PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans are dopes if they want to get rid of Ryan....

HHURRICANE
09-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Interesting read:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-fans-dopes-putting-rex-ryan-hot-seat-article-1.2790904

sahlensguy
09-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Home late late. Up early. A slap in the face is just what I need. I guess.

trapezeus
09-14-2016, 07:49 AM
consider me a dope. the article's undertone is that no one wants to be here and we are lucky to have rex. any one curious why no one wants to be here? could it be Brandon at the top? there are other teams in towns similar to buffalo but they get andy reid, greenbay has no issues getting and retaining talent. there are only a few new yorks, Miami's, LA's and SF outthere. the rest are average American towns. So why do those teams get the pick of the litter. it has nothing to do with the city. it has to do with the structure of the team and people in the NFL know buffalo will mismanage you. and they only reason they can wholeheartedly agree to that is because one guy has never changed in the years of futility. but we can wait for the usual suspects to come and defend Brandon.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2016, 07:53 AM
consider me a dope. the article's undertone is that no one wants to be here and we are lucky to have rex. any one curious why no one wants to be here? could it be Brandon at the top? there are other teams in towns similar to buffalo but they get andy reid, greenbay has no issues getting and retaining talent. there are only a few new yorks, Miami's, LA's and SF outthere. the rest are average American towns. So why do those teams get the pick of the litter. it has nothing to do with the city. it has to do with the structure of the team and people in the NFL know buffalo will mismanage you. and they only reason they can wholeheartedly agree to that is because one guy has never changed in the years of futility. but we can wait for the usual suspects to come and defend Brandon.

it's unreal that the only person to get continually promoted throughout this whole time has been Brandon

Ginger Vitis
09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
consider me a dope. the article's undertone is that no one wants to be here and we are lucky to have rex.

One thing Mehta doesn't address is Ryan had no other options... So are we suppose to feel sorry Ryan had no choice to accept the Bills job... Hue Jackson would have taken the job... 4 or 5 of the coordinators that would interviewed would have taken the job...I think the optics on the Bills head coaching job will look a little more favourable given Pegula has shown he is willing to pay a good salary for a HC

G
09-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Interesting read:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-fans-dopes-putting-rex-ryan-hot-seat-article-1.2790904

interesting? more like idiotic. this guy says it’s wrong to criticize ryan because of stuff like, ryan likes buffalo, he painted a bills logo on his car, he did a pr campaign where he hung out with kelly and thomas, he could have gone elsewhere, the entire team sucks and it’s not ryan’s fault, he wants to go to the playoffs really bad as if other coaches don’t? this is the most pathetic thing i’ve ever read. this guy rolls with these emotionally driven arguments that have nothing to do with the real coaching deficiencies ryan has.

Joe Fo Sho
09-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Isn't this the same guy who said Sammy would be out for several weeks, if not longer?

Sounds like a real idiot.

OpIv37
09-14-2016, 08:12 AM
That article is complete nonsense. It's all about Ryan going all in with the culture of the team/city (which no one ever challenged), followed by excuses regarding injuries and suspensions.

None of it has anything to do with Ryan's ability to actually coach this team to the playoffs.

Mahdi
09-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Rex Ryan has already proven he can take teams to the playoffs.

Ryan is not the problem and when he gets his defensive pieces back our D can take another step forward.

Right now our problem is unproven QB and OC. Nothing more nothing less.

Luisito23
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
:stupid:

justasportsfan
09-14-2016, 09:09 AM
garbage. I don't care if he painted his car with bills logo's . He's a coach not a fan. Coaches are graded based on wins and losses.

The injury is a stupid excuse. He had a stacked line-up last year that he didn't know what to do with.

So far, BB is making him look bad AS USUAL with the pats looking good without Brady. So much for the injury excuse.

Albany,n.y.
09-14-2016, 09:40 AM
If, at the end of the season the Bills record is under .500 and Pegula decides to clean house, I have no problem if he fires both Whaley & Ryan and brings in a GM who gets to choose his own coach. If Whaley stays, might as well give Rex another year too, but if Whaley goes, they can't keep Rex.

SpikedLemonade
09-14-2016, 09:41 AM
I AM A DOPE.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2016, 09:43 AM
If, at the end of the season the Bills record is under .500 and Pegula decides to clean house, I have no problem if he fires both Whaley & Ryan and brings in a GM who gets to choose his own coach. If Whaley stays, might as well give Rex another year too, but if Whaley goes, they can't keep Rex.

