• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Gilmore

Not only was Gilmore burnt toast last night but his effort on run defense was beyond pathetic. I've never seen him that shy of contact before but he was literally standing around watching the tackle happen or giving only partial effort.

He was beaten badly by bigger WR's and then gives no effort to help support the team in run defense. He's not playing like he's worth $15 million a year.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Gilmore

Been saying it for 3 years. Guy is one of the most over rated players in the league. He's nowhere near a "shutdown" corner. Darby was crap yesterday as well, but Gilmore looked lost.

I also blame the coaching scheme for leaving those two outside one on one, when clearly they weren't capable of getting the job done.

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Gilmore and Darby have THE COOLEST hair extensions in the league!

You want them to play well too?
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Gilmore is a good but not great corner. Great corners don't have many bad plays in a game. He looked like a rookie or journeyman out there. Definitely not reliable enough for a big payday but then again who is?

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Gilmore rolled over and died. At least Darby was battling. Zero pass rush basically allowed every receiver to run their route and then pull a comeback, there's only so much you can do in man there.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Not only was Gilmore burnt toast last night but his effort on run defense was beyond pathetic. I've never seen him that shy of contact before but he was literally standing around watching the tackle happen or giving only partial effort.

He was beaten badly by bigger WR's and then gives no effort to help support the team in run defense. He's not playing like he's worth $15 million a year.
            He's one of the guys you can count on to give you his best, but he completely checked out last night, it was ****ing pathetic. Darby was roasted as well, but at least the kid fought back, Gilmore waived the white flag in every facet of the game. Not good.

Edit: Basically made the same post as the King at roughly the same exact time...lol

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I would trade Gilmore to any sucker that will give up a 2nd round pick or better.

Comment

Working...
              X