PDA

View Full Version : We all know Brandon is staying but does Whaley get Fired as well?

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 10:06 AM
I actually like Whaley and the talent he has drafted. Looking at the drafts that he has run you cannot look at the seven rounds and say dang that was a major disappointment to many time, or how did he pass that guy. Especially in rounds 1, 2, 3, the later rounds are much harder evaluations and almost a crap shoot. I know you guys all hate him due to the Sammy trade, fine whatever, that said do you think he survives when Rex gets canned. I am so hoping he gets fired at the bye, I am now routing for us to get our butts kicked every week so we can hopefully get a coach that can game plan.

trapezeus
09-16-2016, 10:21 AM
whaley is good for defensive and some of the talent positions like RB, WR and TE...but he has missed badly on developing a line and he picked EJ and TT. and cardale is not ready. your thread title is the problem. they have to fire Brandon. he can't be part of the pegula group. he can't be with the sabres, he needs to be out of buffalo.

EDS
09-16-2016, 10:26 AM
The Bills need to hire a real football guy that has authority over all player and coaching personnel decisions.

feldspar
09-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Whaley won't get fired at the end of the season, let alone at the bye.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Brandon is not the problem, Brandon handles business and sales. I agree a football Czar if you will would be a nice addition. I am just trying to figure out if you guys think Pegs would fire Whaley and Rex or just Rex? I do not follow Sabers so this is more of a historical question

Jimkelly12203
09-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Whaley needs to be the first person shown the door. He has made absolutely TERRIBLE decisions. An utter failure.

DraftBoy
09-16-2016, 10:54 AM
whaley is good for defensive and some of the talent positions like RB, WR and TE...but he has missed badly on developing a line and he picked EJ and TT. and cardale is not ready. your thread title is the problem. they have to fire Brandon. he can't be part of the pegula group. he can't be with the sabres, he needs to be out of buffalo.

They're not going to fire Brandon. He's too important to the owners as a business asset since he is the Team President for both of their franchises.

Love him or hate him, he's not leaving.

Buffalogic
09-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Fire everyone. Give all their jobs to Harbaugh.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 11:01 AM
What Terrible decisions has Whaley made. Say what you want about the Sammy trade, we got a really good receiver and gave up a bottom half first round pick. That said I will agree not what you do for a receiver only a QB do you give up a future first for. What other terrible moves has he made? We can void the Tyrod deal and owe him nothing, dead money will be minimal since just the signing bonus he signed which was not out of the realm money.

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2016, 11:08 AM
The EJ pick....2 firsts for Sammy. And the latest..draft a guy with your first pick that the rest of the league knows has a shoulder problem. Then lie and says hes fine. Whaley the guy who put us in (his own words) Qb purgatory. Whaley the guy who had us cash strapped. Whaley the guy responsible for having no o line depth. Whaley who said football is dangerous and not meant for humans. Is this the guy we're talking about? Whaley who along with Brandon suggested Ryan to the nieve Pegulas? Gee let me rhink about it.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 11:25 AM
EJ was Nix. The Shaq pick does not bother me because without shoulder he goes top 10 to Bears, I do agree lying was bad. He would have been much better off saying we know he may need surgery but too good to pass up. QB deal I think he should have been taking one every year. His comment about football had to do with human beings not being genetically inclined to take the pounding of football as we are not evolved for that kind of beating.

Turf
09-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Not to mention paying 30+ million for a HB we can't design a running play for.

Jry44
09-16-2016, 11:45 AM
I think they will clean house. Russ Brandon will be safe since he's over seeing the Sabres as well. But the rest of this ***** will be gutted, just like the Sabres were.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks JRY that is sort of the information I was looking for. What did sabres do with personnel staff like scouts etc. I actually think we have good college scouts and hope we can keep those guys, but I would like an outside GM this time.

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2016, 11:53 AM
EJ was Nix..

Please don't lay it all on Nix when Whaley himself says differently
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204027/article/new-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick.

