PDA

View Full Version : 37 Points?

Turf
09-15-2016, 10:19 PM
37 ****ing points? To a QB we let go years ago? By the Ryan brothers?

This entire front office and coaching staff is a **** show.

Wake up Terry. Stop making friends and make good decisions.

Mace
09-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Not just to any QB, to Ryan Fitzpatrick guided by Chan Gailey in a home game on national TV.

justasportsfan
09-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Not just to any QB, to Ryan Fitzpatrick guided by Chan Gailey in a home game on national TV.
Ryan used to own them when he was with jets. Now we get owned by them at home with Rex as our HC

G
09-15-2016, 10:38 PM
i can't believe rex ryan has supporters among the fan base. this is a joke minus the funny part. another wretched performance by a team that's clearly without direction under the conman twins.

Mace
09-15-2016, 10:44 PM
Ryan used to own them when he was with jets. Now we get owned by them at home with Rex as our HC

He only had 374 yards passing, we stifled him.

Novacane
09-15-2016, 10:46 PM
I don't think he has many supporters. Unfortunately he has one that owns the team

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to hear the dumb asses excuse for 500-plus yards and 37 points

WagonCircler
09-15-2016, 10:51 PM

Think about this: Would you take back Fitz/Gailey on Offense and Jim Schwartz and his Defense back?

I would.

But we'd still have a roster full of Doug Whaley dumb ass players.

Buffalo Thriller
09-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Just wait until that Monday night game in Seattle. Yeesh it's gonna be ugly.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2016, 10:56 PM
1-7 going into the bye.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-15-2016, 11:01 PM
maybe we get the first pick in the draft... wow im there already

Novacane
09-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Think about this: Would you take back Fitz/Gailey on Offense and Jim Schwartz and his Defense back?

I would.

Over what we have yes but you're never going to be anything more than average with Fitz at QB. He doesn't get to play the Bills 16 games a year

Buffalo Thriller
09-15-2016, 11:03 PM
3-13 end of the year.

Novacane
09-15-2016, 11:03 PM
1-7 going into the bye.

Who are they going to beat

Buffalo Thriller
09-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Who are they going to beat
LA. It'll be the dumpster fire Super Bowl.

Mace
09-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Over what we have yes but you're never going to be anything more than average with Fitz at QB. He doesn't get to play the Bills 16 games a year

I'd rather be 1-1 after a road division/conference win. They made 10-6 last year with our retreads Fitz and Gailey, just beat us at home in a nationally televised game. 10-6 is better than average, it's where everyone wants us to be, if you include a 374 yard winning game from your suspect QB on the road against division/conference on national TV, with an effective vet RB who gained 100 yards.

They pretty much are what we want to be after they booted their former guy over here and we bit on the shiney within 2 years.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2016, 11:52 PM

I would.

I'd take Dick Jauron back. His teams overachieved. This team, with its talent, if it overachieved would challenge for the playoffs.

Mace
09-15-2016, 11:55 PM
I'd take Dick Jauron back. His teams overachieved. This team, with its talent, if it overachieved would challenge for the playoffs.

I thought you were big on tanking ? If we're going to lose may as well lose properly and not top out at 7-9.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2016, 11:56 PM
I thought you were big on tanking ? If we're going to lose may as well lose properly and not top out at 7-9.

This team has the talent to challenge for the playoffs. It doesn't have the talent to be Super Bowl caliber but playoff capable after 16 years of nothing but crap would be an improvement.

What this team lacks right now is direction, discipline and gameplanning that makes any funking sense.

stuckincincy
09-16-2016, 12:07 AM
This team has the talent to challenge for the playoffs. It doesn't have the talent to be Super Bowl caliber but playoff capable after 16 years of nothing but crap would be an improvement.

What this team lacks right now is direction, discipline and gameplanning that makes any funking sense.

Honestly - they do not have the talent to challenge for the playoffs. If they offered up their entire bunch for sale, if such was possible, who would be purchased by any club with a half-decent roster? Hughes? Dareus? Darby or Gilmore? Woods? Schmidt?

Mr. Pink
09-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Honestly - they do not have the talent to challenge for the playoffs. If they offered up their entire bunch for sale, if such was possible, who would be purchased by any club with a half-decent roster? Hughes? Dareus? Darby or Gilmore? Woods? Schmidt?

This team is infinitely more talented than the Jauron teams that were winning 7 games.

Those teams were expansion level football talented.

stuckincincy
09-16-2016, 12:44 AM
This team is infinitely more talented than the Jauron teams that were winning 7 games.

Those teams were expansion level football talented.

Are we quibbling about the historical talent levels of a club that hasn't made the playoffs for 16 years and is likely to extend that record to 17 years?

jamze132
09-16-2016, 03:52 AM
This team has the talent but not the brains or discipline necessary for winning football. That rests solely on stupid Rex and his merry sheep.

