PDA

View Full Version : "4-5 Missed Plays"

Mahdi
09-15-2016, 07:48 AM

Roman and Taylor talked about 4-5 missed plays in their post game PCs. Well they are definitely there.

As you can see from the image above....

The first part of the play is Watkins on a go route - he is covered man to man and also has a safety (very deep) over the top for help so he occupies two defenders.

That clears out that entire side of the field for Clay on a seam route and Goodwin who came around the formation on a fake end around.

Clay is the best option (blue circle) as he runs past the Raven defender who looks to be in zone coverage and his eyes are on Goodwin coming out of the backfield.

Taylor can easily hit Clay in that space behind that defender and it could go for a TD or at worst a 40 yard gain.

Taylor can also hit Goodwin in the flat (blue circle) for what would be a 15-20 yard gain. He's already built up speed to so hitting him in stride would have been a great play.

The other open player is Woods who ran an in-cutting route behind the zone defender and under the DB who is playing him in soft coverage. That is another easy throw if Taylor sees it and hits him in stride. At least a 35 yard play.

Instead Taylor goes to the one guy who is in a standing position and facing a zone defender who is ready to close on him which was McCoy standing on the 50 in the right flat.

Result is a 5 yard gain.

Joe Fo Sho
09-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Roman sucks.

Mahdi
09-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Another play shows how McCoy missed opportunities to press the hole and was bouncing outside unnecessarily.

He has good blocking on this play, he only needs to attack the hole which developed well on this counter.

If he plays it right he would have been one on one with what looks like a DB. Even if he loses he gains at least 6-7.

If he wins it can be a TD or at least a huge gain.

He goes with the red arrow instead and is tackled near the red X for a 5 yard loss.

trapezeus
09-15-2016, 08:00 AM
if the players are struggling to see this real time, the post evaluations are true, but they may still not trust it at the moment that the hole is there, that the receiver will be open at the right time. and those delays will keep costing us in the long run. I agree, the bills could have picked off flacco and won the game in the 3rd. they could have hit a field goal, they could have not handed off to bush to watch him run backwards and kill a good looking drive at the start of the 3rd.

EDS
09-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Every team misses some plays. Nature of the game. Successful teams just miss fewer of them and limit their mistakes (e.g., turnovers and penalties).

Mahdi
09-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Every team misses some plays. Nature of the game. Successful teams just miss fewer of them and limit their mistakes (e.g., turnovers and penalties).

True but those are some basic misses.

And considering our offensive output its fair to say there were probably more than just 4-5 missed plays...

There was a fundamental problem with TT in week 1.

Question is whether that was an anomaly or reality...

casdhf
09-15-2016, 08:56 AM

Another play shows how McCoy missed opportunities to press the hole and was bouncing outside unnecessarily.

He has good blocking on this play, he only needs to attack the hole which developed well on this counter.

If he plays it right he would have been one on one with what looks like a DB. Even if he loses he gains at least 6-7.

If he wins it can be a TD or at least a huge gain.

He goes with the red arrow instead and is tackled near the red X for a 5 yard loss. You mean the whole with the Raven standing in the middle?

4-5 missed plays was the difference in the game. Taylor hits 3 of those and we win.

Luisito23
09-15-2016, 09:01 AM
I don't wanna hear what that dummy Roman has to say anymore...I'm done with him...you can add Taylor to that as well...:chicken:

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2016, 09:12 AM
You can't miss WRs that are wide open by 50 yards. It's inexcusable.

Mahdi
09-15-2016, 09:13 AM
You mean the whole with the Raven standing in the middle?

4-5 missed plays was the difference in the game. Taylor hits 3 of those and we win.

Ya one Raven against McCoy. That's a good situation. you can't block everyone.

The RB has to make a play and any average RB can beat one defender waiting on the other side of the hole.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2016, 09:15 AM
You mean the whole with the Raven standing in the middle?

Forget that. He hits 1 and the Bills probably win.

Buffalogic
09-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah, hopefully we can attribute some of this to week 1 rust and jitters. The first image is pretty alarming. Tyrod missed two easy wide open guys.

stuckincincy
09-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Yeah, hopefully we can attribute some of this to week 1 rust and jitters. The first image is pretty alarming. Tyrod missed two easy wide open guys.

Maybe he's contracted RGIII disease...

The Beef
09-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Gotta hope it's rust. When you see the All 22 the plays are there to be made. That's on Roman. Richie doubling an end who kicks out to let a LB in on TT with nothing but grass to block him isn't on him.

There's a reason Karlos was so effective in this offense. A one cut downhill runner is perfect for Roman. Bush and McCoy can make dazzling plays when they make someone miss on the corner. The problem is they're not going to hit the first hole they see in between the tackles. That's on everyone from the FO down to the player. Shady had some nice plays to make something out of nothing, unfortunately he and especiallt Bush can take something and make it a nothing.

Turf
09-15-2016, 11:19 AM
As much as I dislike Roman, I can't blame him when he has wide open receivers running all over the field. It's all on Taylor.

Buffalogic
09-15-2016, 02:00 PM
As much as I dislike Roman, I can't blame him when he has wide open receivers running all over the field. It's all on Taylor.
This is the thing. Roman gets a lot of fault, but there are wide open receivers and pretty good holes to run through. Our players are missing them.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Gotta hope it's rust. When you see the All 22 the plays are there to be made. That's on Roman.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

Mahdi
09-15-2016, 02:42 PM
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

I think he meant to type "that's not on Roman"

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2016, 03:32 PM
I think he meant to type "that's not on Roman"

I hope so.

mightysimi
09-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Maybe they should have played more than 12 snaps in pre-season.

YardRat
09-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Roman's doing his job, and so are the receivers, if there are guys open. Those are all on Taylor. Hopefully the first game is an anomaly, because I'm not real keen on the team spending millions of dollars on Trent Edwards v2.0.

Maybe Toyota is still shell-shocked from the three picks he threw in the Pro Bowl.

The Beef
09-15-2016, 05:02 PM
No that's on Roman as in... That's his play design, that's his call, the call worked.

Missing open receivers and blitzing LB'ers is on TT and the oline.