Jry44
09-16-2016, 11:54 AM
The EJ pick....2 firsts for Sammy. And the latest..draft a guy with your first pick that the rest of the league knows has a shoulder problem. Then lie and says hes fine. Whaley the guy who put us in (his own words) Qb purgatory. Whaley the guy who had us cash strapped. Whaley the guy responsible for having no o line depth. Whaley who said football is dangerous and not meant for humans. Is this the guy we're talking about? Whaley who along with Brandon suggested Ryan to the nieve Pegulas? Gee let me rhink about it.

Whaley has put talent on the roster. The defense was ridiculous prior to Rex getting his talons into it, and Sammy Watkins was a huge need. And we can easily get out of the Tyrod Taylor contract by simply not picking up his option next season. And football absolutely is not a sport that humans are meant to play. The structure and vulnerability of knee joints and the associated CTE risks are blatent proof of that. So I have no problems with whatwhat has said or done with the roster. Whaleys down fall is that he hired Rex, and has basically allowed the inmates to run the asylum with the suspensions. The entire organization needs a culture change, and I think the Pegulas have seen enough to realize this since purchasing the team.

Albany,n.y.
09-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Fire everyone. Give all their jobs to Harbaugh.

Harbaugh isn't coming, but maybe $10 million/year can get his protégé, David Shaw.

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Sammy was not worth the price paid
especially in a rich wr draft. When Whaley officially took over the O line was a weakness. Is it really much better. We still have limited depth.

BuffRanger
09-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Whaley's drafting has been putrid. To break down and rebuild the right way now would be a 5 year process. If Whaley had drafted well it wouldn't take 5 years. ****, wouldn't have to be done at all. As far as Brandon, he's a loser and needs to go because when you have losers running your organization you lose.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Depth is a problem on every team in the NFL. Also hindsight says Sammy draft rich with WR talent and so do draft nicks, but how often do sure fire talents fail. I do agree and would not have done the pick myself, but Whaley has built a talented team. That said if Rex was his guy and he banged the table for him then he needs to be fired, we will never know the truth but if he was in agreement with Brandon and the Pegs because I do know Rex philosophy is similar to Steelers so I can see him agreeing then I may give him one more swing.

- - - Updated - - -

Whaley's drafting has been putrid. To break down and rebuild the right way now would be a 5 year process. If Whaley had drafted well it wouldn't take 5 years. ****, wouldn't have to be done at all. As far as Brandon, he's a loser and needs to go because when you have losers running your organization you lose.

Examples please

feldspar
09-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Whaley won't get fired at the end of the season, let alone at the bye.

I take that back after the Roman fire.

Looks like anything is possible at this point.

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2016, 01:23 PM
For those who say Whaley has put talent on the roster, and we have a brotherhood of defensive genius..then how do you explain weeks one and two and last year. Its not really valuable as talent unless it provides positive results. I see nothing positive from any of them .

sukie
09-16-2016, 01:29 PM
For those who say Whaley has put talent on the roster, and we have a brotherhood of defensive genius..then how do you explain weeks one and two and last year. Its not really valuable as talent unless it provides positive results. I see nothing positive from any of them .

So much more than 50% is the players on the field performing.

Penalties? A conscious decision takes place before a player reaches and grabs a jersey. Not coaching

Bad play calling? A conscious decision takes place within in a QB on a mid field slant route check off to the sideline.

More often than not these so called professional player,s that have been playing the game for 15 plus years, have to be accountable for playing like crap.

Sure coaches preach a scheme and insert plays... unless they are executed... who is ultimately responsible? PLAYERS.

The FO doesn't grab jerseys or show up to work overweight or blow a coverage or fail to get to the QB

paladin warrior
09-16-2016, 02:59 PM
He will be next .. after season over

jills
09-16-2016, 03:26 PM
He will be next .. after season over

Hopefully, he's as clueless as his supporters.

justasportsfan
09-16-2016, 03:40 PM
If Whaley was on the Pegulas face about hiring Rex, then he is to blame too and should go.