The only to kill this snake is to cut off its head, not tail. The head is Russ Brandon.

OpIv37
09-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Rex Ryan has already proven he can take teams to the playoffs.

Ryan is not the problem and when he gets his defensive pieces back our D can take another step forward.

Right now our problem is unproven QB and OC. Nothing more nothing less.
Yeah well Chan Gailey took teams to the playoffs too. How'd that work out?

Rex decimated a very good D last year, and don't go thinking the defensive woes are solved because they held their own against a Balt team that was 5-11 last year. The team is undisciplined on and off the field. The O is a predictable joke and game day decision making isn't Jauron bad but it still sucks. Rex is part of the problem.

Mahdi
09-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Yeah well Chan Gailey took teams to the playoffs too. How'd that work out?

Rex decimated a very good D last year, and don't go thinking the defensive woes are solved because they held their own against a Balt team that was 5-11 last year. The team is undisciplined on and off the field. The O is a predictable joke and game day decision making isn't Jauron bad but it still sucks. Rex is part of the problem.

I'm by no means saying Rex is at his best right now or that he has things figured out and its just the QB and OC. But with time I think Rex will build a solid team and at some point we will only be a QB away from being a contender.

This fan base just has to continue to be patient and not push out a guy who actually knows football and actually has a philosophy of how he wants to get things done.

Beerfish
09-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Jets fan here, Manish is just a horrendous waste of space as a writer. Whatever he says believe in the exact opposite. He has a large grudge against the former GM for making him look like a dolt and he and all of the NY writers always loved Rex, because he is such a great coach? No. Because he makes their job easy as can be giving out quotes for stories that write themselves. Just ignore any articles from that total dumbass.

Victor7
09-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Didn't even bother to read after realizing its from Manish Metha. He's a NY choad that has a thing for Rex. Not a good one though. Read some of his older stuff. Last year after we beat them and Rex said he felt great because it was like they still want me but can't have me (he said something like that). Manish came out firing on all cylinders telling Rex how much of an idiot he was and how nobody wanted him. Basically the guy is a moron.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm by no means saying Rex is at his best right now or that he has things figured out and its just the QB and OC. But with time I think Rex will build a solid team and at some point we will only be a QB away from being a contender.

This fan base just has to continue to be patient and not push out a guy who actually knows football and actually has a philosophy of how he wants to get things done.

The concern I have with Rex is that he takes over the draft room and keeps continually pushing to draft defensive guys. I consider the first three rounds indicative of a team's true concerns, and of the 5 picks we've had there since Rex took over it's been two linebackers, a DB, a DT, and a Guard. He was doing the same thing in New York, continually restocking his defense and trying to have the offense figure itself out.

Historian
09-14-2016, 10:40 AM
I thing a lot of the problems are self-inflicted:

Players on drug suspensions.
Drafting pre-injured players.
Players showing up overweight.
Personal fouls, penalties.

I don't blame it all of Rex, but he shares a certain amount of responsibility with his boorish behavior. He can coach, but his mouth has backed him into a corner.

And more unfortunately, nobody is going to succeed with Brandon, Berchtold, Munson, and Overdorf calling the shots.

So between the circus that is the Buffalo Bills, The teams that cheat, the referees who have ruined the game, five commercials for every stoppage of play, armed soldiers patrolling the gates, mandatory preseason tickets, the drunken stupidity, five dollars for a bottle of water, and players who are disrespectful felons, I think this will be my last year as a season ticket holder.

It's not that I'll never go to a game, I just have better things to do with my time, and I think that a hobby should be fun and leave you fulfilled, not leave you thinking, "I paid for this?"

/end rant

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2016, 10:51 AM
I don't think Rex will be fired after this season. Pegula didn't hire him to fire him after 2 years.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I don't think Rex will be fired after this season. Pegula didn't hire him to fire him after 2 years.

I can definitely see a scenario where Pegula fires him this year, but it would be a complete collapse season. People saying he'd be fired if they only went 7-9 and missed the playoffs are reaching IMO

justasportsfan
09-14-2016, 11:10 AM

IMO, he's nothing more than a glorified DC. In over his head like Chan , Jauron , Mularkey and every other coordinator who weren't meant to be headcoaches.

He may have had some success from jets until people figured him out. I mean cmon, for whatever reason, Maronne owned him.

Beerfish
09-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Whaley will go down before Rex and the new GM candidates will be hamstrung by having to keep Rex.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2016, 12:00 PM
JP Losman was great in the community, by the writers logic, we shouldn't have dumped him.

