PDA

View Full Version : Taylor cannot run an effective offense

don137
09-15-2016, 10:29 PM
While many weaknesses on this team Taylor is their biggest Achilles heel. His inability to run an efficient offense is killing this team. He has big strike ability as shown tonight but cannot run a efficient offense that works the clock. Also cannot run a two minute offense. The defense is on the field way too long due to tiring since Taylor cannot keep offense on field.

Luisito23
09-15-2016, 10:31 PM
No ****...

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2016, 10:33 PM
I have to agree with you.

If they go 0-4 to start the season, I'd not mind the Pegula's to go Sabres' route to tank this season, which practically the best option going forward.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Trade Watkins now.

Novacane
09-15-2016, 10:37 PM
This is a bad football team. A lot worse than I expected

justasportsfan
09-15-2016, 10:40 PM
TTs not much of a qb
He more of a runner who can throw. He'd do very well in college.

If only he had Fitzs brain.

The Jokeman
While many weaknesses on this team Taylor is their biggest Achilles heel. His inability to run an efficient offense is killing this team. He has big strike ability as shown tonight but cannot run a efficient offense that works the clock. Also cannot run a two minute offense. The defense is on the field way too long due to tiring since Taylor cannot keep offense on field.

Maybe stuckincincy can help but am starting to get memories of Jeff Blake when watch Tyrod.

trapezeus
The cardinals game is going to be painful

TacklingDummy
09-15-2016, 10:44 PM
Like I've been saying, he's a sandlot QB.
Needs the play to breakdown so that he can make a connection on a big play once in awhile.

don137
09-15-2016, 10:49 PM
The cardinals game is going to be painful

Watching them is no longer painful. After what looks to be 17 years of sucking I have become numb to the pain. Every year I get less emotionally attached due to all the disappointment. Don't even get very excited on good plays anymore as I have this feeling they will blow it. Don't want to feel this way but no reason to get overly excited only to be let down again.

stuckincincy
09-15-2016, 10:51 PM
This is a bad football team. A lot worse than I expected
The 2 preseason games I got to see told me that.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Watkins is a joke

Mr. Pink
09-15-2016, 11:45 PM
Tyrod Taylor is one of the worst QBs in the league.

He cannot run an efficient offense, or sustain drives, he can't make the majority of actual NFL throws, he is simply not a QB who pretty much ignores the entire middle of the field.

Good thing they gave him a bunch of money to play this year.

He's worth vet minimum, at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Watkins is a joke

Don't know if you can even make that conclusion based on his QB.

Watkins wasn't even looked at until 4 minutes left in the 1st half.

Crisis
09-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Watkins is one of those players who is never going to be fully healthy/utilized here, then will look like a superstar whenever he escapes this franchise.

Frenchman
09-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Really it is about finishing the game for Tyrod. Not just starting it well. But finishing the game.

stuckincincy
09-16-2016, 12:13 AM
Watkins is one of those players who is never going to be fully healthy/utilized here, then will look like a superstar whenever he escapes this franchise.

I don't think so. I don't see a lot of leaping ability or shifty deke moves on a DB from him. Or breaking off and coming back to help his QB.

I'd trade a 5th round pick for him, based strictly on his college performance. No more than that.

Mr. Cynical
09-16-2016, 01:16 AM
Watching them is no longer painful. After what looks to be 17 years of sucking I have become numb to the pain. Every year I get less emotionally attached due to all the disappointment. Don't even get very excited on good plays anymore as I have this feeling they will blow it. Don't want to feel this way but no reason to get overly excited only to be let down again.

You know, I'm feeling the same way actually. I used to literally shake with anger - and joy, back in the 90s - and now I'm honestly starting to just say f*** it, who cares. It's just a game, it's not my life. So putting it in the same bucket as whatever TV show I like to watch, it helps. Then it's more like, eh, this episode sucked, change the channel and watch some Family Guy reruns or whatever. Losing 16 (and soon 17) years in a row will do that to ya I guess.

sudzy
09-16-2016, 02:09 AM
Trade Watkins now.

Do you think we could get two 4ths for him?

jamze132
09-16-2016, 03:47 AM
Taylor is a bonofide sandlot QB and if he's not utilized as such, we have no chance. Stupid ass Roman needs to roll him out more, he needs to call more slants and crossing patterns and for the love of Jesus he needs to call more quick hitting runs.

Taylor doesn't have the best accuracy short to midrange so Roman needs to account by llining up 4-wide

TacklingDummy
09-16-2016, 04:49 AM
Do you think we could get two 4ths for him?
Does Cleveland have two 4ths?

Jan Reimers
09-16-2016, 05:25 AM
I totally agree, Don. I have basically lost hope, which has led me to lose the passion I used to have for this team. I didn't even order the NFL Sunday Ticket this year, because I felt it would be stupid to pay good money to watch a poor product. I wasn't the least bit upset during the disaster last night, as I have come to expect that they will find a way to lose most games.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 08:53 AM
when the pegulas bought the team and said the bills would never move, I didn't know that meant they wouldn't move 10 yards consistently. this team is awful