a joke. only slightly less funny then our CBs

They're keeping the Jets offense a humming one way or the other.

Skooby
09-15-2016, 09:47 PM
He took our QB off the field, wow.'

justasportsfan
09-15-2016, 09:49 PM
He took our QB off the field, wow.'

It was the right call.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Pretty good ref'd game for a change of pace, tbh.

Skooby
09-16-2016, 05:00 AM
Pretty good ref'd game for a change of pace, tbh.

Phantom call on the Jets first drive to keep it alive, both player fought each other.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 06:44 AM
Didn't cost us the game but how can you ask the qb to leave for concussion protocol and not call hit to the head?

Forward_Lateral
09-16-2016, 06:48 AM
Didn't cost us the game but how can you ask the qb to leave for concussion protocol and not call hit to the head?

I wondered the same damn thing. It was behind the LOS too.

Cleve
09-16-2016, 06:52 AM
It was the right call.

I agree - Taylor looked seriously dazed and confused. I don't think it was illegal contact - this happens with so-called "running" QBs.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 07:53 AM
I think it was a hit to the head. and it was the right call. its absurd that the league's response is to let the game go on, but take out the qb. if it matters, stop the game. I know its brutal to watch a huge stoppage, but for a better team, if you go from a legit starter to ej manuel (like dallas from Prescott to sanchez) its a huge disadvantage.

The King
09-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Was it me or was Hughes and Alexander getting held on almost every play?

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 08:16 AM
not every play, but there were a bunch of flagrant holds that went uncalled...but our rush sucked. the dbs were bad,but qbs with 4 seconds in the NFL are going to make completions. hochuli is still as vexing as ever, but he didn't effect the final outcome.

feldspar
09-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Yeah, well the refs called holding on the Bills twice which extended drives that led to fieldgoals. We lost by exactly those six points. I didn't agree with either call, especially the first one against Gilmore, which was complete BS...totally. These are the things I remember throughout a game.

Then the Jets had a huge play called back on a hold that cost them like 67 yards. I would have been mad about that if I were a Jets fan.

What I'm saying is the refs really had nothing to do with the outcome IMO. I thought it evened out.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 12:36 PM
finally we are bad enough that the refs not being particularly good doesn't really job us that much. the team is doing it themselves.

Skooby
09-16-2016, 03:19 PM
finally we are bad enough that the refs not being particularly good doesn't really job us that much. the team is doing it themselves.

Self-inflicted wounds.