Being good in the community, embracing the community doesn't win you football games.

Rex Ryan could be the most hated person in WNY and if the Bills were winning 10 games and making the playoffs, the majority of the fanbase wouldn't give a crap.

Belichick is a perfect example of a guy who's not well liked on a person level is beloved because he wins. He released Kosar in Cleveland and people hated him for it because the team wasn't a winner. He trades Bledsoe in New England and people there don't really care because that team is a dynasty now.

Winning cures everything and the rest of it doesn't really matter.

I don't know Rex Ryan, I will never know Rex Ryan, I don't care that he has a Bills logo painted on the side of the car. He could have a Jets logo painted on the side of his car if he was taking this team to the playoffs.

trapezeus
09-14-2016, 12:26 PM
to me it seems like Mehta was friends with rex during the ny time. and I think rex leaked that Sammy was thinking about staying out of the game to Mehta so that they could put pressure on Sammy to stay in it. I think Sammy sees what's happening and doesn't want to deal
with a full season where failure is everywhere.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Whaley will go down before Rex and the new GM candidates will be hamstrung by having to keep Rex.

Agreed.

swiper
09-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Interesting read:

Manish Mehta is criticized daily in NYC for his ****ty writing.

swiper
09-14-2016, 03:06 PM

Same thing that happened to Mike Tannenbaum with the Jets. Then Idzik.

Let's hope Ryan doesn't drag down Buffalo for 6 years too.

paladin warrior
09-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Fire GM D. Whaley. Gave a other change Rex Ryan

Cleve
09-14-2016, 04:16 PM
So what record would Rex be fired for at the end of THIS year? 8-8? 7-9? 6-10, 5-11 or worse? If Pegula keeps this same bag of clowns onboard for a 7-9 or worse (Brandon and cohorts, Ryan, Whaley) then you know he's not serious about actually winning.

My biggest hope with Brandon - is that he doesn't start to clash with the Sabres GM, Tim Murray, and that GMTM can maintain creative control of the Sabres and not start being forced to base hiring decisions or trade decisions on ticket sales first and foremost, as so many idiotic and puzzling hires by the Bills have been during the Brandon era.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2016, 12:34 AM
I don't see this team winning more than 4 games. We will be drafting in the top 5. Ryan should he fired if we open up 0-6 immediately. Next head coach better have a Gregg Williams or a Wade Phillips for DC, and an OC from under Andy Reid or Hugh Jackson.

pmoon6
09-15-2016, 02:53 AM
consider me a dope. the article's undertone is that no one wants to be here and we are lucky to have rex. any one curious why no one wants to be here? could it be Brandon at the top? there are other teams in towns similar to buffalo but they get andy reid, greenbay has no issues getting and retaining talent. there are only a few new yorks, Miami's, LA's and SF outthere. the rest are average American towns. So why do those teams get the pick of the litter. it has nothing to do with the city. it has to do with the structure of the team and people in the NFL know buffalo will mismanage you. and they only reason they can wholeheartedly agree to that is because one guy has never changed in the years of futility. but we can wait for the usual suspects to come and defend Brandon.I have one. Bills Fans and some of the Buffalo media are overly critical crybabies. The Fans sealed their fate when a group of them put up a billboard to fire Dick Jauron, his staff and the entire front office. That did not go unnoticed by potential coaching candidates. Factor in the ****ty national reputation of WNY and there you have it. Pegula may have the ability to change some coaches mindsets, but Ralph virtually screwed every coach and GM he ever hired save Levy who left on his own accord before the inevitable happened.

SpikedLemonade
09-15-2016, 06:31 AM

That's right.

Rex gets 2 more years after this year before he is fired.

In fact, after this crap season Rex gets rewarded with more power by handpicking the GM he wants to work with.

Doug gets fired after this season.

SpikedLemonade
09-15-2016, 06:36 AM
I have one. Bills Fans and some of the Buffalo media are overly critical crybabies. The Fans sealed their fate when a group of them put up a billboard to fire Dick Jauron, his staff and the entire front office. That did not go unnoticed by potential coaching candidates. Factor in the ****ty national reputation of WNY and there you have it. Pegula may have the ability to change some coaches mindsets, but Ralph virtually screwed every coach and GM he ever hired save Levy who left on his own accord before the inevitable happened.

I only agree with the bolded part.

The rest is crap.

trapezeus
09-15-2016, 08:03 AM
keep apologizing for the bills. they were going to let jauron honor that extension. without that revolt, you would have just watched the same boring football that you had seen for 3.5 years.

