PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting hypothetical situation..

Shady25
09-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Say we were as awful as this message board makes us out to be..

Cleveland has 2 first round picks.. they could very well both be top 10

we may very well have the #1 pick in the draft (may be an overreaction)

If Cleveland wants Deshaun Watson, and puts us in position to draft say, Myles Garrett, and Leonard Fournette... what would you say?

is there any specific players you would like to see us put together?

just something interesting to talk about as opposed to us losing.

sukie
09-16-2016, 11:41 AM
I can't grasp this hypothetical... I know within my soul we won't be top 5 in the draft.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 11:42 AM
No, I do not want the RB I also do not want Watson at all

EDS
09-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Say we were as awful as this message board makes us out to be..

Cleveland has 2 first round picks.. they could very well both be top 10

we may very well have the #1 pick in the draft (may be an overreaction)

If Cleveland wants Deshaun Watson, and puts us in position to draft say, Myles Garrett, and Leonard Fournette... what would you say?

is there any specific players you would like to see us put together?

just something interesting to talk about as opposed to us losing.

First of all, I don't think anyone really thinks this team will only win a handful of games. Unfortunately, they will win 6-9 games so as to be irrelevant for purposes of the playoffs and sure fire franchise caliber talent in the draft.

That said, if they did get the first pick, that probably means they need a QB, so why would they trade away the opportunity to get one for the opportunity to get players the team has already committed significant resources too (DE with 1st round pick on Lawson and big money contract to Hughes and RB with big money contract to McCoy) and that are not going to have as meaningful an impact as franchise QB?

Mahdi
09-16-2016, 11:59 AM
No RBs in the first or second round.

QB, LT, Pass rusher, CB, S

DraftBoy
09-16-2016, 12:15 PM
No RBs in the first or second round.

QB, LT, Pass rusher, CB, S

WR, RT, RG, and DT too.

swiper
09-16-2016, 12:17 PM
There needs to be an all out effort to get a real QB in here. Like when they got Bledsoe. Get a real friggin QB, then rebuild everything around that. No excuses.

Tie Rod is a pretender. He's bad on many levels. Just because he is better than EJ Manuel doesn't mean he is good.