TacklingDummy
09-16-2016, 04:35 AM
Get lucky and beat either SF or LA

DraftBoy
09-16-2016, 06:13 AM

I don't know where you're seeing the talent to challenge for the playoffs on this team right now. There are definitely some scheme issues but there is a clear talent issue as well.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 08:07 AM

I would not. for as bad as this game was, it was entertaining due to the constant long ball

WagonCircler
09-16-2016, 08:23 AM
I don't know where you're seeing the talent to challenge for the playoffs on this team right now. There are definitely some scheme issues but there is a clear talent issue as well.

But there MUST be talent! Doug Whaley tells us so. He gave us the opportunity to overpay for Philly's RB because....TALENT! He paid double the price for Sammy Watkins that the Giants paid for Odell Beckham because....TALENT! He populated our roster with QBs who suck, but who look really great running around like playground kids because....TALENT! He crowed about how he stole two players in the first two rounds of this year's draft (neither of whom seem to be on the field) because....TALENT!

This team sucks, and Whaley built it.

Oh, and Rex sucks too. Who hired that guy?

Beerfish
09-16-2016, 09:50 AM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/566/388/hi-res-6bf5e36b9e7aec3f2f849acce9851d4d_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Mr. Pink
09-16-2016, 12:32 PM

Defensively the talent is there with the right scheme, a couple of years ago defensively we looked about as good as Denver did last year. We're a step below there talent wise now than 2 years ago, but with the right scheme and some discipline we could still be a top 10 NFL Defense. Throw a little offense in there, and you have the markings of a team that would mirror last years Denver squad, again a few steps below it which would get us to playoff level football.

Not championship level football but we'd be playing meaningful football in December for a change of pace.

I'm not trying to say what we have now can get us year after year of success but it can end the 16 year drought if properly schemed or coached on both sides of the ball. And ending the drought is better than the fanbase debating if we should bother trying to win a week 17 game for a better draft pick or something to build on for the next year.

cookie G
09-16-2016, 01:30 PM

I loved last night's scheme!!

8 people in the box standing around and taking bets as to how long it would take the cb's to get burned. "um...shouldn't a few of us be rushing the passer or helping out the cb's? "not if you're ALL IN!!!"

Last night I pictured Bum Phillips walking up to Buddy in football heaven..

Bum: "Buddy, what the hell your boys doo'in down there..."
Buddy: "Idk, they seemed to have forgotten my no. 1 rule...pressure"
Bum: "Yeah, 8 people standin' around in the box...holdin' a quiltin' bee"
Buddy: "Reggie just came by and said, Coach, I'm not sure if they would have let ME rush the passer"
Bum: "Buddy, not to kick a man while he's down...to to be braggin' on you..but have ya seen what my boy Wade has been doin? I mean hissun could beat yurin...and..." (Buddy takes a wild swing and misses, Bum lasso's him"
Bum: Easy thar big fella..unless you want a pair of size 12 ostrich skins where the sun don't shine"

sukie
09-16-2016, 01:34 PM
I loved last night's scheme!!

8 people in the box standing around and taking bets as to how long it would take the cb's to get burned. "um...shouldn't a few of us be rushing the passer or helping out the cb's? "not if you're ALL IN!!!"

Last night I pictured Bum Phillips walking up to Buddy in football heaven..

Bum: "Buddy, what the hell your boys doo'in down there..."
Buddy: "Idk, they seemed to have forgotten my no. 1 rule...pressure"
Bum: "Yeah, 8 people standin' around in the box...holdin' a quiltin' bee"
Buddy: "Reggie just came by and said, Coach, I'm not sure if they would have let ME rush the passer"
Bum: "Buddy, not to kick a man while he's down...to to be braggin' on you..but have ya seen what my boy Wade has been doin? I mean hissun could beat yurin...and..." (Buddy takes a wild swing and misses, Bum lasso's him"
Bum: Easy thar big fella..unless you want a pair of size 12 ostrich skins where the sun don't shine"

Pressure. Rex and his scheme was always known for pressure. Bills had pressure prior to Rex arriving.... Blitzing used to be Rex's calling card. Unique wild blitzing packages...

What happened? Perhaps his players just cannot do it.

cookie G
09-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Pressure. Rex and his scheme was always known for pressure. Bills had pressure prior to Rex arriving.... Blitzing used to be Rex's calling card. Unique wild blitzing packages...

He probably lost his nerve, like Stallone in Rocky III or Fighting Joe Hooker in the Battle of Chancellorville. Maybe his wife needs to take him out to a beach and scream at him for a while, like Adrian (Adrienne?).

That was a complaint of Rob in NO, too. He didn't blitz nearly as much as he pretended to. At one point, Gary Payton actually asked him "do I have to get your brother here to get pressure on the QB?" In retrospect..that would have been a bad decision.

As far as the players to do it...he walked into a situation where the D was getting consistent pressure with just 4 people. So consistent that they were at the top of the NFL in sacks 2 years in a row. That's a DC's dream. not only can they drop 7 in coverage, they don't have to have them hanging around the LOS, out of position.

It wasn't good enough for him, though.

WagonCircler
09-16-2016, 02:14 PM

Because they're stupid. Just like Whaley likes them.