Cleve
09-15-2016, 10:12 AM
And more unfortunately, nobody is going to succeed with Brandon, Berchtold, Munson, and Overdorf calling the shots.

I didn't realize, until just reviewing the front office staff at the Bills' website now, that 3 years ago, Brandon hired his own brother, Gregg, as counsel and EVP, a few short months before Wilson passed away.

I suppose it doesn't directly affect football operations - but it's like Nepotism Central at One Bills Drive. I see it as part of the entrenched losing culture from the previous regime carried over into the Pegula regime.

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

pmoon6
09-15-2016, 01:21 PM
keep apologizing for the bills. they were going to let jauron honor that extension. without that revolt, you would have just watched the same boring football that you had seen for 3.5 years.Did that look like an "apology" to you? Maybe you need thicker glasses. Did you miss the part about Ralph Wilson

Just because I called out Bills Fans as gigantic crybabies with vaginas bigger than a 60 year old hooker doesn't mean I was defending the Bills.

You were probably one of the dumbasses that forked out his hard earned cash to pay for the billboard.

Ass still hurting because we haven't done any better since the Jauron era?

Jry44
09-15-2016, 04:48 PM
We led the league in penalties last season, and had issues again Sunday, and now have players suspended. X's andO's, and motivational desires aside the disciplinary dysfunction that we are seeing since Ryan tapped that microphone are squarely on him.

Additionally, I feel like this guy would much rather lose 13-7 and boast about his defense rather than win 34-30. That's a coordunators mentality, not a head coaches. And I'm a pretty damn optimistic guy! I just don't see things changing as long as he's leading our team, unfortunately....

Jry44
09-15-2016, 04:55 PM
I didn't realize, until just reviewing the front office staff at the Bills' website now, that 3 years ago, Brandon hired his own brother, Gregg, as counsel and EVP, a few short months before Wilson passed away.

I suppose it doesn't directly affect football operations - but it's like Nepotism Central at One Bills Drive. I see it as part of the entrenched losing culture from the previous regime carried over into the Pegula regime.

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

The one thing that we know about the Pegulas when going by how they ran the Sabres, is that they are willing to give the current staff that was on hand when they purchased the team a chance to prove themselves. And if they don't see improvement, they will tear this thing down to its foundation and start over.

I'm not rooting for anyone to lose their jobs and never will; I'm still hoping and pulling for this organization to be successful, however I have my serious doubts after the off season that we just went through.

Jry44
09-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Too soon for a bump?

CommissarSpartacus
09-15-2016, 10:39 PM
Interesting read:

This guy's a complete fool, just like the Ryan bros.

Novacane
09-15-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm a dope

ublinkwescore
09-15-2016, 11:30 PM
The sooner we get rid of Ryan, the better.

Albany,n.y.
09-16-2016, 12:15 AM
End of the season for Rex's firing-no reason to fire him earlier, win some meaningless games & screw up our draft pick.

stuckincincy
09-16-2016, 12:50 AM
The sooner we get rid of Ryan, the better.

If I owned the team, I would have canned him the moment after the gun sounded tonight. If anyone can make a case for his continuance, I'd like to hear it.

His best play call of the game was putting in a former #1 QB pick to run a sneak for a 1st down.

G
09-16-2016, 07:05 AM
time for the rex homers to offer formal apologies to the rest of the forum.

Cleve
09-16-2016, 07:06 AM
His best play call of the game was putting in a former #1 QB pick to run a sneak for a 1st down.

I was shaking my head at that - apparently the Bills' #1 QB pick is now a QB sneak specialist. Shows just how inept the Bills' front office and talent selection department is. Virtually every football writer and professional analyst thought EJ was a terrible #1 pick - but once again the Bills apparently thought they knew better than everyone else. And once again, the Bills are proven dead-wrong.

I'd assume Brandon was putting a lot of pressure on football operations to draft a QB quickly, because everyone was complaining about it and it was hurting ticket sales. Doesn't matter to Brandon if the decision is smart, long-term, or not - so long as it sells tickets for this Sunday's game. And hopes were unrealistically high that Manuel would pan out, and that kept fans going to the games, until the realization that Manuel stank, so then Russ came up with the next "big thing" - a Ravens' cast off in Tyrod Taylor. So that kept interest in the team last year, and this, along with the Ryan Wonder Twins hires... but now Brandon will need to pull his little internal marketing puppet strings again to keep fans interested. Maybe the ever naive Pegulas can give him another title after he 'suggests' another hire?